Masculinity is a growing threat
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by JP - Jan. 17, 2019, 3:32 p.m.

-- From our friends at the Babylon Bee --

Growing Threat

Comments
By JP - Jan. 17, 2019, 3:43 p.m.
Like Reply

Meanwhile, at Google...

Meltdown

By carlberky - Jan. 17, 2019, 4:44 p.m.
Like Reply

Are men becoming obsolete ?

At his State of the State Address, our newly elected Democractic Governor mentioned that for the first time in United States history, a State Legeslature is comprised of more women then men.

By metmike - Jan. 17, 2019, 8:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Funny article JP. Here's something not so funny............if you were to get in the path of a person like this:

Roid Rage at Planet Fitness:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UU6pk7mVX48

By JP - Jan. 17, 2019, 8:55 p.m.
Like Reply

That individual's behavior is unacceptable and should have landed him in police custody. At least he only physically attacked things, not people (as far as I could tell based on the video).

Honorable men control their emotions and their masculinity -- he didn't.

By metmike - Jan. 18, 2019, 12:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Agree JP!

As the video captured him leaving, it looked like the person at the desk was on the phone...........probably calling the cops.

I was a competitive body builder and power lifter for a couple of decades and been a member of a gym for 45 consecutive years.........even 2 gyms at times but never witnessed anything like that.

By metmike - Jan. 18, 2019, 12:26 a.m.
Like Reply

I take that back.

In 1982, at the downtown Cincinnati YMCA, this guy was in an ornary mood, taking 45 lb plates off of a bar on the squat rack and just throwing them wildly across the room.

After doing this with 3 or 4 plates, with several to go, I confronted him(I was the only guy there) and he started yelling and cursing at me like he was possessed. I could bench press 330 lbs at the time and never thought of backing down for anybody................before this. 

The guy  was huge and benched something like 450 and was filled with such rage that I actually worried that the next 45 lb iron plate was going to be tossed at my head................ so I just shut up and finished my work out, while hoping to not have my head bashed in from the remaining plates he continued to throw across the room.

By TimNew - Jan. 18, 2019, 4:59 a.m.
Like Reply

Call it what you will,  but the problem we have with masculinity these days is we have too many young men growing up without the benefit of a strong male role model.  Too many single parent homes.  Add in "modern" phenomena like "Serial Monogamy" and we have too many young men with too little guidance.  No one teaches them how to be men.