Universal Healthcare after 2020
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Jan. 12, 2019, 12:03 p.m.

After McConnell changed the rules in the senate and stole the supreme court seat that belonged to Obama, I expect Dems to hold the WH and congress.  At that time, they will change the rules and abolish the filibuster.  Then they will ram all sorts of progressive policies down the throat of all the cow grazing states.

And you'll have Trump to blame.  He'll be screaming his bloody head off, even if he is sitting in his jail cell.

Comments
By TimNew - Jan. 12, 2019, 2:59 p.m.
Like Reply

"After McConnell changed the rules in the senate and stole the supreme court seat that belonged to Obama".

The liberal need for historic revision is nearly comical at times.  The change to rules applied to judicial appointments was brought about by none other than Harry Reid.  Libs screamed when those changes worked against them.  But then,  that should be no surprise.

I think Reid epitomized the lib-dem party; when asked about his lies about Romney never paying taxes he replied "Well, he lost the election didn't he?"  

As far as dems taking control in 2020...  Ummm, we'll see.  But I think it's a long way from guaranteed.

By joj - Jan. 12, 2019, 3:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Reid changed the rules on lower court judges because Republicans wouldn't confirm any of Obama's judges.  McConnell changed the rules on the supreme court confirmations.  GOP plays dirty.   The seat was stolen.  You are the revisionist.

By mcfarm - Jan. 12, 2019, 3:18 p.m.
Like Reply

then what was a that talk about the nuclear option and harry reid?

By TimNew - Jan. 12, 2019, 3:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's a comprehensive list of the dems "skullduggery" re" judicial appointments. Before you predictably attempt to discredit the source,  I'll ask that you try to discredit the data/conclusions of the article.  As far as the pubs playing dirty,  I'll submit that politics is a dirty game, and no one is "muddier" than dems.  I'll use one word "Kavanaugh". But that's only the most recent.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/with-judicial-nominees-democrats-have-only-themselves-to-blame/2018/07/05/2225c65c-8067-11e8-b660-4d0f9f0351f1_story.html?utm_term=.98998300f7fe

"As President Trump prepares to announce his replacement for retiring Supreme Court Justice Anthony M. Kennedy, Democrats are desperate to block the president’s nominee — but are powerless to so. They have no one to blame but themselves. Let’s take a moment to recall the sordid 15-year history of Democratic miscalculations that brought them to this point."