Fitch warns of possible cut to US triple-A rating if shutdown continues
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Jan. 9, 2019, 9:30 a.m.

The U.S. is in danger of losing its triple-A sovereign credit rating later this year, Fitch said on Wednesday, warning an ongoing government shutdown could soon start to impact highly sensitive areas of the world's largest economy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/markets/fitch-warns-of-possible-cut-to-us-triple-a-rating-if-shutdown-continues/ar-BBS0jKF?ocid=spartandhp

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 9, 2019, 11:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Nice of you to drop in mojo...........to tell us how the person responsible for the strongest economy in the world is to blame for the government shut down and everything bad that happens from it.............. because the dems won't fund the American wall needed on our southern border.

By frey_1999 - Jan. 9, 2019, 11:57 a.m.
Like Reply

The president of China is responsible for the government shutdown who knew ? 

By metmike - Jan. 9, 2019, 12:18 p.m.
Like Reply

From The Wall Street Joural:

U.S. Is World’s Most Competitive Economy for First Time in a Decade

https://www.wsj.com/articles/u-s-is-worlds-most-competitive-economy-for-first-time-in-a-decade-1539727213

"The U.S. is back on top as the most competitive country in the world, regaining the No. 1 spot for the first time since 2008 in an index produced by the World Economic Forum, which said the country could still do better on social issues. 

America climbed one place in the rankings of 140 countries, with the top five rounded out by Singapore, Germany, Switzerland and Japan. All five countries’ scores rose from 2017, with the U.S. notching the second-biggest gain after Japan’s. "

By metmike - Jan. 9, 2019, 12:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Even if you want to go by "largest" economy(I was referring to strongest),

the US still beats China, though that will likely change in the future, despite the last 2 years featuring such strong growth in  the US:

The World's Top 20 Economies

https://www.investopedia.com/insights/worlds-top-economies/

"The U.S. has retained its position of being the world’s largest economy since 1871."

By mojo - Jan. 9, 2019, 8:05 p.m.
Like Reply

"Nice of you to drop in mojo...........to tell us how the person responsible for the strongest economy in the world is to blame for the government shut down and everything bad that happens from it.............. because the dems won't fund the American wall needed on our southern border."

Well, it's a thankless dirty job, but somebody has to do it. 

By wglassfo - Jan. 10, 2019, 1:31 a.m.
Like Reply

Well Mojo

Let me tell you some thing

I also have some thankless dirty jobs

Well maybe not thank less because when the job is done everybody is happy

Such as unplugging a stuck john

I get the plunger, and finally if that doesn't work, I have a snake that is so filthy even though I wash it outside, I still don't want it in the house. I even clean it with a special wire brush

But: I don't moan and groan and go find somebody with the same problem so I can post on MF

I just buckle down and keep my peace

Everybody doesn't really want to hear me moan and complain every day about some of the disgusting jobs I have to do on the farm

Every had you arm up a cows back end to the elbow helping a calf or a sow with 10 still born piggies inside

Or when one of the cats brings a half eaten mouse into the office and some body has to pet the cat to make it feel good and then clean up the mess, even to scrubbing the floor.

Now that is disgusting dirty work

You don't even know the meaning of disgusting