Has anyone seen a plan for where the new Border Barrier would go ?
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Jan. 7, 2019, 6:32 a.m.

Does anyone know if such a plan even exists ?

Comments
By mcfarm - Jan. 7, 2019, 6:40 a.m.
Like Reply

if its Anti Trump just print it carl. Does not have to be true or even 1/2 true just keep repeating and you will feel better in the morning. If you have not noticed the wall is being built, right now. Wall, guards, fences, drones,etc going in everyday and this means there is a plan. Now if we could just identify the first 22 million or so that broke our laws and invaded our country.

By 7475 - Jan. 7, 2019, 7 a.m.
Like Reply

Well,Carl,I believe they are building it along the border.

Just messin' with you Carl.

I'd would be interested also in seeing the construction X-sections for the various locations and terrains.

Does it effectively penetrate the ground to prevent tunneling?

Is there wire topping the entire length?

John

I always read your posts - I think you are very fair and "adult" when presenting your views.

How might we coax our government custodians to behave more like that?

By cliff-e - Jan. 7, 2019, 7:47 a.m.
Like Reply

On a $10-$25 billion dollar project I'd think someone would know and could provide more details. If not then it's just another "make up the rules as we go" project that's greasing the palms of Don the Con's campaign donors.

http://www.concreteconstruction.net/producers/whos-going-to-build-trumps-border-wall_o

By carlberky - Jan. 7, 2019, 8:56 a.m.
Like Reply

"If you have not noticed the wall is being built, right now'

That's interesting, mc. Wonder what they are using for funding ?

By carlberky - Jan. 7, 2019, 9:30 a.m.
Like Reply

"if its Anti Trump just print it carl. Does not have to be true or even 1/2 true ..."

If I didn't, mc, what would we have to talk about ? 

By the way, did you really see a lie in my opening question ?

By wglassfo - Jan. 7, 2019, 11:54 a.m.
Like Reply

I have to think razor wire is relatively cheap in the larger scheme of building a  wall

I am no expert but I always wondered ??

Much more  liberal use of razor wire might be as cheap as any material. Put it along the bottom, piled high, and wide, both sides, if there is room on the Mexican side, which I think is most of the distance, plus the top as planned. Also use in places which don't lend to a normal wall.

Heck throw it down gullies and such so as to make a heck of a job getting thru

I know you can cut wire, but razor wire is dangerous stuff to mess with. WW11 taught the value of razor wire and the engineers had to almost blast thru the wire. A pair of wire cutters might work but one would think a daily visual would spot any breaks. Could you cut the wire in time to take people across the border, all in one nite?? Maybe, but just one more problem to deal with..

Have you ever cut a roll of wire and then see it tangle up in your hands?? Well, razor wire would be so much harder to deal with a person could get trapped in a pile of razor wire. If you cut, then the tension is released and then the razor wire snaps back, all around you. Sure would make life miserable for the coyotes that smuggle people across the border. If they try and make a route ahead of time then the visual inspection should help tremendously, to repair and foil the route.

Just some thoughts on how to build a wall doing the most with limited funds.

Maybe Tim could send an e-mal if he thinks this idea has any value.

Basic idea is to use loads and loads of wire, every where

By mcfarm - Jan. 7, 2019, 1:06 p.m.
Like Reply

razor wire? holy crap you must be crazy Wayne. Do you know you just triggered every left wing idiot from San Jose to liberal shores of Mass? Razor wire? Gee I can just hear them now....how cold...how cruel? how racist....how bigoted.....Razor wire....sounds just like the germans in ww II,,,how could you evil devil suggest such a thing? The children for God's sake, the children

By wglassfo - Jan. 7, 2019, 7:05 p.m.
Like Reply

I hear you mc

Cruel beyond belief

This is not the americian way 

But dang it, what about all the EBT cards that fail at the end of the month

The hungry children on your side of the border deserve better than an EBT card that fails

Already two stores report EBT doesn't work in their store

I think the number is 22 million at the end off month depending on EBT for food

Lock your pantry mc

I imagine you have a gun

People with guns will come looking for your food

Anarchy

Golly

Who would have thunk the consequences

By metmike - Jan. 7, 2019, 11:56 p.m.
Like Reply