reflections on 2018
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Dec. 31, 2018, 6:23 p.m.

The last few days, every TV station and new site has offered reflections on the events of 2018... some focused on the bad things that happened during Trump's watch, others focused on the positives. No need to do another one here

Just a few issues I didn't hear or see mentioned.....

there are a million people in the US living in their RVs. 

There are some 500,000 homeless people in the US, many of them children.... and many of them veterans.

13 million US households do not always have enough money to put food on the table.

We do need to put America first.... The open-border nuts want to flood the country with foreigners., give them free housing and free food, while our veterans sleep in the park and our US children are hungry. This is insanity... it's evil.

I do hope that Trump is able to reform our crazy immigration laws and make sure that the laws are actually enforced, and all illegals are deported, rather than given the catch-and-release treatment..

Comments
By 7475 - Dec. 31, 2018, 7 p.m.
Like Reply

It's so sad that "those" people (I'll leave it to the individual to judge if that is PC or not) can't recognize you have stated hard truths.

My niece recently enlightened me that her employer includes a photo of the employee on their company bio page.

I asked if she thought that would encourage bias. after all a picture would state fairly clearly race,gender,age,physical appearance etc---she kind of appeared dumbfounded and had no clue that I was mocking her and her family's liberal bias.

Just a bit of bias here on my part-a thought

John

By GunterK - Dec. 31, 2018, 9:07 p.m.
Like Reply

I should add this....

I just heard on the local news that in 2018, in Los Angeles, 1200 homeless people died... some of disease, some were murdered, some were children.

But this info is not worthwhile reporting in the MSM. What did make the national news is that 8-year-old kid from Guatemala, who died of the flu, after illegally crossing our borders with his mother and father. Several politicians traveled to the border, for a photo-op, declaring their resolve to be nicer to illegals. 

They don't care about American children..