Listening to Chuck Schumer on Border Security
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Dec. 29, 2018, 7:52 a.m.

Was listening to Chuck Schumer getting interviewed earlier this week. Of course, he's opposed to funding the wall, essentially debating with himself based on his earlier position(s).  He's all for improving border security,  but using other means, spending the money "more effectively"..

His concerns include drug traffic, cash and weapons.  All valid concerns,   but not once did he mention illegal immigration.  And the NBC interviewer never asked.  Seems a relative, pertinent question.

I guess they're not even pretending any more.

Comments
By mcfarm - Dec. 29, 2018, 10:17 a.m.
Like Reply

don't know anybody left or right that ever claimed schummer was bright....and he just re-enforced that thought

By frey_1999 - Dec. 29, 2018, 11:31 p.m.
Like Reply

At least he is not dumb enough to think building a wall is the only way or best way to secure the border.

By TimNew - Dec. 30, 2018, 7:39 a.m.
Like Reply

I realize you are somewhat of a one trick pony in this discussion,  but remember when illegal immigrants were an issue, even on the left.  There are literally hours of videos from Clinton through Obama where liberals were decrying the scourge of illegal immigration, the damage and cost, and how they were going to take dramatic steps to get it under control? As is so often the case with politicians, particularly on the left,  it was all lip service as nothing was really ever done.

At least they've given up the pretense of being opposed to illegal immigration. I mean,  it's a rich source of democrat votes, and that overrules all else including laws and the well being of legal citizens. How can they continue to do good work for the citizens if they don't get voted into office,  right?

By carlberky - Dec. 30, 2018, 8:29 a.m.
Like Reply

"At least they've given up the pretense of being opposed to illegal immigration. I mean,  it's a rich source of democrat votes"

Tim, that assumes massive illegal voting, and haven't we kicked that dead horse enough ?

By frey_1999 - Dec. 30, 2018, 8:32 a.m.
Like Reply

It's probably to much to  ask but any chance you could post this interview .

Also do tell how illegals are a source of votes for anybody.

Lastly do tell under which president and congress did illegal border crossing get reduced the most 

By TimNew - Dec. 30, 2018, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_8prZ69IbI

I was mistaken.  The interview was with Durbin,  not that it makes a huge difference.  Same message.

Recessions certainly will slow down the flow of people looking for work.  If you want to credit Obama with a sluggish economy,  I'll give you that. 

And I realize there is no way no how that illegals ever vote, even after watching a video of Obama encouraging them to do so.  There is just NO WAY!!! (Sticking fingers in ears and making Pee Wee Herman like noise)

By frey_1999 - Dec. 30, 2018, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

quite a stretch on durbin not mentioning illegals as he did mention them in the piece and how that he felt was the best way to control them.  but you need what you need

absolutely was for border security and also told you what would work better 

The economy was a chithole when Obama came into office and made far greater strides than anything trump did  PERIOD.  and by the time trump leaves obama's economy will look like a miracle.

and Again you failed miserably on the proof of illegals voting, but i do see where the Republicans got busted for Illegal votesby their side.   FUNNY HOW THAT WORKS 

By TimNew - Dec. 31, 2018, 7:07 a.m.
Like Reply

You don't really read or think about your stuff before you post, do you?

By frey_1999 - Dec. 31, 2018, 9:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Coming from a guy who didn't even know who said what. 

Laughable comes to mind

By TimNew - Dec. 31, 2018, 9:50 a.m.
Like Reply

Your figments are showing.  He Never said anything about illegal immigrants. 

And please, tell us what wondrous actions Obama to "Fix" the economy.  Virtually every action the "You didn't build that" president  took was anti-business. 

Ahhh never mind.  This is pointless.

By frey_1999 - Dec. 31, 2018, 11:01 a.m.
Like Reply