"The mother of all rallys"...
8 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Dec. 26, 2018, 6:19 p.m.

Been a while since we've seen single session 3-4+%  gains in equities.  I am assuming we'll give some of it back tomorrow.  This, like most recent moves in equities, was over done.

But hey,  3 more days like this and the year won't be a total loss  <G>

Comments
By pj - Dec. 26, 2018, 7:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Reminds me of the 2 10-11% gain days in the midst of the '08 meltdown.

By WxFollower - Dec. 26, 2018, 9:10 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you, Mr. President!

By silverspiker - Dec. 26, 2018, 11:01 p.m.
Like Reply

This is ... up butt with coconut

By TimNew - Dec. 26, 2018, 11:32 p.m.
Like Reply

"Reminds me of the 2 10-11% gain days in the midst of the '08 meltdown."

How so?

By wglassfo - Dec. 27, 2018, 1:41 a.m.
Like Reply

I would not rule out an end of yr rally

However, once the equity and bond folks get things evened up [of which I have zero understanding] except to say the bear market is alive and well

We all know nothing goes straight up or down. It is the trend that counts

Perhaps somebody is nimble enough to do swing trading but I feel more comfortable with trends

The trend is down

By carlberky - Dec. 27, 2018, 1:46 p.m.
Like Reply

I was told that predictions eventually come true. IMHO I expect a year end rally that will continue into next year
 and will halt at the resistance levels that were the previous support levels … probably around mid January.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/19832/#19858

By TimNew - Dec. 27, 2018, 3:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm predicting we'll see much higher process in stocks.  I've just given up on predicting when that will happen  :-)

By Lacey - Dec. 27, 2018, 9:04 p.m.
Like Reply

I agree Tim, we see higher prices but have given up on trying to time the moves.  It didn't seem like a top to me, not enough overwhelming conviction of higher prices to come.  If Trump continues with his agenda, the deficit will begin to roll over and trend down.  There is a lag before that happens.  If it happens, the pressure on the bond market will ease somewhat.  Interest rates will continue to rise, but at a more manageable pace.