Kudos To Trump
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Dec. 19, 2018, 7:12 p.m.

The grossly unfair prison laws written in the 1980s and 90s are being rolled back.  The laws were written by for profit prison businesses and rubber stamped by the GOP.  Incarceration soared.  3 strikes your out laws resulted in cruel prison sentences.  A man guilty of 3 robberies, no weapons or any violence, sentenced to 50 years to life without early parole.  The last crime was for stealing 40$ out of a register.  50 years!  The main beneficiaries will be non violent offenders.

As with other Trump accomplishments the lion share of the credit goes to McConnell.  Judges and tax cuts for the wealthy.  Nothing happens without his giving the go ahead.  But he gave the green light and Trump, to his credit, is going to sign this bill.

GOP was against it under Obama but now that Trump is president, well, why not.

Good for Trump!  That makes 2 things he has done that I applaud.  Can any of you Obama haters say the same?

Comments
By metmike - Dec. 19, 2018, 8:02 p.m.
Like Reply

Good for you joj!

And good on Trump and good for the Americans who have suffered unfair justice for numerous decades because of race, lack of finances for legal support or other elements that have discriminated against them. 

By TimNew - Dec. 20, 2018, 3:38 a.m.
Like Reply

Yes,  crime rates in just about every category are dropping because there are just too many people in prison.   We really need to fix that.

By joj - Dec. 20, 2018, 7:09 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

I'm a little offended at your Trump bashing.   ;-)

By TimNew - Dec. 20, 2018, 7:27 a.m.
Like Reply

I don't support or oppose people,  I support or oppose ideas.  This is a bad one.