for mojo...why would anyone plead guilty
1 response | 0 likes
Started by mcfarm - Dec. 18, 2018, 10:49 a.m.
Comments
By wglassfo - Dec. 18, 2018, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

I can add my own personal experience albeit, no where close to what General Flynn and others experience

1st of all you have to understand. No prosecutor wants to lose a trial in court. They relish their personal scoreboard of victories and promotion is generally based on victories vs loses.. This leads to personal interest and should be considered a conflict of interest in my book. For Mueller I think it is more of a personal goal than anything.

Lost is the idea of the blind lady handing down justice on an even scale of one vs another

I was involved in an accident at the Windsor Tunnel exit when I drove a truck. A small car saw an opening I had left on my side as I had to make a wide swing to clear the side walk , light pole and any pedestrians

The lady driver of a small car, seeing an opening to get to the head of the line at the stop light, shot into the opening. Bad things happened as she drove into my blind spot, plus I had a lot to watch in tight quarters. The upshot was she had her car crushed as the gap narrowed to one lane, and my back tire simply drove over her low slung hood. What a mess although nobody was hurt, but traffic was also a mess.

The officer was none to pleasant, but I knew I had done nothing wrong as I had possession of the lane 1st. You can't win an argument with a police officer, once they make a decision, so I stayed silent.. I was charged in the accident. Most people would simply plead guilty and carry on with their life. I immediately decided I did not want to risk my licience in a possible future accident and my insurance for truck, trailer and contents was sure to be a huge increase. This is something you prepare for mentally, when you drive a truck that is the basis of your livlihood.

I traveled 70 miles and visited the prosecutor by appointment, and laid out my side of the story. I was also fortunate to have the presence of mind to quickly take names, addresses, telephone #, at the scene of the accident of witnesses at the scene. All agreed I was not the cause of the accident as they were from the area and had seen numerous trucks do exactly what I did due to City of Windsor not having proper exit facilities for large trucks. The witness part weakened the prosecutors case considerably, plus the fact I had no qualms about a trial by judge in court. Now the ball was in his court. Did he want to take a chance at trial

I presented my case to the prosecutor knowing no prosecutor wants to go into court with a weak hand. I told him my case was strong enough to not need a lawyer as I had previous court appearances in civil law court experience chasing bad guys who did not want to pay their bills.

He said he needed a week to think about the situation. I had to take another day off work and drive to Windsor. The prosecutor told me he was dropping all charges

Now if that had been a 1000 miles or more from home, would I have done the same. Probably not, unless I had to make a personal appearance in court

I had a civil law suit handed to me for 2000.00 dollars which I successfully fought and won. With out making a longer story people had bench warrants issued for aresst in that situation in the city of Detroit. Bail was posted and the whole nine yards but no bail issued against me.

The thing is, most people are terrified of the court system and prosecutors play on that vision of what might happen.

People plead guilty every day of the week, simply because it is the easiest way out of a situation. 

I have pleaded guilty to a traffic offense simply because I am in Florida and coming back to court in Detroit is most inconvenient, so I pay the bill.

I don't know what I would do if I was General Flynn