0 for 932
1 response | 1 like
Started by joj - Dec. 1, 2018, 8:46 p.m.

And the Jeopardy answer is...

What is my success rate of persuading strangers on the internet to see my point of view?

Comments
Re: 0 for 932
0 likes
By metmike - Dec. 1, 2018, 9:45 p.m.
Like Reply

joj,

That may be yours but I have a slightly better conversion rate for climate change.

One noted person converted was our esteemed, MarketForum founder, Alex.

Kate told me that the only thing that they ever disagreed on was climate change.............AFTER he read my posts on climate change and she hadn't.

You may remember that he created a special section in the Library called "Climate talk" that contained all my posts responding to others here that were sold on catastrophic, man made climate change. 

Fortunately, scientific data is scientific data and not a political opinion.

You can't make up historical or yearly tornado/hurricane data that comes directly from the Severe Storm Forecasting or Hurricane Centers.

Or thousands of scientific studies on the affects of CO2 on plants from the Center for the Study of CO2 and global change or satellite studies from NASA that show the earth greening or the huge disparity of global climate models plotted against observed global temperatures from the actual data.

Lots of people choose to not believe the actual data but some people, because it was never shown to them before and have some critical and objective thinking, have an epiphany of sorts.