is Pres Trump a racist?
18 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - Nov. 21, 2018, 8:42 p.m.

This writer addresses this issue

https://www.creators.com/read/larry-elder/11/18/if-trump-is-racist-he-needs-to-go-back-to-racism-school

I personally have quite a few complaints about Pres Trump, but I never felt he was a racist.

However, as Joseph Goebels (Hitler's minister of propaganda) said "if you repeat a lie often enough, they will consider it the truth" ... or something like that.

The MSM's mouthpiece on this forum, our friend mojo, is certainly reminding us of such things on a daily basis.

Interesting also, how Trump's comment "I am a nationalist" was changed by the media into "I am a white nationalist", which has a totally different meaning. But that's not the subject of this post

Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 21, 2018, 9:08 p.m.
Like Reply

as has been stated here many times....if trump who got more blacks more jobs and got more blacks off of welfare is a racist what in the world was the previous president who happened to call himself black?

By joj - Nov. 21, 2018, 9:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"Mexicans coming here are murders and rapists."

By TimNew - Nov. 22, 2018, 6:04 a.m.
Like Reply

Another great example of the inner workings of the liberal mind.

1st, the actual quote, which was a small part of a larger speech.

"Mexico Not Sending Us Their Best; Criminals, Drug Dealers And Rapists Are Crossing Border". Forget the fact that he went on to say that it's not all of them.  A liberal reads this as ..  Trump said all Mexicans are murderers and rapists. And that makes him racist.

But the fact is,  liberals have redefined racism.  It now means..  any time a white conservative male, or in some special cases, a white conservative female criticizes one of the officially protected minorities. So I guess, conservative and white is the key here.

For example,  Hillary can say "They all look alike", and the worst possible outcome will be a little nervous laughter. Had a white conservative said this, it would have gotten 24/7 coverage for months, fading a bit over time but still mentioned occasionally for years, and very likely resulted in riots were the perp prominent enough.

So, using this "logic"... 

Trump referring to "murderers and rapists" as murderers and rapists is "racist"

Trump referring to "hellhole countries" as hellholes is racist.

You don't have to use a blanket statement applied to all members of a given race to be racist.  That's what racism used to mean.  

So,  if you ban or limit immigration from a few countries that are deemed, through objective measure, to  be high risk, countries that were actually identified by a previous admin as high risk, and these countries are predominantly Muslim,  even though it represents a small percentage of the worldwide Muslim population, you have created a "Muslim Ban". And that's racist    

So,  by the new Orwellian definition, Trump is certainly racist.  But of course, that word no longer has any real meaning.

By mojo - Nov. 22, 2018, 6:49 a.m.
Like Reply

"Is Pres Trump a racist?"

Does a wild bear crap in the woods?

By TimNew - Nov. 22, 2018, 7:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Using your definition of racism,  I absolutely agree with you.  Of course, as I said, the word no longer has meaning.

By mojo - Nov. 22, 2018, 7:53 a.m.
Like Reply

The Rump has a long history racism. This is not just an opinion, it's documented fact. Facts are really inconvenient little buggers, aren't they.

https://www.vox.com/2016/7/25/12270880/donald-trump-racism-history

By TimNew - Nov. 22, 2018, 8:12 a.m.
Like Reply

I love these poorly written diatribes you use to support your hopelessly flawed thinking :-)

The opening paragraph has already been debunked often and thouroughly for the obvious reasons.  (see above post for another example)

"On the campaign trail, Trump repeatedly made explicitly racist and otherwise bigoted remarks — from calling Mexican immigrants criminals and rapists to proposing a ban on all Muslims entering the US"

But the following is my favorite all time "Trump is a racist" nonsense.

If you are familiar with the case, you know that Trump was opposed to opening his rental properties to section 8 housing. Anyone who has been involved in real estate, particularly rental properties knows that section 8 occupants are notoriously bad tenants.  They do not care for the property and maintenance costs skyrocket.  The really hilarious part is that minorities make up a relatively small percentage of section 8 housing, but the racists who subscribe to this claim that Trump was discriminating are clearly saying "We all know that all section 8 occupants are Negroes!!!"

"Trump said the federal government was trying to get him to rent to welfare recipients. In the aftermath, he signed an agreement in 1975 agreeing not to discriminate to renters of color without admitting to discriminating before."

By mojo - Nov. 22, 2018, 8:39 a.m.
Like Reply

Plausible deniability at best & outright lies at worst.

The man who managed Rumps apartments back in the 70's has stated that they had a secret letter code that would be attached to the applications of all prospective black tenants. With that letter attached to their applications they had no chance of renting an apartment.

Only in the warped mind of a right wing kook would that not be considered proof of racism & discrimination. 

By TimNew - Nov. 22, 2018, 10:34 a.m.
Like Reply

And of course, the word of a disgruntled former employee should be taken as gospel..  As long as you really really want to believe them.

By metmike - Nov. 22, 2018, 12:58 p.m.
Like Reply

"The man who managed Rumps apartments back in the 70's has stated"

"Only in the warped mind of a right wing kook would that not be considered proof of racism & discrimination."

You  might want to read that over a few times and pretend that somebody made a statement about something that  Obama did from 40 years ago....or, actually about something that anybody did 4 decades ago for that matter and see if it still makes sense to accuse anybody that does not consider that proof as having a warped mind. 

From an objective point of view, it seems that considering a statement from a person 4 decades ago about another person, as proof of the other person being a racist seems warped and kooky. 

If that's what we used as solid proof for evidence of things in society, half the population would  be locked up in prison and all it would take, is somebody stating "In the 1970's, I saw John Doe..........

However............I realize that  this is part of the new standard that has been set for using information with regards to President Trump. 

Not for the other 300,000,000+ people in the US.........just for Donald Trump.

Seriously, you know that this is true. 

By JP - Nov. 22, 2018, 1:57 p.m.
Like Reply

"Seriously, you know that this is true." 

Forget it Mike. It's Mojo.

By GunterK - Nov. 22, 2018, 2:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Since I started this thread, please allow me to make one more comment.....

joj entered a point to show that Trump is a racist. He quoted Trump as saying that Mexicans coming (illegally) across the borders are rapists and murderers.

TimNew responded by pointing out that this sentence was taken out of context. Trump had continued his statement by making it clear that he is not calling all Mexicans 'rapists and murderers", only some of them. 

TimNew continued his argument by mentioning the "Muslim Ban". This issue was a clear cut case of misrepresentation, if not malicious lying. The travel ban affected only countries with heavy concentration of ISIS-type terrorists. People from the many other Muslim countries had no problem travelling to the US

mojo then responds by posting a link which repeated (among others) the exact same 2 claims which were already demonstrated by TimNew to be misrepresentations/lies

I am asking myself.... what is the point in debating....?. I couldn't help but think of Hitler's minister of propaganda who said that when you tell the people the same lie over and over again, eventually it will become the truth to them. We are seeing this very same strategy being used, right here in this simple small thread. 

By JP - Nov. 22, 2018, 5:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"I couldn't help but think of Hitler's minister of propaganda who said that when you tell the people the same lie over and over again, eventually it will become the truth to them. We are seeing this very same strategy being used, right here in this simple small thread."

Forget it, Gunter. It's Mojo. 

By frey_1999 - Nov. 22, 2018, 10:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Well the admitted racist sure think he is  ONE  

And they know whatat a racist is

By cfdr - Nov. 23, 2018, 8:36 a.m.
Like Reply

Forget it, Gunter. It's Mojo.

I would make a small correction.

Forget it, Gunter.  It's mojo and frey.

By silverspiker - Nov. 23, 2018, 11:55 a.m.
Like Reply

By silverspiker - Nov. 23, 2018, 12:26 p.m.
Like Reply

At best
0 likes
By frey_1999 - Nov. 23, 2018, 12:28 p.m.
Like Reply

That's a wenny response from the TT's