George Conway
24 responses | 0 likes
Started by cliff-e - Nov. 17, 2018, 8:18 p.m.
Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 17, 2018, 8:52 p.m.
Like Reply

but if joj claims it is all a joke does it go away?

By metmike - Nov. 17, 2018, 9:33 p.m.
Like Reply

From CNN:

"Kellyanne Conway's husband calls Trump administration 'a s***show in a dumpster fire'"

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/16/politics/george-conway-podcast-kellyanne-doesnt-like-criticism/index.html

From NPR:

"'Mr. Kellyanne Conway' Dishes On President Trump"

From USA Today:

Kellyanne Conway's husband: Trump administration is a 'dumpster fire'

From the Washington Post:

"George Conway would rather ‘move to Australia’ than vote for Trump again"

Some of Conway's actual  statements were:

"Conway admitted that he didn't know if he would support Trump in the election if given a chance to do it again."

"My view was he was the lesser evil," he said. "I don't know. If faced with the choice again, I'd probably move to Australia." ............He was joking and they made it their serious headline (-:

Has anybody noticed that, what used to be considered quality news organizations have turned into tabloid news outfits today when it comes to anything Trump.  They act like this is a soap opera/reality show which features very lame versions of news that don't contribute anything worthwhile..........just giving attention to anybody or anything that runs down Trump.....because they hate Trump.

Oh yeah, it increases ratings and sells newspapers.

OMG, the husband of President Trump's counselor said a bunch of bad things about Trump..........we have to make this our top story!

30 years ago, would this have been front page news? Regardless of what party was at the top? Would it have even been news?

By frey_1999 - Nov. 17, 2018, 11:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Not sure about 30 years ago. But one only needs to go back to the Obama administration to remember how the crazed fox news and the rest of those right wing press kept pushing the false birther story in an effort to claim Obama should be impeached and removed from office.

By joj - Nov. 18, 2018, 6:49 a.m.
Like Reply

The reality show didn't start with CNN and their coverage of Trump.  It started with Trump.

By metmike - Nov. 18, 2018, 7:14 a.m.
Like Reply

Comparing this to the birther story, would be like,.....during the record Midwest flooding in 1993, saying 'don't you remember 4 years ago? It rained during that Summer too!"

By metmike - Nov. 18, 2018, 7:30 a.m.
Like Reply

ButTrump hasn't changed since he was on his tv show or before then.

My point was that most of the media has completely changed how it covers the news and what it now considers news. The media has decided that it needs to lower its standards to replace quality news with tabloid/soap opera news. 

Everybody on one side keeps saying that Trump is making  them do it. 

The position is........we hate trumps guts and we can't control our hatred for him. His actions justify our hatred for him and our desire to destroy him and block everything that he stands for.

We are going to hold him accountable for everything he says and does but we can't be held accountable for anything we say or do because Trump is controlling us and causing us to be this way.

By TimNew - Nov. 18, 2018, 8:12 a.m.
Like Reply

"We are going to hold him accountable for everything he says and does but we can't be held accountable for anything we say or do because Trump is controlling us and causing us to be this way." 

In other words..  But Moooooommmmmmm,  He started it!!!!

Adulthood is slipping away as a requirement for relevance.

By mojo - Nov. 18, 2018, 8:46 a.m.
Like Reply

Kellyanne Conway sees her husband’s anti-Trump statements as a violation of their marriage

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/11/kellyanne-conway-sees-her-husbands-anti-trump-statements-as-a-violation-of-their-marriage-interviewer/

By carlberky - Nov. 18, 2018, 9:08 a.m.
Like Reply

Look what Women's Lib has done to Kellyanne. In the wedding vows, men love, honor and cherish while the women love, honor and obey

By cfdr - Nov. 18, 2018, 9:18 a.m.
Like Reply

I do enjoy your take on some things, Carl.  Thanks for the laugh.

By frey_1999 - Nov. 18, 2018, 9:21 a.m.
Like Reply

Funny how that works, if it disproves your theory than it's  not relevant.  The bigest difference is that the birther story was proven to be false and still the right wingnut news pushers along with trump kept pushing it as fact . 

The main difference now is that virtually every  morning  trump tweets  a new falsehood or out right lie about one function or another within this country or our allies.  All the while trying to make himself look better than he really is. So when you do that yes it is the Media's  job to call you out fir our lies. It's no different  than it has been since Watergate.  The difference is this a$$clown gets up at 4 am every day and adds another lie or demonsterituve falsehood  to the list that the press needs to expose.  Its  pretty simple trump quits lying and the media runs out of material about his lying .

But since trump is trump he will keep on lying  and then it the Media's job to call him on the lies. 

By metmike - Nov. 18, 2018, 5:05 p.m.
Like Reply

The inability to recognize reality Frey.

This top news story has zero to do with the media calling out Trump on one of his lies. I would not have made my comment if it did.

This top news story had zero to do with a tweet of Trumps.

It was entirely about somebody having a new bad opinion about Trump and that person is the husband of a key person that works forPresident Trump.

Somebody's bad opinion about Trump, with no specific NEW reasons that relate to substantive policy issues is headline news today.........from numerous major media outlets.

Just be honest instead of trying to defend it. We all know that  it is happening in a profound way.

Honest people with any critical thinking can either say it's unfair treatment or that it's his own fault.........but bringing up the birther thing here is silly.

By metmike - Nov. 18, 2018, 5:15 p.m.
Like Reply

Carl,

I never thought about that before.

My wife and I always laugh when the word cherish comes up. During our wedding vows, I mispronounced cherish, saying it like "sherish"   And she went from being nervous to cracking up/laughing hard. 

The last wedding we just went to had completely different vows, stating numerous times that both were equal to each other in every way.

By frey_1999 - Nov. 18, 2018, 6:46 p.m.
Like Reply

The Media's  reporting that the spouse of a top adviser to the president of the US believes that the White House is a sh#show and a dumperster fire is not news worthy. And it proves this president  is treated unfairly.

Do you truly believe that if Valerie Jarrett or David Axelrod's  spouses  called the Obams WH a dumpster fire that it would not have been headline Material?

I won't  be as rude as you a tell you  that your not dealing or living in reality. 

But yes that is headline news

By mcfarm - Nov. 18, 2018, 7:07 p.m.
Like Reply

I really believe after all the Obama mistakes if jarret or axelrod had called his WH a dumpster fire......well they would of been accurate...an now that facts have proven the Obama administration used the doj, fbi and cia to try to derail Trump both before and after the election it only proves the case

By frey_1999 - Nov. 18, 2018, 7:26 p.m.
Like Reply

Please show your so called facts that prove your dreams

By metmike - Nov. 18, 2018, 7:58 p.m.
Like Reply

Apologies for being rude Frey. Guess I was pretty blunt. 

No hard feelings intended!

By mcfarm - Nov. 18, 2018, 7:59 p.m.
Like Reply

I would have to write a book and you know it...suffice it to say the fake dossier, the illegal use of the fisa courts alone would more than do

By frey_1999 - Nov. 18, 2018, 8:48 p.m.
Like Reply

Obama had nothing to do with the so called dossier, and the fact that it was ordered by a Republican in an attempt to get yo trump in the primary's  should have been an easy clue. As for the FISA warrant nothing illegal about it just a drunken aid of trumps acting like trump and bragging in an attempt to make himself look more important than he is.

So again some proof 

By frey_1999 - Nov. 18, 2018, 9:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I would like to know to you think that if those from the Obams administration  would have had their spouses make the statement it would not have been news

By cfdr - Nov. 19, 2018, 11:43 a.m.
Like Reply

Frey:

Obama had nothing to do with the so called dossier

This is what the Democrats are terrified of, because it was Obama's DOJ that was involved.  Nellie Ohr invoked "spousal privilege" when testifying to Congress.  Her husband, in the DOJ, was up to his eyeballs in this.

Just ask, if Obama was not involved, why the texts between the two FBI lovebirds clearly stated that Obama wanted to be kept informed about everything that was happening.

the fact that it was ordered by a Republican in an attempt to get yo trump in the primary's  should have been an easy clue

The Steele dossier did not begin to be put together until after it was commissioned by Hillary Clinton and the DNC  in June of 2016. Fusion GPS was simply doing opposition research on behalf of a Trump opponent (stopped April 2016).

There was a tremendous amount of ink and air time trying to obfuscate this by MSM, like the NYT, WaPo, MSNBC, CNN, etc.  A tremendous amount of effort was made.  The fact remains, however, that there would have been no "Steele Dossier" if not for the Clinton Campaign and the DNC.

As for the FISA warrant nothing illegal about it

Then why the tremendous amount of resistance to looking into what was presented to the FISA Court to gain that warrant?  Use a little common sense, frey!  If you really are involved in markets (which I strongly doubt), we all know that you cannot listen to what they say - you must watch what they do!

drunken aid of trumps acting like trump and bragging in an attempt to make himself look more important than he is.

Again, frey, use a little common sense!

By frey_1999 - Nov. 19, 2018, 10:48 p.m.
Like Reply

You have stated a lot of opinions non of them factual and most bordering on or fully lies.

Fusion goes was hired on October 2015 by a Republican president hopeful to but the dossier  together.

Obama  was interested and inquired about Rusdian collusion not about the dossier.  This lie has been promoted by trump and the lackey media outlets. 

FISA warrants - there is not resistance to allowing viewing by persons on the intelligence  committee's  the resistance is to making the info public because of the threat to asset's  that could be exposed.

Your statement telling me to use a little common sense proves your whole post is opunion long and fact short.

I understand that facts will not change your opinion. 

But the facts are the facts 

By TimNew - Nov. 20, 2018, 3:41 a.m.
Like Reply

You standards for evidence appear to be quite different for Obama et.al. than they are for Trump et.al.  Granted,  we are all guilty or allowing our biases to color our perceptions..   But you sir,  raise it to a whole new level.

By cfdr - Nov. 20, 2018, 9:24 a.m.
Like Reply

Good answer, Tim.  I was going to answer frey's post line by line, but you correctly pointed out that his mind is not capable of comprehension.  

It's like Sy Hersh said - it's the most unreported story in the history of the country.

Now, I realize that youngsters most likely have no idea who Sy Hersh is, so even typing this is not going to make a dent in the willful blindness of people like frey.

It was David Mamet who had the famous saying:

‘in order for democrats, liberals, progressives et al to continue their illogical belief systems they have to pretend not to know a lot of things’