Palace Coup
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 20, 2018, 3:40 p.m.

Our country has been accused, by some, of having a weak leader. So far I have seen no sign of caving in to "might is right" although today is not over and we will know more some time later today. I don't have to defend my leader to defend my country

But:

Heaven help us if in Canada we should have a palace coup such as is happening this very day, yesterday and very likely tomorrow.  { I know, never say never]

But: A leader of the strongest country on this planet has papers stolen off his desk, an assistant DOJ that is openly defying his orders, [is slow walking an act of defiance??] and acting as if he is the DOJ,  The leaders of the opposition have openly signed a letter of treason. My gosh what did I miss. Oh yes the highest ranking DOJ official [Jeff Sessions} who refuses to enforce the law of the land and selects the laws he decides to enforce. Is this a 3rd world country where the opposition says and does things, any sane person would consider treason by the elected gov't??My understanding is the people who signed the letter, did not even bring it to the floor where immunity from statements or signed letters are protected. No they made it a part of the public domain.

If your president can not get a grip on his own administration, people that he personally put into power, but are openly defying his power as commander-in -chief, what in the world is happening.??? Why does he not act, given the powers granted to the president, when treason such as this, and other possible acts of treason, are in need of a grand jury.??. So he ordered the papers released. And a signed letter to the Justice Dept. just happened to appear, asking officials to ignore the order. Is this signed letter, in the public domain, not treason??? Asking/telling others to disobey a direct order from the commander-in-chief??? I don't care what the end game might be. It is too early to know. It is the open letter that is an act of treason. Read it and see who signed it. Tell me why it is not treason.

Talk about being a weak leader. Your commander-in-chief has to exert command, authority and not allow a palace coup to take place. In fact I would submit that a palace coup is happening and your commander-in-chief has totally lost the ability to enforce his duty to protect the country from enemies within his own realm of influence or administration.. Do you think the FBI, DOJ and people within these and other agencies have  done their proper duty??

Your president is not doing his duty to protect the country when certain people defy him in public and suffer no punishment, for an act of treason. Might I add that "several" acts of treason might have already happened. Where is the grand Jury to decide if treason has happened???. Where is your leader. Who is being held accountable and punished. Is Mueller is the only person handing out punishment???. Is this not a sure sign of a weak leader. Has he taken control and appointed prosecutors, of those who maybe, should suffer punishment??

Some say he has had an anvil around his neck. What a weak president you have when he allows such treasonous acts and has done nothing to punish said people. He needs to act and do something about this anvil. Congress has repeatedly asked Trump to act. Congress can investigate and advise. They can not prosecute. The world has already seen enough to pass judgement on the small amount, if any,  control Trump has within his own administration. This reflects badly on the world stage. Other countries see this palace coup and make decisions on what they see. This is not one small incident. This is huge.

I really and honestly did not think I would ever see this

I do hope the damage can be repaired in some manner.

I am still a Trump supporter but some of the things I see certainly don't jive with what I had thought. I am sure I will hear the same old, same old, but an open palace coup, with a signed letter, of treason, is beyond belief. I have tried to refrain from your domestic affairs. But when some say our leader is weak,  I have to ask you to look at what we see from the outside. I am sure some will disagree. This is to be expected. I am just pointing out some of the stuff we see as a place coup.

Disobeying a direct order from the commander-in-chief is treason??? right?? A signed letter, from leaders in congress telling certain individuals to disobey a direct order is treason.   right??? This is not investigate and advise, this is treason.???  right??

Tell me where I am wrong

I have been wrong many times

Comments
Re: Palace Coup
0 likes
By mcfarm - Sept. 20, 2018, 4:05 p.m.
Like Reply

slow down wayne. we still have this very special document called the constitution and enough conservatives to enforce it. Yes its very sad to  see the deep state get so entranced they think they are elites who run this country. Wrong, they forget who they work for. Even sadder to the once proud dem party be taken over by such a bunch of progressives but here we are. Stopped they will be and this Kavanaugh mess is just one example of how this will blow back on the fools

0 likes
By cfdr - Sept. 20, 2018, 5:39 p.m.
Like Reply

Wayne,  you are so uninformed, I really don't know where to start - or if it is even worth trying.

As for a "weak" president - I guess you can call it that.  It is not due to anything Donald Trump is - it is due to what is referred to as the "Deep State."  I have always said that the only people who hate Trump more than the Democrats are the establishment Republicans.  Sure, he could fire Sessions, but in all probability he could not get anyone confirmed to replace him.  Plus, there is nothing many people in DC would like better than to impeach him - and firing Rosenstein or Mueller could very well be the trigger for that.  Trump is smart enough to know that he has to live in the real world.  Plus, he has only been in office for less than two years - and he has been very busy.

Note that Trump just said that, if he could shine light on the problems in the justice department and intelligence agencies, it would be one of the crowning achievements of his administration.  Yes, we have a serious problem down here.  It is called the "Deep State."

You have a problem up there too, don't you?  According to some Canadian analysts, Trudeau appears to be putting politics ahead of the economic well being of Canada.  One of the things Trudeau said that he would not give up is control of the media up there - you have your own "Deep State."  I listened to radio when in BC for three months this summer.  You do not get any real news up there, and Trudeau likes it that way.  It appears that he is willing to throw away the auto industry to save that.  You may have to live with the results of this for a long, long time - and I don't think many people have thought this through - probably because the media IS so controlled up there.  my guess is that when you do find out what the ramifications are, you will go through a similar struggle up there as we are down here.  You are too dependent on the US - with no good alternatives.

Too much to say here - but i'm not in the mood.

0 likes
By cfdr - Sept. 20, 2018, 5:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Just to summarize - Wayne, when Trudeau and Freeland are finished, it looks like you will have a recession.  A recession because the US is seeing such a strong economy.  When the US slips into the inevitable cyclic recession, you will have a depression.

At that time, assuming control is maintained over your media, you will not even be told why.

0 likes
By cfdr - Sept. 20, 2018, 6:08 p.m.
Like Reply

https://tinyurl.com/y8w3zk7j

Just ran across this article relevant to this discussion.  Nothing is simple like you assume, Wayne.  It is a complex system.

By metmike - Sept. 20, 2018, 10:11 p.m.
Like Reply

I think you guys are underestimating the power of the deep state and the major  media.  Entities  like CNN and the NY Times have discarded any semblance of objectively in their focus to destroy Donald Trump. Those are just 2 of the more blatant ones:

"Donald Trump must be destroyed"

By Sean Kennedy

Updated 3:44 PM ET, Fri January 8, 2016

https://www.cnn.com/2016/01/07/opinions/kennedy-donald-trump/index.html

One side keeps thinking that the reality of a booming economy and president trying to fulfill his campaign promises will eventually result in people waking up. 

It really doesn't matter. Because of freedom of the press, there is no governing entity that holds the media accountable for how they cover and spin the news.

Record smashing economy?  Obama gets credit or its going to overheat and cause inflation or tax cuts will increase the debt. All the good news is spun so that Trump gets no credit or flipped with a bad news interpretation. 

If the best economy in many decades can't get him a break, nothing will. 

Most world leaders want him gone. For instance, if not for Trump, the fraudulent climate accord would be sucking tens of billions from taxpayers to fund an agreement that would do zero for the climate and everything for many dozens of countries that would get our money. Making America great again is against the best interest of almost every other country in the world. 

Obama was for doing things that allowed the US to bend over backwards to make the world great. I have no doubt he was sincere. Trump is taking some of that stuff away in renegotiating better deals for the US. What country, other than the US should cheer for that?

But here in the US, where he should be getting the most cheering for some of his policies that are truly designed to benefit the US, half the people cheer..........against him. Many would like to see his policies fail and hurt the US so it hurts Trump. Sad but true.

Most in the powerful media want him gone. The article from CNN is just an example. They broadcast round the clock Trump bashing like the tabloid news operation that they are now.

All the Democrats want him gone. No need to provide examples.

The deep state wants him gone, which includes the intelligence community which has gotten a black eye with sad sacks like James Comey running up against Trump.

Some republicans want him gone. The ones in this party that go against him, like John McCain, who broke his campaigning promise of stopping Obama Care, so he could stop Trump..........go from the enemy(when he ran for president in 2008 and even referred to as Hitler back then) to being great hero's. 

All these groups have one thing in common.............an objective of stopping Trump. 

One side insists that he was elected using our democratic rules with his majority of electoral votes. Instead of acknowledging this, those that want him gone continue to insist that Trump colluded with Russia and this interference is what really caused him to win and Clinton to lose. 

There is an investigation into this in case you haven't heard. 

By metmike - Sept. 20, 2018, 10:41 p.m.
Like Reply

These are the groups against Trump.

1. The world

2. The media

3. Democrats

4. The deep state, including the intelligence community 

5. Some republicans

Who is for Trump

1. The same group of mostly republicans that have always been for him.

This "for Trump" group has not expanded. The verocity of the attacks against him has increased, which is fueling the hatred of those against him. 

It's well known that negative political ads can be pretty effective at destroying your opponent ahead of an election.........or else millions would not be spent on them. Hillary Clinton lost the election, partly  because so many democrats were turned off by  her corruption and lack of ethics(we are supposed to believe that Russia telling us about her is what caused her to lose)

The media has been effectively applying this negativity principle with respect to Donald Trump coverage for 2 years. 

It's working extremely well. Trump gives them plenty of fuel with his personality flaws and big mouth. That's the most important part of the ballgame. This is not a battle over what's good for America or what policies he represents. 

Only those that support him care about those things. The rest of the planet that has strong feelings on Trump, want to block everything he represents........until they can get rid of him.

By Lacey - Sept. 21, 2018, 9:57 p.m.
Like Reply

He threatens the status quo.  But look at where we were headed, and how much we have already declined. This is really for your grandchildren.  Finally somebody shouting out the window,"I'M not going to take it anymore", digging in his heels and attempting to "MAGA".  God bless him and I am not a religious person. Without any support whatsoever.  I agree with Wayne, treason out in the open, where are the military tribunals?.  Hopefully this is all part of his master plan to carefully take down the deep state without getting killed.  Trump is a smart guy.  I think things will change after the midterms.  What an ace in the hole with North Korea.