Military Spending
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Sept. 19, 2018, 8:28 p.m.

So Canada is going to increase military spending by 73% over the next 10 yrs. I suppose new equipment takes time 

I am also told the USA will also increase military spending [I have no idea by how much]

Forgetting 9/11 the USA now supports Al Quada in Syria A Russian jet got shot down this week over Syria. Now Russia has the perfect excuse for a no fly zone and updated missiles in Syria such as S-300   [I think}

Don't you think if we just stopped poking the bear, why do we need such military expenditures?? Why do we need to be the aggressor?? Meddling in other nation's elections has beeen acceptable for yrs gone past, but by golly, they need not meddle in ours

So: 

Who exactly is going to attack us???

Do we watch too many movies???

Comments
By GunterK - Sept. 19, 2018, 10:36 p.m.
Like Reply

"Government of the People, by the People, for the People"

That’s how it’s supposed to be. But it is not reality.

Sure, the People elect the president, the Senate and Congress,….but those only “govern” minor issues. The big policies are defined by shadowy entities in the background. Some call it the Deep State, which includes the military industrial complex, the intelligence community, and maybe other entities I don’t know.

The Founding Fathers did not plan it that way, and Pres Eisenhower warned us about them.

The military industrial complex and the intelligence community need an “enemy” to justify their existence and their huge budget requests. When the Cold War ended, they faced life without a serious threat, and a diminished importance.

They need an enemy!!! A real enemy! If such an enemy does not exist, they will do their best to create one. Under the title “the shooting down of a Russian plane” you will find a link that addresses a recent incident and it’s connection to this idea.

I had hoped that Pres Trump would establish more normalized relations with Russia, but you saw how they tried to stop him from meeting Putin, and you saw the aftermath.

If Hillary Clinton had won the election, we would most likely already be involved in a nuclear war, according the comments she made before the election. I don't know, if Pres Trump can avoid being dictated by the Deep State.

Ironically, the Extreme Left wants totally open borders….no ICE, no border patrols…. Just come in, whoever you are.. In this case, we would not need a military at all. If any country wanted to “invade” the US, they would not have to resort to military offense…. They could just come and take over. So simple.

We would save trillions of dollars by doing so… no military… no intelligence community…and, of course, no more USA

By mcfarm - Sept. 20, 2018, 10:51 a.m.
Like Reply

poking the bear? Hardly. More like the silly man who believed the rattlesnake meant no harm and picked the damn thing up, Next thing ya know some one will come on here and ask why in the world Israel needs to defend herself