Mueller Report ...
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Aug. 31, 2018, 11:41 a.m.

The closer we get to the mid-terms, IMHO, the more unlike the report will be released, out of  fear of influencing the election.

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 31, 2018, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

ok then lets get it out there....like months ago....oh yeah, forgot to interview the people right smack dap in the middle of this deep state mess

By TimNew - Aug. 31, 2018, 11:44 a.m.
Like Reply

But what if the intent has, all along, been about influencing the election?  We know for a fact that at least a few of the FBI investigators indicated that was exactly their intent.   

By carlberky - Aug. 31, 2018, 12:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Tim, if it's released in October, then we will know if you are right. However, the report can't be released until he interviews Trump, who will probably stone-wall until after the election.

By wglassfo - Aug. 31, 2018, 2:39 p.m.
Like Reply

I have not commented on your domestic problems because I thought that would be considered meddling Even though some feel comments about Canada and dairy is just fine

Since Canada is involved, I will break my silence

!st up, I do not think any agreement is possible today.

Trump is in a heap of trouble, and could bring ruin to the USA. Currently Canada is the scape goat to defect from his other problems. I don't think Trump wants an agreement on trade with Canada, at least not this week

The only safe spot Trump has is to heap  insults on those people who say or do stuff he doesn't like. Sessions is a prime example and  insults are growing old

Mueller is just one more constant pain in the back side, and Trump does not know what is coming. Reports are that Mueller  has access to just about everything, not good for Trump. Canada will be used as a diversion, from media attention until Canada is no longer a media event. This all depends on what Mueller does.

To put this in a broader world context, some day Trump will find out that countries do not take kindly to threats.

Trump may think he has the strong hand. but if Trump pushes too hard, on a "tit for tat" agenda, then a global financial crisis, could result. A quick look at some currency values is cause for concern

A global financial crisis will affect the USA, in reduced world GDP

Trump could end up as the world scape goat, as many have opined. Trump thinks this is a tit for tat trade issue which he can win. Trump has tunnel vision as he can't see that countries will join together and present a common front of solidarity

One country with a protectionism agenda against the world will never win.

Most people agree that some thing had to be done, but Trump seems to make more enemies than friends.

This idea that "might makes right" might prove to be Trumps biggest tunnel vision mistake Countries are working to replace the USD as the world reserve currency. If Saudi ever jumps the fence and joins with others on sales of oil, with settlement in payments of a world basket of currencies, then others will quickly follow.

The Russia warning to Trump in Syria is a good example that "might makes right" is a false premise, or Trump could decide to fight which would be a disaster..

The fact that American allies are drifting away is another cause for concern

You would think Trump could see  that protectionism has never worked . Does Trump even pay attention to  history or does he think he can be the dictator of world events. Does he think this time is different.

The rest of the world will move on, whilst Trump will go down in history as the president that had a vision but  was reduced to fighting over bread crumbs to satisfy a growing  class of disaffected people who are left behind, mostly because the USA can not make good on it's promises of a social safety net. A 12 billion payment to farmers is an example of fighting over bread crumbs.

History is littered with examples of what starts out in one direction often leads in another direction of that slippery slope down hill.

We can only guess at the end result, but many are growing nervous that maybe Trump could have solved this problem differently and not be left alone in the world

Can you name one single country in the whole world who would stand beside Trump if he needed an ally. Trust me, Trump can not stand alone in the world for very long, if his plan is to insult and follow the vision that "might makes right" with protectionism as the fall back position. This kind of thinking has a history of unpleasant consequences.

Ask china about with drawing from the world and the consequences.

It will be different this time, and we have no idea what happens but the USA could be left with domestic problems, fighting over social bread crumbs, all of which could possibly be the result of trade protectionism, the reserve dollar and a lack of trade revenue Tariffs won't replace lost revenue.

The social safety net, and a lack of a single ally is the biggest problem as I see things, and Trump may end up as the scape goat in future yrs.

By metmike - Aug. 31, 2018, 3:28 p.m.
Like Reply

Actually, NOT releasing it before the election, if Trump is not going to be charged with any crimes is obviously trying to influence the elections. 

Having it still out there and all the media insisting that it will result in criminal charges and people believing that still has benefits for one side. Mueller obviously knows this. 

If Trump is going to be charged with crimes, which is possible, it's hard to explain why this has not happened yet..............then again, it is easy to explain. 

Possibly he is waiting for the right time and conditions. Set the stage by letting the media have a feeding frenzi on Manafort, while they ramp up the speculating and sensationalizing on Trump.

If Trump is charged with crimes, Mueller knows that his credibility will be greatly challenged even more than it has been from one side. Everything else that he has done during his long career combined will not matter as much as this.

Whatever his actions are, they will be going down in history. 

He is not going to do it until the table is set perfect. You will note that Trumps ratings have dropped recently, even with the best economy in a very long time because of this issue. Waiting until after the election might be part of the plan. 

He is a clever man and this IS political. You want to have a battle with an opponent when he is at his weakest. He is weakening up Trump right now. Am guessing that for him to be considered a success/hero, he has got to find some things that Trump did wrong............which, outside of Jimmy Carter( the only honest president in my life time) would not be that tough, for most presidents.............or politicians in Washington.

Trump did lots of things wrong his entire life and its impossible to imagine that he suddenly turned into an angel while he was campaining for president. So Mueller is going to find some infractions. I think that his collusion with Russia is mostly fake news and had no effect on the election which is supposedly why we have this investigation but the investigation, incredibly, allows Mueller to investigate anybody that had any connection with Trump for anything that he wants to investigate and go way back in history to find stuff.

With all the crooks in Washington and high level business, allowing an investigator to investigate who he wants for whatever he wants, using extreme power, money and resources to get information.................is mind boggling. 

How could he NOT find a bunch of stuff?

I'm betting that if he investigated the Clintons by themselves, he could have quadrupled the results for less than half the effort!

By TimNew - Sept. 1, 2018, 9:13 a.m.
Like Reply

You are of course right, Mike.   There is no better tactic than to cast unsubstantiated doubt.  Assuming they find some wrong doing on Trump's part, which is reasonably likely, the reality will likely fall far short of the imagination of the press and electorate.  "Buy the rumor".   Leaving this to the court of public opinion is the best weapon they probably have.  If that were not the case,  if they really had substantial charges,  wouldn't they have been made by now? Isn't 2+ years more than adequate?

"Justice delayed is justice denied".