A fantastic short documentary (not political)
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by JP - Aug. 14, 2018, 9:44 p.m.

Its title is "A Brief History of Fat" and it runs about 20 minutes. It focuses on fat and the human race across history; I had never thought of it as absolutely essential for the survival of our forebears. It's fascinating.

An aside --  the background music manages somehow to be unobtrusive yet exceptionally interesting at the same time.

A Brief History of Fat

Comments
By carlberky - Aug. 15, 2018, 10:42 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks for that, John. Unfortunately, Fat has always been close to my heart.

By metmike - Aug. 15, 2018, 11:15 a.m.
Like Reply

John,

I didn't bring my computer speakers with me to Detroit but thank you for this link.

I was a competitive body builder for many years and am still very lean..........a great deal of which was gifted to me by genetics.........though my diet is outstanding.

I have said forever, that prior to this age of abundance, people like me would be the first to perish in a famine. My body requires a tremendous amount of calories to maintain this lean body weight.

Even at 62 years old, I have a harder time keeping the weight on vs trying to lose weight. This is wonderful in todays age, when people like me can enjoy themselves eating tons of food...............and I love to eat.

When food was scarce............as it was for most of the thousands of years just prior to this very recent over abundance, it's todays fat people that survived.

We call it a slow metabolism and its known as a curse. The reality is that its a body that is much more efficient in using calories. Sort of like a vehicle that gets high fuel mileage..........but looks like a mack truck.

I can't listen to the video and don't know if that was discussed but thats the authentic science.