Donald Trump’s base starts to erode
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by mojo - Aug. 10, 2018, 10:14 a.m.

This past weekend, President Donald Trump tweeted a confession to the world that his top campaign operatives, Donald Trump Jr., Paul Manafort and Jared Kushner. had knowingly met with emissaries of the Russian government to receive information on his opponent, which he characterized as perfectly legal and routine, while also insisting that he knew nothing about it. In a previous era, this would have been a shocking development that would likely lead to impeachment. Regardless of the legality (and plenty of experts say it was indeed illegal) it was certainly unethical and unpatriotic.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/08/trumps-base-starts-erode-digs-deeper-deeper-trouble/

Comments
By TimNew - Aug. 10, 2018, 11:23 a.m.
Like Reply

I guess you are not aware,  or perhaps you forgot, that this is old news.  I believe it came to light prior to the election  if not shortly after.  Some Russian told Junior something to the effect of "I have some dirt on Hillary"  and Jr. replied something to the effect of "I'd love to see that" .  Nothing came of it,  but even if it had, there'd be nothing wrong with it.  Do you really think gathering "dirt" on a political opponent is an impeachable offense?  Or, perhaps more likely,  you think it's only an impeachable offense if the politician has an "R" suffix.  

Meanwhile, Trumps job approval has reached nearly the best it's been with 43% approving.  This is higher than Obama's rating through much of his reign.   And Trump's economic approval is overall +8.8% with 50.6 giving him good to great marks.

If wishful thinking were actually effective,  Trump would be in serious trouble, and the dems would be in great shape as wishful thinking is a substantial plank in their platform .  Unfortunately, it's not and that much anticipated "Blue Wave" appears to be nothing more than that swirl you see after you flush.

Image result for blue wave toilet bowl

By cliff-e - Aug. 10, 2018, 12:44 p.m.
Like Reply

A bad week for the Grifters of Trumpland base. Trump told us he only picks the best. ;~)

http://www.spin.com/2018/08/trump-manafort-gates-cohen-ross-fraud/