TikTok must be feeling the heat
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by jmk - Dec. 9, 2023, 12:33 a.m.

Anyone else notice the commercials TikTok is now running on tv?  One with an elderly man named Patriotic Kenny who had a mobility scooter breakdown and how TikTok came to the rescue with users giving him money to buy a new one and of course Kenny is an all American guy very patriotic etc. The other one was a group of elderly ladies dancing around and having a good time and telling how thier grandchildren now call them Tic-Toc grandmas. Never saw anything like that till Congress got on TikToks ass. Now they must be feeling the heat,trying to show how mainstream and harmless they are. Sad thing is with the bunch we have in Washington it will problay work. 

Comments
By 12345 - Dec. 9, 2023, 4:37 a.m.
Like Reply

NOPE... I DON'T WATCH TV, BUT.....

CHINA & THE MEDIA ARE "BED FELLOWS"  $$$$$$$$$$$$$

THANKS

By cutworm - Dec. 9, 2023, 11:26 a.m.
Like Reply

so Is the issue that Tic Toc spies on us, or is it that the swamp can't control the narrative? 

Do you think that Google (MSFT, u-tube, ect.) has all your information? Who do you think they share with? Do you think that they have ever censored the narrative?  

By 12345 - Dec. 9, 2023, 12:11 p.m.
Like Reply

ARE THE "U-BOOB SHORTS" TAKEN FROM THE "TICKING TIME BOMB" SITE?

By cutworm - Dec. 9, 2023, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Dec. 9, 2023, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

I have no clue what's going on in that world, nor the time to investigate it but will read whatever comments that you guys make about it. 

By jmk - Dec. 9, 2023, 9 p.m.
Like Reply

My post wasn't to debate the good, bad or ugly about TikTok but to point out what I perceive is a new trend in some tv commercials. I was using them as a example as commercials not trying to sell you something but to change your mind about certain things,or create another narraitve. Another example is the AARP commercial where they tell you(you might not always agree with AARP but we know alot about Social Security). Translation (we know you old farts found out we are a left leaning org but dont cancel your membership).