Fred Reed thoughts on the NYT new hire
1 response | 0 likes
Started by cfdr - Aug. 7, 2018, 8:40 p.m.

http://www.unz.com/freed/cruelty-legitimized-nyt-hires-from-caligulas-basement/

Fred Reed is on a roll with this one!

"Now see here, Sweet Potato. I’ve got nothing against bile and bitchiness and bad manners and ill-breeding, though I suspect they could be cured by application of a baseball bat. Maybe you should see somebody about this. Sort of, you know, therapy. I understand that we can’t all be ladies (though I get the impression that a lot of men in New York are), and feminists traditionally have the the appeal of the underside of a theater seat. This is usual and as the Good Lord intended. I cannot complain. What bothers me, Sweet Pea, is your lack of gratitude.

"Look around you, Thistle Down. Take your time. Get some binoculars and look out the window. Unscrew the lid on your computer, if you can find a screwdriver with the instructions on the handle. Contemplate at leisure. Reflect. And tell me:

"Do you see anything invented by a Korean feminist?"

And,

"But here we come to deep philosophical waters, specifically relations between the sexes. The truth is that most men like women. You may find this offensive, but I assure you that it is true. I hope you will not hold this affection against us. Our mothers were women. Also our sisters, wives, grandmothers, daughters and girlfriends. We even have female friends. We think women are peaches, often being smart and funny and feminine–I’m sure the Times has an online dictionary–and really good at neat stuff like biochemiswtry. There are no substitutes. Most women are slightly crazy, yes, but then they don’t get into bar fights."

Comments
By JP - Aug. 7, 2018, 9:26 p.m.
Like Reply

I can't, for the life of me, see why the address you posted doesn't work correctly for me. Clicking on it takes me to the NYT site, but to a page that says "Nothing found" (but you can see a link to the article you reference on the right side of the page). However, when I copy and paste the address into the address bar it works as expected. 

If others are having the same issue, I will post it as a link below.

Fred Reed Thoughts

OK -- the link I posted above works as expected for me, and while the address you posted is, as far as I can tell, identical to the one I posted in the link, it still doesn't work correctly. Maybe I'm not clicking on it in the right spirit.