Happy Veterans Day
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - Nov. 10, 2023, 8:05 p.m.

With tremendous appreciation to the men and women in this country that have given everything in the service of our country.

Regardless of what it is you have been asked to do, you've ALWAYS been there to serve with honor, devoted patriotism and strength.

Despite corrupt political leaders with agendas that often take advantage of and even abuse  your generous dedication to serve the United States, you've never let that impact your enthusiasm or dedication to getting the job done. You've never let the rest of us or our country down. 

The best military in the world by a wide margin.

Veterans Day 2023

https://www.military.com/veterans-day

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 10, 2023, 8:26 p.m.
Like Reply

I have an awesome friend (from the gym-Pit Barbell Club), Greg that was in the Marines for over a decade.

He served in Iraq on 2 tours. 

For the past 10+ years, I've let him use the woods in back of our house to hunt deer at this time of year.

My wife, who is a vegetarian was not too thrilled about that the first few years. I normally try to do whatever she wants in order to keep her happy and maximize our wonderful relationship.

However, on this I told her point blank. 

Greg is my good friend and he's the type of person that would do anything for me. 

I told her and also Greg, that if I was being attacked by a group of thugs and could only pick one person to assist me, Greg would be the guy without hesitation.

So after a few years we had a massive oak tree fall down across the road in front of our house blocking traffic. I have a chain saw and have cut down and cut up dozens of trees but this one was around 80 feet tall and extremely wide. It would have taken me a couple of days to cut it up into sections, then a week to cut it into manageable, smaller logs. 

I know because we had 2 other trees like that fall but not blocking the street. 

Greg works for the city and cuts up trees like that for his job. So I called him and he was out here the next day and they took care of it in 1 day........for free! It was a $1,200+  job if I had hired somebody to do the same thing! 

After that, I told my wife "See, I told you that I could count on Greg!"

Never heard a complaint again when his car is parked in our driveway.