Moving the Goal post
18 responses | 0 likes
Started by frey_1999 - Aug. 5, 2018, 1:08 p.m.

I have stayed away from posting on Marketforum for a couple of months to just let the Political landscape settle out, and one thing has become very clear.

The Trump administration has been found to have lied about its dealings with Russia at every turn and they have moved the Goal post after every lie has been exposed.

Let's recap

When news first broke about possible Russian involvement in the election.

all we heard was fake news we never talked to the Russian.

then they moved it down the field when it was discovered that Papadopoulos bragged in a drunken stooper about the fact that he was in contact with the Russians, with the trumps saying no important person from their administration talked to the Russian.

moved it again when don jr. was exposed for his trump tower meeting. changed the story that it was about adoption not the election. and only don jr. attended and quickly dismissed it.

Then came news of Jared kushner's involvement in the meeting and they admitted that he popped in and left right away when he discovered it was about adoption.

Then came the news about the fact that others (including the Russians ) stated some under oath that the meeting was about dirt on Hilary but that nothing came of it.

we moved the goal line again as certain people rolled over on the lies and the trumps said yea we got some info but lying don sr. knew nothing about the meeting.

and then came news that the trump election team had a meeting to plan a strategy for the meeting and how to proceed after they got the info.  

so then the goal line moved again saying that they may have had that meeting but lying don was not involved.

then comes news that Lying don sr. signed off on the meeting 

then came the storyline that is now being repeated -- COLLUSION IS NOT A CRIME.

that's what I call moving the goal post from there were not talks let alone any Collusion to yea we Colluded but its OK because we telling you Collusion is not a crime and the Trumptards are ok with that.

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 1:25 p.m.
Like Reply

wow all this and we yet have not found 1 single vote  changed during the election. Look Russia tries, we try, the freakin hindus may try but not one vote. And now we find thousands of illegals not only voted but were aided {collusion} by the dems at every turn. That is actual fraud. So be careful what a lib wishes for.

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2018, 3:14 p.m.
Like Reply

"I have stayed away from posting on Marketforum for a couple of months to just let the Political landscape settle out, and one thing has become very clear."

frey, 

I'm glad that you are  back and obviously, have decided to jump right into the inflammatory style of political posting. 

This site can handle that and I encourage every side to state sincere opinions. 

Just a couple of requirements. Please do not get personal with your attacks or call anybody here an unacceptable name. Obviously your side has more unkind names for President Trump than Quaker has oats(my wifes expression) but we made it quite definitive last week, that calling a person that supports Trump, things like  a Fascist  because they support Trump is very offensive to many folks. 

mcfarm used the term obtuse for Carl and we decided that was not acceptable. 

I am just reviewing the policy for you and everybody else to make a pre emptive strike so as to avoid any bad feelings. We want everybody to enjoy their experience here. 

Thanks,

metmike

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 5:25 p.m.
Like Reply

just to be clear on that obtuse thing Mike, I used it as difficult...you used it as stupid...I most definately did not mean stupid. sorry if that is what you thought

By frey_1999 - Aug. 5, 2018, 5:51 p.m.
Like Reply

the use of the phrase trumptard - is reference to the fact that the hard core trump people want to stay ignorant of all facts that show him to be lying ( which he does on a regular basis ) and has been shown and proven by his own words and actions.

I believe libatard is still used by some posters on this site 

here is what I will do I will refrain from using the word trumptard going forward until I see the use of the word libatard.  I can only hope that when it shows up you call out the poster who uses it.  

By frey_1999 - Aug. 5, 2018, 5:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Please show proof from individual states records where thousands of illegal votes were cast.

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 5:54 p.m.
Like Reply

I suppose libtard has been used but I certainly do not recall when or where...as for your not so graceful offer I think you will find Mike makes up his own mind

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 6:05 p.m.
Like Reply

3ad8c166bc9f06e.png

here is just one of several good reports

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 6:09 p.m.
Like Reply
By frey_1999 - Aug. 5, 2018, 6:15 p.m.
Like Reply

so is it safe to say you acknowledge trump is colluding with russia and your ok with that?

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 6:46 p.m.
Like Reply

no I do not think Trump is colluding whatever the hell that means. If I had to define collusion it would not be world leaders talking, it would be bill and hils pay for play for millions. 

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2018, 6:53 p.m.
Like Reply

"just to be clear on that obtuse thing Mike, I used it as difficult...you used it as stupid...I most definately did not mean stupid. sorry if that is what you thought"

mcfarm,

I  thought that you probably did not mean stupid but some people use it that way and it was directed in a personal, derogatory way towards Carl...........so I was a smidgen hard on you mcfarm but you took it like a man and agreed to continue to assist me with trying to make this a positive place for idea sharing............and you are one of my top dogs for sharing good stuff...........especially on the trading forum.

And so that nobody gets the wrong impression, this was not even close to a warning to mcfarm whose contributions here greatly outweigh any getting carried away that he might experience  from  being frustrated by those who disagree with him politically. 

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2018, 7 p.m.
Like Reply

"here is what I will do I will refrain from using the word trumptard going forward until I see the use of the word libatard.  I can only hope that when it shows up you call out the poster who uses it. "

Wonderful frey...thank you! 

I love it when you guys can figure it out perfectly like that without me having to be more specific about exact words. 

By TimNew - Aug. 5, 2018, 7:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Clearly state objectives and direction, offer as little guidance as possible, and assume people will live up to your expectations...

Or something like that  :-)

By carlberky - Aug. 5, 2018, 7:33 p.m.
Like Reply

" And now we find thousands of illegals not only voted but were aided {collusion} by the dems at every turn. That is actual fraud. So be careful what a lib wishes for. "

mc, the source you provided does not support your claim that " illegals " were aided by the dems, whom you accused of collusion  ... nor does it assign ownership of the illegals to a political party.  

By TimNew - Aug. 5, 2018, 8:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Ya know what's really weird Carl.   The county I live in here and Ga (Gwinnett) was sued by the ACLU last year because they did not have bilingual voting ballots..  The Hispanic population here has reached a percentage that requires us to provide bilingual ballots..  All the constructions draws them I guess.  Hillary won this county BTW..  Guess that makes me a minority. But what's really weird is.. As I understand it,  you have to be a citizen to vote,  right?  At least I'm pretty sure that's still the law.   And a requirement of US citizenship is that you have to have a working knowledge of the English language.  At least last time I checked.  But when I voted this year, they had to offer me a Spanish ballot if I requested and the "I Voted"  sticker you get with your donut and coffee was in English and Spanish..   Weird Huh?

And I hear lots of states now offer drivers licenses to Illegals.   Did you know those qualify you to register to vote in most places.   

And have you read about those districts (weirdly often in swing states) where they get 110% or higher voter turnout, and all of them vote for the dem candidate.

Just seems weird to me.   But all things considered,   voter ID, that is SOOO RACIST, is probably not that big of a deal anymore.

But would it not be kewl if you could vote in company elections if you were not actually a share holder?  Think of it.   You could vote for the CEO who would liquidate the company and give the proceeds to the voters.  We'd all be rich as heck,  right?  :-)   At least that's how a lot of people think it would work.  Do you see any flaws in that idea?

BTW,  just in case you find it too hard to believe re: my county, I'll save you the time in looking it up...

https://www.gwinnettdailypost.com/local/gwinnett-officials-outline-steps-to-comply-with-federal-bilingual-voting/article_bb5da31a-d881-5445-9aa6-d9bc1cbd96d6.html

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 8:38 p.m.
Like Reply

carl, as I told frey find the gov accountability studies. They have studies that show by illegals own admissions between 13 to nearly 15 % vote. Now we simple have to extrapalate..so you use whatever number you want....some say we have 12 to 15 million illegals...some say 20 million...some say even more...take whatever number you want and 13% of that is a damn large number...now even the silliest silly person would not assign a D in front of 90% of those....common sense says "hello Houston we have a problem"

By carlberky - Aug. 5, 2018, 8:59 p.m.
Like Reply

mc, in other words, you want me to find the facts to back up your opinion. Sorry, it doesn't work that way. 

By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 9:08 p.m.
Like Reply

no carl. we rely on our gov for facts. guess what? Our gov has so let this illegal alien thing get so out of control they have to guess how many we have....that leads us to guess or extrapalate on most illegal issues, which I plainly did for you