watching soccer
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by carlberky - Aug. 5, 2018, 11:34 a.m.

https://babylonbee.com/news/strong-link-found-between-watching-soccer-being-incredibly-bored/

A  new study performed by a Harvard research team found a “strong correlation” between watching a soccer game and succumbing to a feeling of overwhelming boredom.

The study suggests that watching soccer is the root cause of much of the world’s boredom, and that people can live better, more exciting lives if they simply shut off the World Cup and do something else instead. Researchers stated that other activities like watching baseball, enjoying a hockey game, and staring at the inside of a Pringles can are all far better sources of entertainment than soccer.

Comments
By mcfarm - Aug. 5, 2018, 11:40 a.m.
Like Reply

might try the "world" badmitten championships over on dish 432

By metmike - Aug. 5, 2018, 12:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Another  good one Carl!

Mostly people from the Great USA would think this was especially funny!

Never was into soccer but then started to appreciate it here when my kids were young.  I had them do 3 sports a year. Since the choice in the Fall was either football or soccer, it was easy to pick soccer(though I played football).

I coached their teams most of the time and knew enough about basketball(Winter) and a ton about baseball(Spring) to do well coaching but had to start from scratch with coaching clinics and books in soccer. 

After coaching and my kids playing for numerous years, I changed my view on soccer............but it still is down on the list of favorite sports to watch.