Debt limit
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by cutworm - May 28, 2023, 3:54 p.m.
Comments
Re: Debt limit
0 likes
By 12345 - May 28, 2023, 5:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I WANNA READ IT, FOR MYSELF.

I GET THE FEELING THE RINO FOLKS CAVED, IF IT PASSES AS IS

By metmike - May 28, 2023, 11:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks much for letting us know!

Will be interesting to see the reactions. The extremes will likely vehemently reject it. 

Bipartisan agreement reached to avoid debt-limit default, Biden announces

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy finalized the language of the deal Sunday. The bill is expected to go to the House on Wednesday evening.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/biden-mccarthy-complete-debt-ceiling-agreement-sunday-jeffries-tells-d-rcna86191

By 12345 - May 29, 2023, 5:59 a.m.
Like Reply

(FROM MIKES' NBC LINK)

"A source familiar with the agreement said it includes a two-year appropriations deal and a two-year extension of the debt limit, effectively resolving the issue until after the 2024 election. It will include work requirements to receive federal aid under the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, for people up to 54 years old, with exceptions for homeless people and veterans. But there will be “no changes to Medicaid,” the source said."

HAVE THEY LOWERED RETIREMENT AGE TO 54?  LOL

By 12345 - May 29, 2023, 6:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Takeaways On Debt Ceiling: McCarthy's Balancing Act, Biden's Choice And The Challenges Ahead

"“With Republicans like these, who needs Democrats?” tweeted Utah Sen. Mike Lee on Saturday, aligning himself with the House Republicans who say the deal is not conservative enough.."  (I AGREE & I'M NOT A BIG FAN OF MIKE LEE)

By metmike - May 29, 2023, 7:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Looks like the far left and even more so the far right (Trump party) that are sabotaging any chance of current and future political harmony in this country may find reasons to reject this.

as crazy as it seems, they would risk default which is actually the advice loose cannon Trump gave on CNN.

we know that Trump and his extremes in Congress say things that their followers want to hear and pretend are viable but they don’t have a vast majority in Congress that allows them to just run over everybody else withboth sides practicing resentment politics.

lacking that power, they must negotiate or they are just holding our country hostage and doing more damage than good At this point in time.  I would love to see more Cuts too Because the catastrophic debt makes our future pretty bleak. 

the problem in this bipolar, divisive atmosphere is that you almost have a 3rd party that sabotages unity of the Republicans. 

they are not nearly strong enough to have close to a majority and they are too extreme to get others to embrace the agenda.

but they have enough power and tunnel vision to block any progress if they want to vs softening their position to settle for middle ground and result in harmony.

The current dysfuntionality of our political dynamics makes it impossible for harmony. Most of our leaders don’t even have agenda or mentalities that represent political harmony.

when moderate members from either side incorporate to much middle ground into their positions, they get vehementally rejected by the extremes.

with the current US democracy/political and justice system being dysfunctional at best and completely broken, if you’re a pessimist….compared to how how it can function with objective,  honest, unselfish people. This agreement is the best we can hope for.