IF HE'S GUILTY... SO BE IT! IF NOT ~ HE'LL FIGHT IT
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - May 27, 2023, 7:40 p.m.

I'VE ALWAYS LIKED THE GUY, THO.

Attorney General Ken Paxton impeached

Comments
By metmike - May 27, 2023, 9:11 p.m.
Like Reply

The vote wasn't even close and including a majority of Rs too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ken_Paxton

Warren Kenneth Paxton Jr.[2] (born December 23, 1962) is an American lawyer and politician. A member of the Republican Party, has been the Attorney General of Texas since January 2015. He previously served as Texas State Senator for the 8th district and the Texas State Representative for the 70th district. The Texas House of Representatives impeached Paxton on May 27, 2023, on 20 articles of impeachment centering on charges of corruption and abuse of power; he is suspended from office pending a trial in the Texas Senate

Paxton rose to power as an ally of the Tea Party movement of insurgent conservatives.[3] An ally of former U.S. President Donald Trump,[4] as state attorney general, he has pursued a far-right course and sued the Joe Biden administration at least 50 times.[5][6] Paxton won a third term as Attorney General in 2022.

After Biden won the 2020 U.S. presidential election and Trump refused to concede while making false claims of election fraud, Paxton aided Trump in his efforts to overturn the result. He filing the unsuccessful Texas v. Pennsylvania case in the U.S. Supreme Court and spoke at the rally Trump held on January 6, 2021, in Washington, D.C., that immediately preceded the attack on the U.S. Capitol.[7][8]

Paxton has been under indictment since 2015 on state securities fraud charges relating to activities prior to taking office. He has pleaded not guilty. The case has been delayed over various procedural issues, and has not yet come to trial.[9][10] In October 2020, several high-level assistants in Paxton's office accused him of "bribery, abuse of office and other crimes";[11][12] Paxton later settled with four whistleblowers, agreeing to pay them $3.3 million.[13]  After years of scandal, criminal charges and corruption accusations, on May 25, 2023 a Republican-controlled Texas House committee unanimously recommended impeaching Paxton. Within hours lawmakers had filed twenty articles of impeachment, including for alleged bribery, obstruction of justice and abuse of public trust.[14][15] The Texas House voted to impeach Paxton on May 27, immediately suspending him from office until a trial in the state Senate determines his final disposition.[16] Paxton is separately being investigated by federal prosecutors.[17]

Texas House of Representatives votes to impeach Attorney General Ken Paxton    

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/27/politics/ken-paxton-impeachment-texas-house/index.html

The vote was 121-23, with two members voting “present.”  

“The evidence is substantial. It is alarming and unnerving,” said GOP Rep. Andrew Murr, chair of the General Investigating Committee, during his closing statement following hours of debate. The committee recommended 20 counts of impeachment against Paxton.  

++++++++++++++

Jean,

I'm puzzled why a person with your ethics on honesty would like this guy(other than he's a Trump cheerleader that helped try to overturn the 2020 election)?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/95593/

By 12345 - May 28, 2023, noon
Like Reply

MIKE ~ I HAVE NO IDEA WHY I'VE ALWAYS LIKED HIM.     I STILL DO! LOLOL ~~~~~~ THERE'S JUST SUMPIN' ABOUT HIM.

I KNOW FOR A FACT ~ IT'S CERTAINLY NOT DUE TO HIS ARDENT SUPPORT FOR TRUMP.  I'VE KNOWN, FOR YEARS, THAT HE'S BEEN ACCUSED OF MIS-DOINGS. THAT HASN'T CHANGED MY "FEELINGS" FOR HIM ~ I DOUBT ANYTHING WILL.  LOLOLOLOLOLOL ~ I'LL COIN A PHRASE: "I COULD SHOOT SOMEBODY & NOT LOSE A VOTE!"   HAHAHAHA

MTG, IS A PRIME EXAMPLE OF AN ARDENT TRUMP SUPPORTER.  WELLL... IT'S ALL I CAN DO TO STOMACH HER!! I AVOID HER AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE.

By 12345 - May 28, 2023, 3:03 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  IF HE DOESN'T FIGHT BACK ~ I'LL BE DISAPPOINTED IN HIM.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton impeached

By mcfarm - May 29, 2023, 10:47 a.m.
Like Reply

"false clams of election fraud"........ some of what the orange devil said was a stretch for sure but it sure turns out there was fraud at many levels.....even more than what he himself was alleging. Polling now suggests with that infamous lie Biden repeated during the debates near double digits% of the vote would of changed. What was that famous line so many use....Where do I go to get my reputation back? I know Trump never had a great rep anyway but no one can deny his agenda, nearly every piece of his agenda was good for America.

By 12345 - May 29, 2023, 11:52 a.m.
Like Reply

IT WAS LITERALLY RIGGED, LONG BEFORE THE ELECTION!  YEARS, IN FACT! WHAT SORT OF A PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE WOULD EVER SNAP BACK AT A HECKLER, WITH: "I DON'T NEED YOUR VOTE!!" ?????? (I SHOULDA SAVED THAT VIDEO. I HAVEN'T BEEN ABLE TO FIND IT ON YT, FOR 2 YEARS!)

AS FOR PAXTON ~ THE NEXT GENERATION OF THE BUSH "FAMILY / MOB", IS WAITING IN THE WINGS!

I DO WISH FOR THE NEXT PRESIDENT TO HAVE THE "FORTITUDE" TO RELEASE THE REST OF THE JFK FILES ~ BEFORE THEY "DISAPPEAR", ACCIDENTLY. (THAT IS, IF THEY HAVEN'T, ALREADY!