New: Post of the week from WxFollower
2 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 26, 2023, 1:16 p.m.

Great classic rock song from 1986            

Started by WxFollower - March 26, 2023, 6:28 a.m.           

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/94098/

The power of music in our lives!

Comments
By WxFollower - March 26, 2023, 7:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks, Mike, for the honor!

My favorite era of music ended ~1994 with the 80s being a great decade to me even though I actually grew up prior to then.

By metmike - March 26, 2023, 11:35 p.m.
Like Reply

I loved the songs of the 60's-80's, Larry. Mostly hard rock but some other stuff.

The great music seemed to dry up in the 90's.

Then 3 things happened that expanded my love of music around 2000.

1. The internet allowed access to a million times more opportunities to sample everything out there, including access to everything I always loved.

2. I had 2 sons that loved music and  listened to different genre's especially alternative/progressive, electronic and new age that I fell in love with from hearing it in their rooms and could find on the internet. 

3. My wife bought me this for Christmas 2000 ......a Kurtzweil Mark 152

https://www.google.com/search?q=kurtzweil+mark+152++demo+different+sounds&hl=en&sxsrf=APwXEdebExEi0SWmoqD9qRQvM2tw6GmtCg%3A1679886906727&ei=OgohZMyMLNmpptQPq9yHoAk&ved=0ahUKEwjMkdqykvv9AhXZlIkEHSvuAZQQ4dUDCA8&uact=5&oq=kurtzweil+mark+152++demo+different+sounds&gs_lcp=Cgxnd3Mtd2l6LXNlcnAQAzIFCAAQogQyBQgAEKIEMgUIABCiBDoKCAAQRxDWBBCwAzoGCAAQFhAeOgcIIRCgARAKOgUIIRCrAjoICCEQFhAeEB1KBAhBGABQ0QpYwCZgy0NoAXABeACAAYABiAHzDpIBBDEuMTaYAQCgAQHIAQPAAQE&sclient=gws-wiz-serp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:f1407bb0,vid:Ytsg16T7alw

I never had lessons and can't read sheet music but can play piano by ear. This keyboard  can be set to sound just like almost any instrument that exists and has dozens of additional modes to enhance the sounds.

I'd already composed many dozens of little songs on our baby grand piano but this one took me into a zone that would cause me to lose track of time. I spent many hours composing, probably 200+ more short songs and experimenting with the different settings and sounds.

In the last decade,  I stopped playing because I'm trying to avoid a right shoulder replacement and the repetitive motion will flare up the shoulder and cause lasting pain.