Grain #
1 response | 0 likes
Started by bcb - March 4, 2023, 1:47 p.m.

So Feb low was put in last day of Feb. Insurance near as I see is Cron 591 vs. 590 last yr. and Beans 1376 vs. 1432.50

The CZ / SX ratio at the yr. High 2.404. Seems trying to add bean acres. Remember there was 5.5-6 mil pp acres last yr.

Don't know` If you saw this from Kory Melby " 7 yr. cycle in the next 2 weeks off the March 2016 low. Looks to me like a Low to a High. Also 14 yr cycle off the 2009 lo2. Low to a High."

Could we have seen lows last week  and now sideways to Higher...possible.

Comments
Re: Grain #
1 like
By metmike - March 5, 2023, 1:41 p.m.
Like Reply

"Don't know` If you saw this from Kory Melby " 7 yr. cycle in the next 2 weeks off the March 2016 low. Looks to me like a Low to a High. Also 14 yr cycle off the 2009 lo2. Low to a High."

Thanks bcb,

I know that you're just passing it along.

People that invent these cycles lose alot of credibility with me on that element because of their  lack of understanding in science. 

There are clear, scientifically based cycles related to growing crops and weather/climate cycles/sunspot cycles and those dealing with nature........which often affects crops.

However, 7 and 14 year bunk cycles based on weather and those like them are often invented based on coincidence(If you flip a coin 200 times, you will get some repeating patterns for awhile that aren't just heads and tails alternating) and/or misunderstanding.

Also on the entities imagining/creating these cycles selling themselves or a service that convinces people they are seeing things that nobody else can, so you need to tune into them or you'll miss it. 

https://www.wsav.com/weather-news/storm-team-3-now/weather-folklore-does-weather-comes-in-7-year-cycles/

I have no doubt that Kory has a great understanding on ag markets much greater than mine but his 7 and 14 year cycles are bunk.