I'm a Libertarian on Immigration
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by joj - Nov. 23, 2022, 6:28 a.m.

Let them in!  Let'em ALL in!!

We have a demographic problem in this country.  Too many old people and not enough young ones.

If we get over saturated with "too many", they will stop coming and those that can't cut it might even leave.

One of the main reasons for America's economic strength is that we are an immigrant nation.  Our greatest economic growth periods were when we had virtually open borders.  (1880-1920)  Our slowest growth periods were during xenophobic periods.

Can I get an "AMEN" bear?

Comments
By mcfarm - Nov. 23, 2022, 10:58 a.m.
Like Reply

you might be a libertarian on immigration or not. Most libs want more grass cutters and landscapers and house keeper/nanny types across the boarder 

By metmike - Nov. 23, 2022, 3:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank joj!

Why is it that I sense your posting mentality and especially verbiage/phrasing  this week seems to fit with somebody here who claimed to post to "ruffle feathers" of republicans, rather than to have discussions?

Which is fine. Others here from the right post exactly that way too and have always posted that way.

It's what defines our country right now. 

By joj - Nov. 24, 2022, 6:51 a.m.
Like Reply

Well, I am guilty as charged.  But on this occasion I was attempting to reach across the political spectrum and find common ground with bear.   But thanks for addressing the essence of my post (not).

We have a demographic problem in this country and it is an economic ticking time bomb.