Snow: Do you like or dislike?
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by WxFollower - Nov. 14, 2022, 2:29 p.m.

Do you mainly enjoy snow or not? I'm curious what the members here think. Being a lifelong southerner, snow has always been a relative rarity for me. Thus, I've always thought of it as beautiful and exciting, especially when everything shuts down.  In addition, I love the way freshly accumulated snow feels to walk on it. Plus we don't have to worry about shoveling it since it is so rare and typically melts rather quickly. I bet that if I lived in the northern US or Canada that I'd think differently since it would no longer be a novelty even though I might still like it to some extent.

Comments
By metmike - Nov. 14, 2022, 3:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Wonderful question Larry?

I’ll let others reply before I type a dissertation (-: 

By joj - Nov. 14, 2022, 3:53 p.m.
Like Reply

As a kid I loved it.  Not only for sledding, snow ball fights and making of a snow man, but also for the possibility of having a snow day with no school.

As an adult, I like the first one of the year for the pristine beauty of it.  After that, I'm ready for Spring to arrive.

By 7475 - Nov. 14, 2022, 4:21 p.m.
Like Reply

You got that right ,joj.

In NJ our snow "storms are often less than ideal picturesque events anymore , but when they resemble the great 

snow covered skiing landscape in the northeast " back in the day " they're great. 

But the cold , wet slushy crap I deal with - especially having to work in and around the stuff - is not enjoyable in the least and getting more so !

But I love the season changes here - !?!

John

By 12345 - Nov. 14, 2022, 10:12 p.m.
Like Reply

LOL  I'VE ALWAYS SAID: "I HOPE I DON'T OUTLIVE MY LOVE FOR WINTER!"

SO FAR, IT IS STILL MY FAVORITE SEASON. I'LL SOON BE 73 YEARS OLD & I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE SNOW! I ONLY WISH I WAS ABLE TO SHOVEL IT.

IT EXCITES ME MORE THAN THUNDERSTORMS, WHETHER IT'S GENTLY FALLING, GIANT SNOW FLAKES, OR HOWLING WIND BLOWN BLIZZARDS.

LAST WINTER, THE SNOW DRIFTED OVER THE PROPANE REGULATOR, WHICH "SUCKED THE LIFE" OUT OF MY FURNACE. I WAS 2 DAYS W/O HEAT, UNTIL I COULD GET SOMEONE OUT HERE TO GET IT UP & RUNNING, AGAIN!  LOL  I DO LOVE A CHALLENGE.

By metmike - Nov. 21, 2022, 3:27 a.m.
Like Reply

This is a reminder for me to show several snow graphics and makwewe,deddo