This guy tried to stab the republican candidate for governor of New York State
15 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - July 23, 2022, 7:08 a.m.

Ran on stage at a campaign rally while shouting something like "This is it for you" in front of a crowd.  Zeldin defended himself until the man was subdued and arrested,

The assailant was then released on his own recognizance. In New York,  you are unlikely to get release on your own recognizance for a misdemenor DWI, but apparently, for feloneous assult of a republican, it's no big deal.

Good thing for him he did not assault a democrat.  He'd be under the jail.

New York gubernatorial candidate Rep. Lee Zeldin attacked at rally - CBS News

Comments
By metmike - July 23, 2022, 9:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

I saw that on Hannity last night.

That person is obviously dangerous and has psychological issues.

In fact, they showed the replay half a dozen times and I kept repeating to my wife loudly(and stressing her out) "I would have punched that guy in the face as hard as I could with my left hand"-(that had the microphone in it). 

I guess the victim hasn't been in too many fist fights in his life because that reaction would have been instinctive for me, even as an old man.

We can't even tell whats going on from your link.

Fox had some great video of it though.

Here it is from NBC:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/us-rep-lee-zeldin-attacked-stage-new-york-campaign-event-witnesses-say-rcna39493

I also noted this from Hannity last night:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87382/#87429

By mcfarm - July 23, 2022, 10:46 a.m.
Like Reply

So MM are you even going to comment about the guy back out running the streets? Or is this new SOP so engrained in today's new 2 tier justice system it surprises no one any more and in fact is expected for libs to walk. And furthermore is so expected not even worth of comment?

By metmike - July 23, 2022, 1:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Mcfarm,

do you now see me as an enemy and come here to pick fights with me/attack every post  because I don’t bow down to far right Fox?

I made plenty of comments earlier…..including that he is dangerous and provided an even better video than Tim provided …..the same one that Fox showed last night …so that everybody could see him making the attack Better.

mcfarm,

i am NOT the enemy!

By mcfarm - July 23, 2022, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply

so why not answer the question? You rarely answer legit questions anymore. You wonder off into the weeds and claim my positions are religious or political when you know nothing of the sort. For your information I am older than you and have had my climate position for years longer than you have had yours. Mine has remained unchanged since I decided what was fact or fiction decades ago. You know nothing about why, how or when I made these decisions. So again you have jumped quickly to the absolute wrong conclusion just like I described the other day and I do not appreciate it one bit. 

By metmike - July 23, 2022, 3:13 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm,

What you are doing in this thread is what I used to call being a predator troll by vandenplas.

He used to hunt down people he didn't like and make attacks on their posts to pick a fight.

mcfarm,

If you want me to see you as having views independent of Fox news or the far right, then how about not parroting everything they tell you to think almost 100% of the time right here on this forum.

You're right, I don't know everything about you but guess what, I'm totally commenting based on what YOU communicate about YOU and other things here, so it's not my fault for basing my comments on what you tell us. 

I just racked my brain, honestly and objectively trying to come up with one example of you NOT doing that and can't but will let you tell me if there are any  examples of you separating yourself definitively from any Fox or far right position.

I didn't just randomly pick this subject either, you did here and previously, you parroting the far right and being wrong 50% of the time, including your bs position on the COVID vaxx and bs position on the event of Jan 6.

Who was it here that brought up Ray Epps half a dozen times?

I watch Fox too mcfarm, I know exactly where you're getting a lot of your complete bunk from.

Ironically, I'm trying to help you to stop being Fox's brainwash victim and to think for yourself and  I'm the enemy.

I figured that would be the case but I warn you, don't become a predator troll like vandy and go around attacking my other posts with nonsense like this. 

That includes me NOT responding to demands in a predator troll attack on me. I will not enable a behavior that's against forum rules.

By mcfarm - July 23, 2022, 3:17 p.m.
Like Reply

me attacking? You call my core positions bs and based on politics and then say I attacked you?  Something very wrong with this picture.

By metmike - July 23, 2022, 3:26 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarm, I explained myself crystal clearly in that last post. 

Post whatever you want on anything, especially if it disagrees with me. When its based on bs, I will confront your bs and your bs political sources......with gusto that includes analyzing the authentic scientific psychological dynamics that feed into it. AND ALWAYS, backed with data and evidence!

You can play ignorant on what a predator troll is in this thread........but you've been warned. 

Your true friends tell you the truth and expect nothing in return.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/77858/#77860

Again, I don't expect anything from you mcfarm but being a predator troll is against the rules, whether you're mad at me or what was stated in another thread or not. 

Vandy felt justified in continuing as a predator troll, using his own standards of justification and never stopped.

I'm believing that you get messages better than him and also........this is usually not like you, mcfarm.

By TimNew - July 23, 2022, 9:27 p.m.
Like Reply

My point in the OP was that the attacker was released, no bail. for atacking a pub.  My reasonable conclusion was that he would have been treated quite differently had he attacked a dem.  And there seems to be a lot of data to support that thinking.

McFarm's point was that you appear to see that as inconsequential.   I can't disagree with his point.  

Your point that you are not parroting fox is less than laughable.  It's downright bizarre.

By metmike - July 23, 2022, 11:21 p.m.
Like Reply

Now you guys are condemning me because my condemning the guy didn't meet your special expectations..........and more absurdly even defending your condemnation of me?

Oh, that's right, you're always right, even about how I should specifically respond to posts.

"That person is obviously dangerous and has psychological issues."

Of course the guy should have been kept in jail,.

Did you think that I was advocating for dangerous people with psychological issues to be walking the streets after their crime? Or reporting that I stressed my wife out from repeatedly yelling that I wanted to punch the guy in the face because I thought he was innocent or didn't do anything wrong or should be set free?

Now, even when I STRONGLY AGREE with you, you guys attack it because I didn't agree using  the exact right verbiage to make you happy. 

Did you think that I found and posted  a link to provide a better close up video of the crime from the dangerous, disturbed person because I was trying to show that he should be set free?

If so, what on earth would make you think that?

I was ASSISTING YOU by providing even better video evidence for your story and there is absolutely no other way to interpret why I was doing that.

Nothing satisfies somebody looking for an argument. You guys, apparently were/are mad at me because I didn't spin it into a republican vs democrat issue.

How about..........I didn't have a bunch of time to look at every detail surrounding this to actually know enough about it to ascertain if politics played into it. 

Because Hannity said it was, might be good enough for you guys on every topic but that doesn't cut it for me because he's a lying sack of shist  much of the time and has close to the worse credibilty of any source that I know.  

Sometimes he's right but must ALWAYS be fact checked because he's so extremely wrong, using false political narratives and conjured up scenarios much of the time.

I actually look at all the authentic evidence from both sides before making political opinions/conclusions.

This is behavior is exactly what vandenplas did when he was being a predator troll here.

If you remember, I constantly psychoanalyzed him too.

By joj - July 24, 2022, 12:57 a.m.
Like Reply

The assailant should be locked up.  Period!

Now can I get someone from the MAGA crowd out there that Joe Biden is the legitimately elected President of the US?  

By metmike - July 24, 2022, 2:35 a.m.
Like Reply

I dunno if it's supposed to work that way joj.

Maybe you didn't get the Fox  memo.

You're a liberal and you're supposed to always defend every liberal in every story, no matter what(-:

Even if they mow down a group of innocent children, they shouldn't  be stuck in jail because they are liberals and that's just the way it is in this country........just ask Hannity or Tucker(-:

And always blame republicans in every story no matter what because that's what liberals do and the justice department does and the intelligence community does and the TDS people do and the MSM does and Fauci does and the crazy rioters do and the dog catcher does (-: and now, even metmike has become a traitor because he's blaming republicans for some things they didn't do(since R's are perfect).

Seriously, thanks for finally injecting some sanity into the discussion, joj!

Not just acknowledge that Biden won but fully acknowledge the truth of what Trump did after the election and emphatically denounce it instead of claiming Trump is the victim of another investigation that is making up things he didn't do to get him.

NY Post editorial board: ‘Trump has proven himself unworthy"

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87455/

By TimNew - July 24, 2022, 7:18 a.m.
Like Reply

MM,  I had no problem with your portrayal of the story.  I was fine with everything up until this bit of coagulated nonsense.

If you want me to see you as having views independent of Fox news or the far right, then how about not parroting everything they tell you to think almost 100% of the time right here on this forum.

I had heard no reference to the "two tiered" justice system in this country in reference to this story,  but I do find in a bit more than curious that a man engaged on felonious assault in front of what had to have been 100's of witnesses  was released.  This in a state where a man was recently jailed for obvious self defense.

You do not have to agree that it all seems a bit "off" to put it kindly,  but do not dare demean me by accusing me of parroting anyone's thoughts.

By TimNew - July 24, 2022, 7:21 a.m.
Like Reply

JOJ,  you get no points for stating the obvious.   I'd be interested in why you think New York's judicial system seems so incredibly fouled up.

As far as the last election, if you insist that it's as clear cut as the current discussion,  there's not much point in discussion.

By joj - July 24, 2022, 9:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim,

Your anecdotal examples of criminals attacking GOP candidates vs Democrats is not what I would call an exhaustive study that passes a stat101 smell test.  Additionally,  your anecdotal example here is no longer even a data point.  The assailant has been arrested and charged and could face up to 10 years in jail.

I should have challenged you to say that Trump should be in jail.  THAT would be the correct analogy.  I stated that a crazy liberal should be locked up.  Can you do the same about a crazy former president for committing a crime?

If you stated the above previously, given all the evidence, I missed it.  By the way, what are your news sources for the evidence presented in the current hearings.  Because you can't say the hearings are a waste of time if you haven't watched them.  ALL THE DAMNING EVIDENCE was provided in testimony by Republicans and Trump staffers.

So which side of the law are you on?

By metmike - July 24, 2022, 12:07 p.m.
Like Reply

Right Tim,

After mcfarm attacked/picked a fight with me because I didn't make the republican a  political victim in the story, which is exactly what Fox does and Hannity did Friday Night with this particular story...........I WATCHED(and showed the same video Hannity did-except I didn't make the republican a victim like he did)...........you spin it around (with your strawman) to YOU being demeaned because I made that factual connection.

So now your manufactured version is that YOU are the victim of MY so called attack.

Note again, that we have another conversion that results in me analyzing your behaviors that make it impossible to have a rational discussion with you and again, it's about  politics. 

joj continues to bring sanity to the discussion, thank you!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/87455/