Ukraine's At Risk of Losing War With Russia
10 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 11, 2022, 10:23 a.m.

Ukraine's At Risk of Losing War With Russia: Military Official

https://www.newsweek.com/ukraine-risks-losing-artillery-war-russia-vadym-skibitsky-military-intelligence-1714782

While Ukraine barrels through its ammunition and arms supplies, it is also reportedly seeing heavy daily losses in terms of manpower. An aide to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky told the BBC this week that 100 to 200 Ukrainian troops are being killed every day on the war's front line.

metmike: Whoa! Where did this come from? Doesn't make sense unless we are being fed propaganda! Of course we are!

Censoring Ukrainian generals killed            

22 responses |   

Started by metmike - May 19, 2022, 2:48 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/84618/

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85167/

So the initial narrative was the little guy was crushing Putin and his army to get people fired up with a David and Goliath story..........good and against evil and if we keep supporting the good, they can win this pretty quickly.

Tons of stories coming out that Putin is gravely sick and near death.

Now, all of a sudden we see why Putin is being such a total idiot and supposedly wasting his generals and troops and artillery, with severe economic hardships in his country from sanctions on a losing cause in Ukraine........HE'S NOT losing.

From the article:

Last month, U.S. President Joe Biden signed a $40 billion aid package for Ukraine. He also announced an additional security assistance package for the country worth $700 million on June 1. Skibitsky did not mention the U.S. aid in the interview, nor whether it is expected to make any significant impact in Ukraine's fight against Russia.

metmike: So this may not be enough money, based on this new assessment?

How is this much more important than the current, real crisis at home with the debt and economy and how do we justify sending hundreds of BILLIONS to Ukraine.  And the world doesn't need any of those Russian fossil fuels anyway...........NOT!

Keep in mind that Russia, along with China and India are NOT playing the UN's fake climate game and part of this is from that.

Charles Payne on the economy and in particular, inflation            

10 responses |             

Started by mcfarm - June 10, 2022, 1:50 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/85535/

My position is not necessarily that we should not support Ukraine. We absolutely should. The point is I detest propaganda being used to support a cause because it means there must be something about the truth that they won't tell us or it would hurt their cause and this destroys the credibility of the source for me.

You can't tell whether it's propaganda or truth.

You absolutely CAN tell the difference between propaganda and truth with climate and energy because they are based on well defined physical laws that can be applied to irrefutably obtain authentic discernment.

On Ukraine/Russian... you just have to completely trust the new sources.

Comments
By GunterK - June 11, 2022, 1:32 p.m.
Like Reply

You finally recognize that Zelensky has a powerful propaganda machine.

Here is another one …

A while back, Italy was reluctant to send arms to the Ukraine.   Ukrainian Parliamentary Commissioner for Human Rights, Lyudmila Denisova, then spoke to the Italian parliament and gave them stories about Russian soldiers in the Ukraine gang-raping young girls, mutilating and murdering them. This convinced the Italians to change their mind and support the Ukraine.  The problem was… these stories were fabricated by her.

Since then, these stories have been plastered all over the Western media and “went viral”.  After some NGOs went to the Ukraine to investigate, they could find no evidence. After the lady admitted what she did, the Ukrainian parliament finally fired her. (to save face in front of the Western world)

Don’t get me wrong…. I probably was the first person believing her stories…I grew up in post-WW2 Germany. As kids we heard stories about the soldiers of the USSR raping women, little girls and old grandmothers when they conquered Berlin.   My generation has a strong anti-USSR cognitive bias.

When I first heard about these stories from the Ukraine, my thoughts immediately went back to Berlin.  However, apparently it was nothing but propaganda.

Please watch the video below to the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZZ1EJqmBmU

PS

I see a way how Putin could end this fight soon, while still saving face in front of his people in Russia.  But that’s the subject of another post.

In the meantime, we have to worry about war-mongers turning this into WW3

By metmike - June 11, 2022, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Both sides are loaded with propaganda Gunter!

Not too different than American politics and many other things in the cognitively biased world.

People align with one party and believe their party is always right about everything and the other party is always wrong about everything.

But with one huge difference in Ukraine........

Obviously, we know who the aggressor and person/country that did the attacking unprovoked is and who the bad guy is, regardless of what the propaganda is.

There is no justifying what Putin/Russia did and what side we should be on.

I'm not believing either side because they are just saying things to generate support for their side..... but that goes especially for your Russian based propaganda that defies believability to justify the unjustifiable. 

By wglassfo - June 11, 2022, 2:30 p.m.
Like Reply

A couple unrelated items you mention MM, since you replied with two different responses I have to reply with two responses

You stated correctly Biden signing a 40 billion bill for Ukraine aid

You failed to mention that very little of this 40 billion of aid has actually reached Ukraine or the kind of aid they Ukranians need to fight Russia. The question remains,?? will 40 bullion actually reach Ukraine. So far, Biden is afraid of Putin and refuses to send heavy artillary in sufficient numbers to fight the outgunned, out of range Ukranian artillary  So far Ukraine is out numbered and out gunned  Or so the propaganda tells us, that Biden is afraid to send long distance artillary

And then like so many of your posts you have this need to bring up the climate hoax as you put it, ad nauseum

So tell me MM

I think it is factual the climate is warmer as you have said your self many times which you claim is good. We all know why you claim this warming is good for the planet

I wonder if the people suffering drought  would agree

Would the people suffering from large floods agree

Would our part of the world agree as we see rain fall in excess of normal

In other words is china who suffered massive flooding or any other parts of the world suffering abnormal weather, some flooding more than usual, agree this warming, which holds more atmosphere water and thus floods, or drought when extreme temp fails to produce rain fall just accepted normalities or is the climate really changing??

The climate has to be changing or the planet would not be more green as you have told us

I am guessing you will tell me, some how the good out weighs the bad climate change

Well golly, around these parts the excess water out weighs the good we need from normal rain fall

By GunterK - June 11, 2022, 4:19 p.m.
Like Reply

MM says:

“Both sides are loaded with propaganda Gunter!”

Absolutely…. This is what I also tried to convey a few weeks ago.  Russia has RT.com and Sputnik.com…. and Zelensky has most of the Western media as his mouth-pieces

Both sides lie… and both sides convey pieces of factual information.  Anyone who relies on only one side for information, has his mind captured.

MM further writes:

“I'm not believing either side because they are just saying things to generate support for their side..... but that goes especially for your Russian based propaganda that defies believability to justify the unjustifiable.”

“….especially for your Russian based propaganda that defies believability….”!!!!

Is this response to my post coming from a biased/captured mind, or what??

As should be obvious to anybody… this video is not Russian propaganda.  The video quotes Newsweek as their source (and, I believe, Newsweek is far enough to the Left to be accepted here on this forum), and, furthermore, the story about her lying and firing was published by Ukrainian news sources.

… and you call it Russian propaganda and this makes this video unbelievable?

Contrary, how you have tried to describe me…. I am not a friend of Russia. I see Putin as a former KGB agent, and I was brought up to despise the KGB.  I am not promoting Russian propaganda.  I have never condoned Russia’s invasion of the Ukraine.

However, because of where and when I grew up, I may know some things about the Ukraine that many young MSM readers may not know.  And I have done a lot of studying about the modern history of this country. (but that’s beyond the scope of this discussion)

It is obvious that Putin needed the Ukraine to be a neutral buffer between Russia and NATO…. However, he should have never invaded the Ukraine… this was a recipe for disaster and brought the world on the brink of nuclear Armageddon

By metmike - June 12, 2022, 1:07 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne,

Was there supposed to be a question embedded somewhere in there?

All I got was points.

By metmike - June 12, 2022, 1:22 a.m.
Like Reply

Gunter,

Why do you continually bs to excuse/justify what you did previously after you got busted?

It's all documented. Do you think that I will suddenly come down with a memory lapse and think that you didn't do what you did or are you so pathological from having your brain captured by Info Wars and similar extremely dishonest far right sources that this is just the product of/expected type of behavior that people who go to places like that  learn and incorporate into themselves., then express with no personal accountability for telling the truth?

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83409/#83459

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/83409/#83461

By GunterK - June 12, 2022, 5 p.m.
Like Reply

Thank you, MM

I am not surprised…

You totally ignore my contribution to this thread.. the video about Lyudmila Denisova.

She is/was a high-ranking official in the Ukrainian government and is an admitted liar.  Her lies were spread by the Ukrainian propaganda machine throughout the world and have contributed to intensify the war in the Ukraine

Contrary to what you write, there is no mention of infowars or any other far-right source in this video or in my post…. Just the opposite… the sources are Newsweek and the Ukrainian government itself.

There is no pro-Russian propaganda in my post.

This video, and the data mentioned in your original post, are making it more and more obvious that the Western world has been misled by Zelensky’s propaganda machine (there are other issues about the Ukraine that are now bothering some in the western world… but that’s another subject)

The reason for not accepting this video for what it is, and for your negative response to my post, is that it messes up your cognitive bias, …. so you result to attacking the messenger (which is nothing new)

I’m done…. Y’all have a nice day.

By metmike - June 12, 2022, 5:31 p.m.
Like Reply

You have a wonderful day too Gunter!

Some great  advice for you if you want to come back And not be challenged.

Try not to post almost exclusively on topics where, in the past you repeatedly expressed extreme views based on propaganda and conspiracy theories.

Try not to pretend you didn’t do it hundreds of times in the past, while using the new post to  cover/defend old posts that got you confronted.

By metmike - June 13, 2022, 2:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Is Vladimir Putin dead?

What the persistent rumours about the Russian president’s health do and do not tell us about the country’s future.

https://www.newstatesman.com/world/europe/ukraine/2022/06/is-vladimir-putin-dead

Vladimir Putin is dying from blood cancer. Or thyroid cancer. Or maybe abdominal cancer. No, it is Parkinson’s. He has dementia. He is losing his sight. His limbs are “shaking uncontrollably”. On any given day, depending which news outlets you believe, the Russian president is terminally ill with any number of different diseases. Or perhaps, as several British tabloids have suggested recently, he is already dead. 

Citing an unnamed intelligence source at the UK’s Secret Intelligence Service MI6, the Daily Star reported on 28 May that Putin was “very ill”, possibly “already dead”, with the Kremlin using lookalikes to conceal his demise. Not to be outdone, the Sunday Mirror followed up the next day with its own wholly unverified assertions under the headline, “Vladimir Putin may already be dead with body double taking his place, MI6 chiefs claim.”  

The rumours about Putin’s decline spread so far and so fast that Russia’s foreign minister Sergei Lavrov was forced to deny them during an interview with the French television channel TF1. “President Vladimir Putin makes public appearances on a daily basis,” Lavrov said, according to the Russian news agency Tass. “You can see him on TV screens, read and listen to his speeches. I don’t think that a sane person can suspect any signs of an illness or ailment in this man.”

To be clear, there is no verifiable evidence that Putin is seriously ill. Still less so that he is dead. The unnamed sources who are quoted in these articles do not offer definitive proof, perhaps unsurprisingly given the secrecy surrounding the president’s health and security. Instead, they rely largely on rumours swirling within the intelligence community and the old Soviet-era practice of Kremlinology, in which analysts scrutinise the leader’s public appearances for signs of physical decline and clues as to who might be in favour or out, in the absence of reliable information.

metmike: Can't believe anything about Russia or Ukraine but we know for certain that Putin is the bad guy.

By metmike - June 16, 2022, 1:38 p.m.
Like Reply

More mindless speculation about Putin's health and mindset intended to base manufactured narratives on. 

This defines our world today.

Make up convincing sounding things using speculative, unreliable evidence and sell it to your viewers/readers.

There are numerous different agendas in numerous different realms and the best way to maximize the selling of your agenda is to capitalize on this proven effective strategy.

Expert claims Vladimir Putin has started 'embalming himself' as he heavily hits Botox

A defence and security analysis said the Russian President is a "hypochondriac" who travels with a team of doctors as he approaches his 70th birthday

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/world-news/expert-claims-vladimir-putin-started-27244060