USD
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - July 23, 2018, 5:23 p.m.

Seems like Trump really wants lower USD

If so

Is lower USD inflationary

I would think so

Our 75 cent loonie is inflationary

What will the folks think when prices are higher at Wall Mart etc.

Comments
Re: USD
0 likes
By Richard - July 23, 2018, 9:36 p.m.
Like Reply

The Chinese have been devaluing there currency to offset the tariffs. This should stop. The USD could drop to where it was 3 months ago and nobody on main street will even notice.  

0 likes
By cutworm - July 23, 2018, 9:54 p.m.
Like Reply

Since April the $ index has been rising not falling. 

Re: Re: USD
0 likes
By metmike - July 23, 2018, 10:04 p.m.
Like Reply

cutworm is right

Re: Re: Re: USD
0 likes
By Richard - July 23, 2018, 10:24 p.m.
Like Reply

I SAID 

The USD could drop to where it was 3 months ago

IF THE USD HAS BEEN RISING, THEN IT NEEDS TO DROP TO GO BACK TO WHERE IT WAS 3 MONTHS AGO. WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM????????

0 likes
By GunterK - July 23, 2018, 11:29 p.m.
Like Reply

to me, the DX chart looks a bit toppie The next 3-4 days should give us a better clue.

From a fundamental basis, the Dollar is very vulnerable. We shouldn't be in any trade war, with any country, IMHO. The most dangerous country to mess around with is China. (see the link posted under the subject "beyond the trade war with China"

By metmike - July 23, 2018, 11:38 p.m.
Like Reply

Richard,

I thought that cutworm was directing his comment towards Wayne, who's opening sentence was :

Seems like Trump really wants lower USD

By Richard - July 24, 2018, 7:13 a.m.
Like Reply

Oh. Sorry. Trump tweeted a few days ago that he thought that the USD rally was too much.

By cutworm - July 24, 2018, 1:23 p.m.
Like Reply

I hope you would understand that I try not to direct remarks AT anyone but as an opinion or as I see it a fact about the conversation. My opinion is not worth any more than some one else. But I do retain the right to express a different opinion. Hopefully I don't insult any one in the process. 

By cutworm - July 24, 2018, 1:36 p.m.
Like Reply

For the record I think

Weak $ is inflationary

We should or could have a better idea about the direction of the $ in the coming days

I operate on the premise that the high in gold in late 2011 will not be breached for another decade.

Gold will break the $1000 mark before it breaks the 2011 high

The next LONG term item will be raising interest rates

By metmike - July 24, 2018, 1:37 p.m.
Like Reply

cutworm,

That's exactly how I take all of your remarks...........much appreciated too. 

USD
0 likes
By Richard - July 24, 2018, 6:35 p.m.
Like Reply

No problem, it is all good. As far as where is gold going. I am flat. There was a time when I was very good at trading gold but the past couple months has been an experience. All the patterns I would trade off of, no longer work. I have no idea what is going on other then manipulation by the Chinese and other central banks. We may have USD strength but after 2020, that is going away with a rise in oil that I see. The period of 2018 to 2028 is shaping up to be a lot like 1998 to 2008, so by 2021 could be like 2001, then oil should really be taking off. People did not see $100 oil in 1998 and said that $100 oil would crash the economy. Well it did eventually but oil still went above $100, just like it will go to $350. If gold goes down for 10 more years, we may have a gold oil ratio of 2 -1, with $700 gold and $350 oil. That would be nice to see but who cares what happens in 10 years. Right now gold is a dog.