THC and CBD
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 26, 2022, 8:58 p.m.

Michigan legalized marijuana last November and we've been buying topicals for my 87 year old mother in law to apply to treat her massive pain issues.

Last December, we had my youngest son, the weed expert in the family pick a product.

My mother in law got tremendous benefits but as it turns out, it didn't even have any CBD in it and was almost all THC.

I also have severe pain in many places on my body but have some good prescription meds that help with that. 

So I'll just share a few of the emails that I sent to the rest of my family, some of which, in sharing the same genetics, also have pain/inflammation issues.

Mikempt will LOVE this thread.

I'm looking forward to your comments Mike!

Comments
Re: THC and CBD
0 likes
By metmike - March 26, 2022, 9:10 p.m.
Like Reply

THC vs. CBD for Pain Relief: What’s Better?

If you have arthritis or other chronic pain, you might be wondering whether THC or CBD is better. They’re both found in cannabis plants but are very different compounds.

https://creakyjoints.org/alternative-medicine/thc-vs-cbd-for-pain-relief/

What to Expect In The First Month Taking CBD Oil

https://303magazine.com/2020/04/first-time-cbd-oil/

If you’re thinking of taking CBD, you’ll be entering an exciting world of benefits backed by science and appreciated by millions of users on a daily basis. CBD is a naturally-occurring compound found in the cannabis plant, but don’t let that fool you; CBD doesn’t produce a high and comes from a strain of cannabis called hemp, which contains very low concentrations of THC.

Whether you want to take CBD oil for pain management, anxiety, post-workout, or better sleep, you’ll probably want to know what you can expect when you first introduce it into your health regimen. Here, we’ll cover what might occur within the first 30 days, how to navigate it, and when to expect real results.

By metmike - March 26, 2022, 9:15 p.m.
Like Reply

My sister: "So this is one powerful balm"

Yes, I shopped around and the 2nd most powerful product that I could find had/has half as much of the good stuff in it!

At $75/ 3 ounces, it may seem pricey(I got their senior citizens discount and had to pay taxes, so it came out to $83/jar) but when considering

the amount of THC/CBD per dollar, it was easily the best value.

I'm actually puzzled that this product has so much THC/CBD.

They sell it at the flower bowl on Michigan, between Inkster and Middlebelt.  Interestingly, I called the flower bowl on Monday and asked about all their most potent products to apply on the skin with the most amount of THC/CBD for pain/inflammation.  The lady left me on hold several times to pass on my questions to others there but she never mentioned The Truth.

(youngest son) told me to not go there because he had checked it out in December(he went to a bunch of them for the experience and to shop around) and said it's in a crappy neighborhood and the inside is not a high class operation. He told me that if I went there, I would be turned off with my first experience at a dispensary.

He's definitely an expert on this in some ways and he likes to go there for the experience, apparently.

So  I read a little to understand this field and decided to call as many stores as I could and ask them questions, taking notes on their answers.

The place where (youngest son) bought the stuff that (mother in law) has been using for 3 months and loves is in Ferndale.  My 2nd call was to that place. They no longer carry it or at least the person on the phone could not find it. I was starting to get concerned that people on the other end of the phone had no idea what they were selling and what their products do.

After they would tell me about their best product, the first 2 places would suddenly find a better one, then another better one.

My 3rd call was to THC Detroit on Warren Ave just east of Evergreen. All the other places had young people(that didn't seem knowledgeable)  on the other end of the phone but THC Detroit had an older lady that wasn't putting me on hold for a couple of minutes after each question, so they could ask somebody else there.

I made it clear to her what we wanted:

1. topical
  2. Max THC and CBD for pain/inflammation
  3. Cost didn't matter

I would guess that a vast, vast majority of their business is to sell edibles for young people to get high and that was NOT me/us.

So she told me what their best product was but said what I really wanted was a product called "The Truth" sold at their other store, The Flower Bowl.

She told me what was in it and the cost and I said, "that can't be right, I talked to somebody from the Flower Bowl yesterday for 20+ minutes and they never said a word about this product.

She called The Flower Bowl to make sure they had it and called me back.  I was grateful but this seemed odd, so I called the Flower Bowl and they verified that they had it.

The Truth is in a league of its own for the amount of THC/CBD and we live almost 500 miles away,  so I wanted to stock up on it for Shirley and possibly Deb and I. However, I was still dumb enough about this industry that there might be something I was overlooking, so I only got 2 of them at first.

I could test it out on Wed and Thu and have (sister) test it, then decide whether to get another one or not.

(sister) had the pvc's when using it which might be a negative but it told me there must be alot of the THC and CBD in it to cause her heart to react that way. I took a fairly big dose and didn't have any negative reactions and my shoulders felt better and reading more, realize that now, the CBD takes weeks to work.

After testing it twice, I felt comfortable enough to buy 2 more yesterday,  for a total of 4, with hopes that (sister/husband) would use one of them as a gift. We have 3 in Evansville. (a different sister) when you come in, you can try this out too via (sister/husband)'s jar!

Wife  just went to (her mom's) with her jar of The Truth but hasn't tried it. The only place she uses it is on her back. An 8 inch  4 inch area. She's going to start small, a dime sized area.

(sister), a half dollar sized area that you used  the first time is huge for this product. And you got it figured out the 2nd time.

I started with a dime size, then added another dose that size, then another one after making sure the earlier ones didn't cause an adverse reactions.

https://www.leafly.com/strains/the-truth

The Truth aka Truth, Truth OG Weed Strain Information - Leafly
The Truth by True Canna Genetics is a rare indica-dominant strain that crosses Triangle Kush with a SFV OG and a backcrossed Chemdawg hybrid. Its heavy painkilling properties are accented by an ...
www.leafly.com

https://wayofleaf.com/cannabis/strains/the-truth-strain

The Truth Strain | In-Depth Marijuana Strain Review - WayofLeaf
The Truth strain is a slightly sativa leaning hybrid that provides a fantastic combination of a calming high and a boost in energy. Users can try it for fatigue because it could help increase productivity for a short period.
wayofleaf.com

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2021/06/15/marijuana/paul-pierce-launch-truth-marijuana-brand-massachusetts/

Paul Pierce to launch ‘Truth’ marijuana brand in Massachusetts - The Boston Globe
Lost in the tabloid noise, Pierce said, is the truth about his relationship with cannabis: The drug helped save his career in the aftermath of a vicious stabbing at a Boston nightclub in September ...
www.bostonglobe.com

This site below, sells seeds and gives advice on how to grow weed:

https://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/strains/the-truth/

The Truth Cannabis Strain Information & Review - ILGM
There are a lot of potent cannabis that is widely available in the market. Hence, it can be a challenge when choosing what to use. For that reason, some people opt to go with a hybrid that has made a name for itself.
www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com
Re: THC and CBD
0 likes
By hayman - March 29, 2022, 9:21 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - March 29, 2022, 12:36 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - March 29, 2022, 1:11 p.m.
Like Reply

hayman,

I would like to share with you a few things that I learned the last year on cancers.

Please scroll down for more on the science!

I've been on prednisone, an immunosuppresant for 28 years and it weakend my immune system in my skin. I also had numerous blistering sunburns as a youngster and laid out in the sun every Summer. My skin makes me look 10 years older than I am from being a sun worshipper and severely damaging the DNA of my skin which makes it unable to fight off cancer invasions as well as healthy DNA. 

In the last 15 months, I've had 15 non melanoma skin cancers(basil cell and squamous cell). 

After the first 10, over a year ago I realized that I better chance something really fast or I won't be around much longer.

In 2017, I also had a well developed serrated adenoma polyp on the base of my secum in my colon that was destined to be colon cancer(they have me getting colonoscopies every 3 years because I'm so high risk.

None of my doctors had any suggestions on treatments, so I decided if I didn't find something helpful, my limited time in this body was going to be extremely limited.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Most of us know by now that the HPV is responsible for certain cancers. That's why they recommend that everybody under 45 get the vaccine, especially if they haven't had those cancers yet.

However, the FDA does not approve  this vaccine for people over 45.

I found several reports of a strong connection between the HPV and non melanoma skin cancers, just like mine. 

Also, the tops of both of my hands have been completely covered in flat warts for 20 years. This IS the HPV! So I was convinced my skin/body is systemically infected with massive amounts of HPV.

I tried everything under the sun to get rid of those warts. Ripping/cutting them off myself, left big scabs for 2 weeks but they would just come back.

I read a couple of reports on how getting the HPV vaccine actually cured the skin cancers and my massive wart problem told me for sure that my skin was full of HPV.

So I asked the dermatologist to write a script for the HPV vaccine. No way, he said I should get my family doctor to do it.

The family doctor said, no way because skin cancer is caused from too much sun, not the HPV. I told him to read up on it and gave him some clues. 

The 2nd time asking the dermo doctor, he said no way because the FDA doesn't approve it and insurance would not cover it and it might not be able to be filled because of my age.

The 2nd time with the family doctor, after he read more, said that he agreed with me that it might work but said no way to a script, that the dermo doctor should write it.

The 3rd time with the dermo doctor, after he found 5 more skin cancers in 6 months and I insisted (I helped him and his son with some chess stuff and maybe he felt like doing me a favor) he finally agreed.

At the pharmacy, the insurance company was going to pay entirely.......FREE! Because they realize a cheap vaccine that prevents extremely expensive cancer treatments is  a smart policy. 

But the pharmacy would not admister the shot because it wasn't FDA approved for skin cancer, flat warts or for anybody over 45.

I appealed.........and won.

I get 3 shots. The first was in Jan, 2nd one in Feb and the 3rd will be in June.

So it's been 2 months since the first shot.

For the first time in 20 years, the flat warts on my hands are vanishing. I would say that 50-60% of the area with warts is now clear of warts.

I dropped my prednisone dose down too in order to allow my immune system to be act with a bit more gusto, so that could have been a factor and I also learned a couple of other things related to this that I'll share on the next couple of pages.

By metmike - March 29, 2022, 1:20 p.m.
Like Reply

Everybody should be getting the HPV vaccine, no matter what you age is or what your current condition is. 

My dermo doctor, who finally wrote me a script for it had done some research and agreed with me on thinking it could help with my many skin cancers and hundreds of flat wart......said that it will take years for the FDA to have all the studies to confirm the needed documentation to authorize it but in 5 years, that will be the advice from the entire medical community..........even while people getting HPV caused cancers die because those cancers are not on the current list.

Another thing I learned.

Take this supplement if you want to reduce and treat skin cancers!

Oral Nicotinamide Prevents Common Skin Cancers in High-Risk Patients, Reduces Costs

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4570055/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/26488693/

https://www.spotcheck.clinic/treatments/vitamin-b3-tablets

By metmike - March 29, 2022, 1:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Another item that I learned relates to NSAID drugs.

I don't have time to go into more details and my usual long winded dissertation but will just post some links.

Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug use and risk of adenomatous and hyperplastic polyps       

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21764857/

Adenomatous polyps are known precursor lesions for colorectal cancer

The use of any NSAID regardless of type was associated with a reduced risk of adenomatous polyps; however, regular aspirin and COX-2 inhibitors use was not associated with hyperplastic polyp risk

By hayman - April 2, 2022, 5:46 a.m.
Like Reply
By mcfarm - April 2, 2022, 7:37 a.m.
Like Reply

MM, I realize there are different warts but a common cure for the common wart is just to find milk weed. Break the stem and smear the milk on the wart. Wart will be gone shortly. Works really well but your case my vary.

By metmike - April 2, 2022, 10:52 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarm!

I always wondered why Monarch Butterflies never have warts (-:

Milkweed Juice Banished Warts

https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/articles/milkweed-juice-banished-warts

In my case, the warts likely would have come right back because my skin is/was infiltrated with HPV.

Everything You Should Know About Flat Warts

https://www.healthline.com/health/skin-disorders/flat-warts

HPV and Cancer

https://www.cancer.gov/about-cancer/causes-prevention/risk/infectious-agents/hpv-and-cancer

My back was almost completely covered in these below-numerous ones have turned cancerous and been cut out the past 15 months but they are clearing up(as well as the flat warts covering both hands) since I got the HPV vaccine!!!!!

I've had 15 different non melanoma skin cancers in the past 15 months. I'm very hopeful that will also improve also  and in fact, is the main reason for what led me to this discovery. ....jumping thru some extreme hoops to get the HPV vaccine for somebody my age. 

Actinic Keratosis (A Precancerous Condition)

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/health/conditions-and-diseases/actinic-keratosis

By metmike - April 2, 2022, 9:36 p.m.
Like Reply

My younger brother asked this:

I wonder why the actinic keratoses would be going away.

This was actually the main reason that I almost had to hit the doctors over the head to get a script for the HPV vaccine!

I have tremendous damage to the DNA of my skin from severe sunburns that can't be repaired but almost nobody that has damage like this  gets 15 skin cancers in 15 months and has their backs covered in AK.      

There are other factors. One of them is the HPV.

Everybody with a high level of HPV in their skin doesn't have this happen to them either. You need the DNA to be severely damaged (from the sun) so that the skin is unable to repair itself when the HPV triggers or accelerates abnormal growth in cells.

The next level of development after the AK's have evolved and  the skin is unable to repair itself, with the HPV continuing to foster and feed abnormal growth in the cells is that they become cancerous.

Flat warts, we know with absolute certainty ARE from the HPV.

It appears as if the HPV vaccine is greatly increasing my bodies production of HPV fighting  antibodies. This is what was hoped for and to some extent, expected. This is what vaccines do.

Reducing or even eliminating the excessive amounts of HPV in my body/skin is killing off the hundreds of flat warts on the tops of my hands and at the same time, allowing my  DNA damaged skin to repair itself because its stopping the contribution of abnormal growth caused by the HPV.

This won't stop all cancers forever but its reigning in abnormal growth to a level thats LESS THAN what my body can overcome.

So the AK's are being defeated by natural mechanisms that  are repairing the skin, faster than the abnormal growth from the HPV dynamic.

My DNA damaged skin is still compromised from the permanent sun damage but still has enough repairing ability  and heath to function ok in the absence of the HPV's debilitating additive effect.

From the link that I sent earlier(to him):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5537679/

Molecular Mechanisms of Human Papillomavirus Induced Skin Carcinogenesis
Infection of the cutaneous skin with human papillomaviruses (HPV) of genus betapapillomavirus (βHPV) is associated with the development of premalignant actinic keratoses and squamous cell carcinoma. Due to the higher viral loads of βHPVs ...
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov