Physical Gold
4 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - Jan. 7, 2022, 10:11 p.m.

Most gold bugs assume physical gold will de-couple from paper gold

Gold bugs assume with some inner gut justification that paper gold must/is being manipulated

Gold bugs have numerous reasons to justify ownership of physical. Too many to post on this thread

The best reason I saw for gold bugs to own gold was this:

How many owners of physical gold are selling???

Scrap jewelry, estate holdings etc. might sell but I think that must be a small % of physical gold

Comments
By metmike - Jan. 8, 2022, 2:33 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Wayne!

By bear - Jan. 17, 2022, 2:49 p.m.
Like Reply

here are a couple types...

for example,  i had a great uncle who accumulated silver.  he like old silver halves.  mostly franklin, and walking liberty halves.  but he also had lots of old silver quarters.  when he died, my  great aunt sold it all.  she used the money to buy a new piano for her church.  (she was the piano player for the church).   she did not need the money, but is happy to have a new piano for the church.  (she never asked... is silver high or low at this moment).  

this is one type,... the widow who wants to buy something instead of letting it ride.  

another type...  the middle age or younger (20's to 40's) person who is poorer, working class.  a parent or grandparent dies, and the younger person takes a bunch of random coins from the collection they inherited, and sell it at the local coin shop.   this gives them some temporary relief.  once it is gone they go back to their old habits or spending too much on beer, cigs, drugs, etc... and not being able to pay their power bill.  

By bear - Jan. 18, 2022, 12:28 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2022-01-18/Monday-s-Charts-for-Gold-Silver-and-Platinum-and-Palladium-Jan-18.html

since august, we have a H&S in gold.  working on the right shoulder now.  will we break up or down?  

By metmike - Jan. 18, 2022, 2:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks bear!