Gold and Oil
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by Richard - July 15, 2018, 2:08 p.m.

It seems to me for this coming week, that Gold should rise and oil should decline. I noticed this pattern a few weeks ago and I should have been more patient with going long gold. I definitely was early this year in my buying and I definitely learned some things about the markets that I did not fully grasp. It will be worth it all if I do better in the future. The move in oil to $75 was a Classic Goldman Sacks Pump and now we are going to have the Dump. How low do we go in oil? Well obviously each person reading this knows, something I am spot on and sometimes I am in left field by myself, but I am still thinking at least $60. 

Oh, one more thing. I am thinking that the USD also peaked and should go down into year end.

Comments
By Richard - July 15, 2018, 8:34 p.m.
Like Reply

Gold is up slightly right now and looking promising, but I decided after reading the article on the Chinese that if gold closes below Friday's close and in particular closes below Friday's low, then I am out and out for an extended period of time. If gold is headed to $1215 or what ever, I will respect this until I understand things better. 

By MarkB - July 16, 2018, 12:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Based on the same article, I am also reevaluating my take on positions in currencies. Since the price of golsd also has an influence on the price of currencies. Interesting concepts.

By metmike - July 16, 2018, 11:16 a.m.
Like Reply

Crude down sharply again today........looking more and more like the "short term" top is in.

Crude 3 month chart

Crude1year chart below

Crude 5 year chart below

Crude10 year chart below

By metmike - July 16, 2018, 11:18 a.m.
Like Reply

Gold Charts. Down close to 1 year lows. Just below Jan 2018 lows.

Gold 3 month:                

Gold 1 year below

Gold 5 years below                

Gold 10 years below                

By metmike - July 17, 2018, 1:53 p.m.
Like Reply

Gold getting hammered today. Breaking out below the significant lows from a year ago!

Last price for August Gold 1230.8 down 11.4.

Crude stablizing after the recent plunge and ahead of the EIA report tomorrow(AGA this afternoon)