Pelosi rejects Jordan/Banks for Jan. 6 committee
18 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - July 21, 2021, 1:28 p.m.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/564122-pelosi-rejects-jordan-banks-for-jan-6-committee

Both GOP lawmakers are staunch allies of former President Trump, and both had voted in January against certifying President Biden's election victory.

In a statement, Pelosi said Democrats in her caucus had raised specific objections to Jordan and Banks "and the impact their appointments may have on the integrity of the investigation."

“With respect for the integrity of the investigation, with an insistence on the truth and with concern about statements made and actions taken by these Members, I must reject the recommendations of Representatives Banks and Jordan to the Select Committee," she said.

She did not specify what statements and actions she was referring to.

Jordan and Banks were part of a group of five GOP lawmakers nominated by House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) to serve on the 13-member select committee. But the language of the resolution gave Pelosi veto power over the Republican selections.

Comments
By metmike - July 21, 2021, 1:45 p.m.
Like Reply

Pelosi rejects Trump allies from Jan. 6 panel, casting doubt on its impartiality

https://nypost.com/2021/07/21/nancy-pelosi-rejects-trump-allies-from-jan-6-capitol-riot-panel/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=1200200

metmike: What's ironic is the republicans are trying to stop the democrats from their attempts to beat the dead Jan 6 horse until eternity because its such a powerful political tool for the democrats................and every republican knows that this is what its all about.....................while the republicans vigorously embrace and push the Jan 6th message themselves,  about the election steal and fake election fraud...............as actually defining their party in 2021......while embracing the guy behind it........Trump.

It's like we have 2 fights going on here, both using the same topic/issue(election fraud/steal).

1. The democrats against the republicans

2. The republicans against the republicans

The election steal position has been a massively losing/embarrassing  position for the republicans. Non Trump hypnotized people are so disgusted that they are quitting the party in droves.

Doubling and tripling and quadrupling down on it, insisting there was widespread fraud after 8 months of finding the least amount of fraud in a long time with the MOST amount of investigations is plenty long enough to understand that this is never going to suddenly do, what the extreme right sites promise it will do.............based on lies and speculation.

Republicans................go back to the truth. It has served you well in the past!!!!

By metmike - July 21, 2021, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply
By mcfarmer - July 21, 2021, 3:02 p.m.
Like Reply

They were a poison pill, put there because it was known they would be rejected, then he could pull everyone out and frame  it as a partisan investigation.

I think she should have accepted them, put their antics on display.

By mcfarm - July 21, 2021, 3:48 p.m.
Like Reply

that comment right there just show what you really know about Jim Jordan. This is opposed to what the left wing has spread to you til you are more blind than before. Study a bit about Jordan and you, if you drop your bias for a second, will be impressed. Most anyone would be who gave him a fair look.

By mcfarmer - July 21, 2021, 4:39 p.m.
Like Reply

My knowledge of Jim Jordan has no relevance to  my statement.

Are you familiar with the term “poison pill” ?

The dictionary is your friend.

By mcfarm - July 21, 2021, 6:03 p.m.
Like Reply

my point was that if you or anyone else on the left was proponent of the truth you would be lucky to have Jim Jordan on your side. You would find people like that for your "committee", not run from them because they happen to be conservative. You want to talk antics. Nancy Pelosi of all people judging others speech, oh my. She should drop the antics, grab whatever good people she can find as they are getting fewer and fewer in congress these days.

By TimNew - July 22, 2021, 4:32 a.m.
Like Reply

Here's the flaw in your thinking McFarm.

Pelosi's probe has never been about the truth.

There is a DOJ investigation.  There is an FBI investigation. There has been a house and senate investigation. There are, or have been 400 or so individual criminal investigations.

The events of Jan 6th  are even more scrutinized than the Trump familiy and friends. Very probably the most investigated day in history, with the possible exception of the JFK assasination.

This is political theater and people like Jordan might spoil the story line.

By mcfarm - July 22, 2021, 6:34 a.m.
Like Reply

Tim, in my defense, I did say "If they were a proponent of the truth" which is like saying I might read an actual fact in the NY Times tomorrow

By mcfarmer - July 22, 2021, 8:02 a.m.
Like Reply

I imagine you all thought the same with the over thirty congressional investigations of Hillary Clinton during the campaign. 

Yeah, thought so.

By TimNew - July 22, 2021, 9:10 a.m.
Like Reply

Over 30?   Your memory is better than mine..       This discussion is about the current multitude (Hundreds) of investigations into Jan 6th including the current, and quite obvious, political theater.

But your need to deflect is entertaining.

By metmike - July 22, 2021, 11:50 a.m.
Like Reply

"I imagine you all thought the same with the over thirty congressional investigations of Hillary Clinton during the campaign."

Ouch mcfarmer.............exactly wrong example because she is the quintessential example of the DOJ and Intel bias in covering up her crimes. They DID that with absolute certainty based on rock solid facts, not on completely manufactured realities..........that were dumped on us by the gatekeepers that disseminate the information(including the MSM) colluding with those sources.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/24648/#24660

By metmike - July 22, 2021, 12:14 p.m.
Like Reply

This was actually just 1 example of it taking place for numerous years and dominating the Trump years, with the corrupt Mueller investigation being the real quintessential example on steroids. 

That's EXACTLY why it was so easy to convince the republicans that the election was stolen.

After witnessing all this REAL, off the charts corruption from forces colluding to obliterate Trump for over 4 years, it's was a piece of cake to  tell them that the election loss was just another example of the exact same thing.

If I had no rock solid facts about the real election and only knew what they did to Trump for all that time and thought the same people were in charge of the election, I would also think it was stolen from him.

But it was NOT the same people. Those same people could NOT have intervened in the election day results. The facts are super duper, crystal clear that Biden did NOT steal the election and could NOT have done it even if that side had tried.

Regardless of that,  just as Trump was a target because he was such a threat to the life long unelected bureaucrats that thrive on big government(swamp)......Clinton was protected because she was job security to them. 

By mcfarmer - July 22, 2021, 1:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Pointing out hypocrisy is not deflection.

By TimNew - July 22, 2021, 1:30 p.m.
Like Reply

Ahh,  OK.   How did you feel about the "over 30" investigations of Hillary?

BTW,  there was no where near 30, let alone over 30.    But that's another debate.    

By mcfarmer - July 22, 2021, 1:35 p.m.
Like Reply

“Ouch mcfarmer.............exactly wrong example because she is the quintessential example of the DOJ and Intel bias in covering up her crimes. They DID that with absolute certainty based on rock solid facts, not on completely manufactured realities..........that were dumped on us by the gatekeepers that disseminate the information(including the MSM) colluding with those sources.”

Whatever crimes you are referring to were committed in jurisdictions, yes ? None of the authorities in these various jurisdictions saw fit to investigate and prosecute ?

Four years of Trump administration DOJ found nothing?

I find it hard to believe the Clintons after all these years hold such sway with law enforcement. 

Plenty of folks, law enforcement and media, would be able to make their careers if they could pin something on them, hasn’t happened. Don't think it will.

I personally have no idea if they were up to any wrong doing, but just looking at the absence of enforcement tells me nothing can be found. Surely if something was found it would have been put forward in court by someone. Now, the absence of proof doesn’t mean innocence but it certainly casts doubt of guilt.

I really don’t concern myself much with the Clinton’s. 

By metmike - July 22, 2021, 3:44 p.m.
Like Reply

I'm just showing that one incident, where the DOJ gave her a free pass on the crimes in their investigation............some related to her emails(10s of thousands that she completely destroyed.........saying they were "personal" and they accepted that-which should have been a crime in itself)

A close insider that knew about the arrangement meeting(whistle blower) tipped off a Phoenix tv station reporter. Lynch and Clinton were to discuss the arrangement under which the justice department would clear Hillary of her crimes.

There several pages more than what I just provided but the evidence is irrefutable. 

Bill and Loretta insisted it was a "chance encounter" and talked about things like grandchildren and Bill golf game, which supposedly is why he came to Phoenix........yeah right. An older man always like to travel to a place to golf to enjoy the heat......where the daytime highs that week were 110 degrees. 

And somehow, a Phoenix tv station and his source had ESP, knowing hours ahead of time what Lynch and Clinton did not supposedly know........that they would, by sheer coincidence,  cross paths on the tarmac and Bill would go into Loretta's plane for 25 minutes to talk about grandkids and the golf he didn't play.

On most of the Clinton conspiracy theories, I think they are made up.

On the cattle futures...................I know exactly what happened and they DID get away with taking a $100,000 bribe with 100% certainty!!

Here's the proof:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62320/#62326

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62320/#62327

By mcfarmer - July 22, 2021, 5:09 p.m.
Like Reply

The DOJ under Trump had four years to do something, I’m sure they were pressured hugely to find something and prosecute. 

The fact that nothing was done is good enough for me. 

Why wasn’t there prosecution under Trump ?

By metmike - July 22, 2021, 5:41 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks mcfarmer!

All I can do is present the actual facts of what happened and not speculate why Tom, Dick and Harry did or did not respond to it a certain way.

Lack of action or action by people we know are very political doesn't mean squat to me..............just the facts Ma'am! 

Just the facts ma'am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj6UEQoXHSo

just the facts ma'am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4LPkmGO5Cc

Dragnet 1954 Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytp58JuiwGA