Bill Cosby
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - June 30, 2021, 8:42 p.m.

Seems Bill Cosby will be released from prison shortly

Comments
Re: Bill Cosby
0 likes
By metmike - June 30, 2021, 10:57 p.m.
Like Reply

Funny some of the statements from people on this defending him, claiming justice was serviced because the truth came out.

That's exactly what DIDN'T happen.

He got off because of a technicality and mistake made by the prosecution years ago, along with some good, high priced attorneys that took it to a higher court...........and now the statute of limitations has run out on most of the many dozens of  crimes he committed.

Bill Cosby’s prison release a ‘beautiful day’ for women, rep says

https://nypost.com/2021/06/30/bill-cosby-rep-calls-his-prison-release-a-beautiful-day-for-women/?utm_source=browser&utm_medium=push-notification&utm_campaign=bill-cosby-rep-calls-his-prison-release-a-beautiful-day-for-women

metmike: Give me a break. Many dozens of women came forward with the exact same story of how he lured them in .........when they were star struck by him, then he drugged them and raped them. He did this and everybody looking objectively at the evidence can be certain.

However, I think he's paid a  price. His reputation before we found out about this was at the very top for people in the world. He was admired by almost everybody, including metmike.

Then we found out that he led a secret life as a sexual predator for dozens of years.

Now he is reputation is in the toilet...........forever. That alone is the highest price that anybody in his circle could pay.

He knows that after he dies, in many minds he will be known as the sexual predator instead of one of the funniest comedians in history or America's dad.

He was convicted in a court of law based on the evidence and they had many times the evidence for it to be convincing. He did spend the last 2 years serving a 3-10 year sentence and usually people only have to serve half that time but I'm not sure what the sentencing judge decided for Cosby. So he basically served his time and the main positive about this for him is that he and his supporters can claim that this exonerates him for being wrongfully convicted for crimes that he never committed............. but that's NOT what happened.

I'm sure he'll be surrounded by people that all tell him this and nothing but nice things but people knowing the facts, all know he did it.................all of it.

This is not like OJ for anybody that thinks Cosby got off.

Cosby is a very old man. Let him life the rest of his life in peace.

The only really, really sad thing is many of  the women that he raped feeling like he got away with it....and other victims of rape. Hopefully they will interpret it like was stated above and realize that justice was (mostly)served.

By metmike - June 30, 2021, 11:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Bill Cosby Is Walking Free Due to a Technicality

He served two years after being found guilty of sexual assault.

By Kathleen Walsh 

Jun 30, 2021 @ 3:33 pm

https://www.instyle.com/celebrity/bill-cosby-released-from-prison

"It should be noted that of the 60 women who have come forward and publicly accused Cosby of sexually assaulting them, only one received justice in court. And the statute of limitations, 12 years, has run out on every single other case.   

Cosby's conviction being overturned is a wrenching, painful blow and cruel irony to every person who has ever been sexually assaulted. But especially for the brave women who came forward with their stories, who now know that their assailant will never be punished. Some of Cosby's accusers have already spoken up in response to the news. One accuser, Sammy Mays, called the release "disrespectful and despicable," in a statement to TMZ. Another, Angela Leslie, told the outlet, "I'm surprised and shocked with today's news of Cosby's release. It seems the justice system served the criminal, in this case, as opposed to the victims."

Bill Cosby has just gotten away with decades of rape. No matter who we blame — the system, the Supreme Court, Bruce Castor Jr. — a guilty man is free."

metmike: When corrupt Hillary Clinton lost the 2016 election, many republicans were screaming for her to be prosecuted and put in prison for various suspected crimes.

This was just silly. Suffering the loss of the election was a penalty several orders of magnitude worse than any crime conviction or penalty the criminal justice system could have imposed on her. Her legacy as the first female president in the US that she had worked towards her entire life and was about to get..............was suddenly/abruptly  jerked away from her at the last moment.Easily far more traumatic than anything the justice system could have done to her. Her legacy is everything.  

And so it is also for Bill Cosby but MUCH worse. He actually made it to the pinnacle, exact top too . He knows what it felt like.  But in the game of valuing a persons legacy, its not where you started or where you were but its everything about where you ended up.

At the end, he was disgraced to the max as he plunged from grace in a manner that very few people experience. Going from the exact top.........having everything.... to near the bottom in a matter of years. 

This decision(his freedom) will only make people that never believed the truth about him from the get go ............feel happy.

It will cause some people upset with him to be upset even more, as they will think that he didn't pay enough for what he did.

He was about to get out of prison anyways but this is about him being able to claim  his conviction was overturned by this decision and for  those on the other side wanting it to be on his legal records forever.

After he passes away, maybe more people will remember this part of his life, especially the younger people that that didn't grow up with "Fat Albert" and his stand up comedy, that for me, was about the funniest person on the planet for close to 2 decades.

Who remembers this show?                          

Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids - "The Bully" - 1973

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8uwlNyWWyA

Bill Cosby yells out Fat Albert's 'Hey Hey Hey' as he departs court on day 2 of jury deliberations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBsPLEz01Qg

By metmike - June 30, 2021, 11:49 p.m.
Like Reply

Vintage Cosby comedy:

Bill Cosby - Noah

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgsFCyD4nEw         

BILL COSBY- 200 MPH - Full 1968 vinyl album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHbOrHG65uo

By mcfarmer - July 1, 2021, 9:50 a.m.
Like Reply

The judicial system has to be trusted to work, that’s the biggest danger I see with the false election claims.

In this case evidently a prosecutor made a promise of some sort and it was subsequently reversed. I’m not that interested and haven't paid it much attention. 

I guess on those grounds I support the decision to free him.

Re: Bill Cosby
0 likes
By joj - July 1, 2021, 5:27 p.m.
Like Reply

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2rcquwo4R0

Regarding Cosby.

Some profanity, but Norm Mcdonnald made me laugh.

By metmike - July 2, 2021, 2:19 a.m.
Like Reply

Funny Guy!