Derek Chauvin sentenced to over 20 years in prison
6 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - June 25, 2021, 7:23 p.m.

Derek Chauvin sentenced to over 20 years in prison for murder of George Floyd

https://nypost.com/2021/06/25/derek-chauvin-sentenced-to-prison-in-murder-of-george-floyd/

MINNEAPOLIS — Derek Chauvin was sentenced to 22 1/2 years in prison Friday in the murder of George Floyd — as a Minnesota judge ripped the ex-cop for showing “particular cruelty” during the fatal encounter last year.

Chauvin, 45, showed zero emotion as Judge Peter Cahill handed down the sentence in Hennepin County Court.

“This is based on your abuse of a position of trust and authority and also the particular cruelty shown to George Floyd,” Cahill said.

“[What] the sentence is not based on is emotion or sympathy but at the same time, I want to acknowledge the deep and tremendous pain that all the families are feeling, especially the Floyd family. You have our sympathies.” 

Comments
By GunterK - June 25, 2021, 8:52 p.m.
Like Reply

Have the riots started already?

By TimNew - June 25, 2021, 9:02 p.m.
Like Reply

This will be successfully appealed.  There are so many legal arguments .

Then the riots will begin.  

By mcfarm - June 26, 2021, 7:38 a.m.
Like Reply

but after all the burning, looting, murders and rapes no one will be arrested because it was mostly peaceful.....crap we already did all that.  

By metmike - June 26, 2021, 12:56 p.m.
Like Reply

Your predictions on this have been perfect. Wrong every time (-:

I predict with extremely high confidence that it will NOT be successfully appealed because any legal arguments Chauvin had/has are just attempts to trick people to ignore the massive overwhelming evidence that is several times greater than needed to legitimately convict anybody of this crime, regardless of who did it or the media attention(as evidenced below).

Chauvin juror does interview            

Started by metmike - April 28, 2021, 2:35 p.m.        

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68635/

Previous threads on this:

Chauvin verdict reached            

36 responses |              

Started by metmike - April 20, 2021, 4:13 p.m.           

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/68270/

Derek Chauvin trial             

61 responses |          

Started by metmike - March 29, 2021, 10:39 p.m.            

By TimNew - June 26, 2021, 8:42 p.m.
Like Reply

Yeah,  I rely on authentic facts,  and they don't always work with juries, and the public.

But ,,

1.)   Chauvin's defense made a completely legal and reasonable request for change of venue that was ilegally refused.

2.) One juror was photograghed at a DC protest wearing a t-shirt "Get Your Knee Off My neck"  prior to the trial.  Never should have been on the jury.

3.).  Philly made a very public multi-million dollar settlement with the overdose victim's family the week before the delilberation.  

That's the short list.   There are hundreds more reasons..

But you're right.  I may be wrong.   I am using facts to draw conclusions,  and tris trial, and you, among many, have not based anything regarding the verdict, on facts.

Autopsy results are "Flimsy evidence",  right?  <GUFFAW>

By mcfarm - June 26, 2021, 9:01 p.m.
Like Reply

I admit I was wrong about the outcome. Thought there was reasonable doubt. There was more than 1 biased juror Tim. There was a lady who now admit to lying to get on the jury so she could get rich on a book deal I believe. I also was wrong about the OJ case but the jury was way more wrong than me.