Mike, old Indian saying.
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by mcfarmer - June 25, 2021, 1:57 p.m.

Mike, I was always told the old Indians claimed you wouldn’t get rain if there weren’t any jet contrails.

Any truth to that ? We don’t have any contrails today.

Comments
By metmike - June 25, 2021, 2:28 p.m.
Like Reply

ZERO truth to that mcfarmer.

1. Jet contrails come entirely from the water vapor that comes out of the exhaust of jet air planes. You need clear skies and high humidity in the cold mid/high levels of the atmosphere where the planes are flying. Under those conditions, the hot, water vapor laden exhaust comes out of the jet and condenses into a man made streaky cloud that follows the trail of the jet(from the exhaust plume behind it)

2. Jets have only been around for less than a century and passenger jets only increased to being significant enough for people to notice around 60 years ago. As the name denotes  JET contrails comes from jets and did not exist before jets............so old Indians could not have been using something that didn't exist.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_airliner

Unless I'm not understanding your question.

By metmike - June 25, 2021, 2:31 p.m.
Like Reply

On some conspricacy theory sites, you may have read that some of them are CHEMtrails coming from jets that are releasing bad chemicals for a variety of nafarious intentions.

CHEMtrails are completely made up.

ALL of them are just contrails as described on the previous page. There are more of them today because there are more jets making them than there were 50 or even 20 years ago.

By metmike - June 25, 2021, 2:33 p.m.
Like Reply

With regards to chemtrails, I addressed this here a few years ago:

Geoengineering            

Started by metmike - Dec. 7, 2018, 3:15 p.m.         

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/19089/

By metmike - June 25, 2021, 2:37 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarmer,

You enjoyed my poetry using the song "In the Year 2525"

Maybe you'll like this one I did that included chemtrails:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/18003/#18011

By mcfarmer - June 25, 2021, 2:38 p.m.
Like Reply

I guess jets aren’t the only thing that goes “Whoosh”.

So why do we have contrails one day and not the next ? 

I always figured it was due to upper air humidity, higher humidity means more contrails, or at least ones that stick around longer.

Higher humidity up there means greater chances of rain forming.

We are in the path between Chicago, Omaha and  Denver. Along with military flights out of Offut. Today for instance there are plenty of clouds but no contrails. Other days the sky is crisscrossed with them.

I‘ve always felt there was a connection.

By metmike - June 25, 2021, 2:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Here's another previous discussion. The link to it does not work so I'll just cut and paste it below:

Transparent stratosphere warms earth                

Gunter said:                                                                         

BodyDate Posted & Author
                            That the sun shine warms the earth on a clear day makes sense. However, at the same day, the heat radiates out into space better during  a clear night.
But then, I am not a climate scientist. Metmike can discuss this subject better.
However, since we are talking about "transparent days", I just remembered looking at the sky 2 days ago. Out here in Northern Los Angeles, the whole sky was covered with chemtrails.
Misquoting a movie comment....."I love the smell of Strontium and Barium in the morning"
I am still wondering.... who is doing this? And why are they trying to harm us? And why is nobody saying anything about it?

vandenplas post deleted for inappropriate content.

Re: Re: Transparent stratosphere warms earth                

mcfarm said:                                           

BodyDate Posted & Author
                            another in a long line of astoundingly bad posts by vandy. Totally off topic, weak in content, and in poor taste to boot. When will it stop?

metmike:                                              

BodyDate Posted & Author
                            "However, since we are talking about "transparent days", I just remembered looking at the sky 2 days ago. Out here in Northern Los Angeles, the whole sky was covered with chemtrails.
Misquoting a movie comment....."I love the smell of Strontium and Barium in the morning"
I am still wondering.... who is doing this? And why are they trying to harm us? And why is nobody saying anything about it?"

Those are contrails made out of water vapor that condenses out aloft, behind jets, where the very cold air cannot hold much moisture. If the air aloft is very dry, then the water vapor quickly disappears/evaporates. If the air aloft is fairly humid, then the water vapor/contrail can last for a long time and stretch across the entire sky.
Why are there more now than there used to be?
The atmosphere has not changed much. The jet emissions have not changed much but there are more jets and people are also drawing more attention to them with the chemtrail conspiracy theories.
The chemtrail crapola is fake news.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contrail
http://physicsbuzz.physicscentral.com/2011/09/why-are-there-so-many-contrails-today.html
Or......maybe we should consider the explanation of MarketForum's top poster:
                By Vandenplas - Jan. 24, 2018, 2:20 p.m.            

Re: Re: Transparent stratosphere warms earth                

BodyDate Posted & Author
                            hi metmike,
with all due respect for your knowledge in such matters, I am not convinced
see the spray nozzle in action, around time 20:38
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5VP64V6L2s
plus numerous other videos and articles on this subject

Jan. 25, 2018, 8:18 p.m.
Gunter

BodyDate Posted & Author
                            Gunter,
You can believe what you want but the chemtrail crapola is a complete hoax. There are loads of doctored videos and made up, convincing sounding conspiracy theories going around on the internet..........none of it is true.
I know a few things about the atmosphere and everything that you see in the sky that you think is a chemtrail or that somebody else is claiming to be a chemtrail or that a doctored video enhances to look different, is 100% contrail and condensed water vapor.
The doctored videos that show "spraying" from jets are easily faked. The reasons and effectiveness that they give for doing this are laughable if you understand the science/technology.

You don't have to believe this atmospheric scientist............or the 77 atmospheric scientists that gave their unanimous opinions on this when researchers showed them pictures and data.
https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/science-officially-debunks-chemtrails-conspiracy-live-180960139/
There are dozens of videos like the one you sent me that are floating around out there. They are all fake!
By metmike - June 25, 2021, 2:50 p.m.
Like Reply

mcfarmer,

No contrails can mean one of 3 things.

1. There haven't been any jets tracking across your sky.

2. Skies are not clear enough to see them

3. Atmospheric conditions are not favorable.  The humidity might be too low at that level so that the water vapor is quickly absorbed into the surrounding air, vs the higher humidity that can't hold it and some of the H2O condenses out as the contrail...........a man made streak cloud!

Orrrr

4. There are no Indians to tell us that they are up there (-:

By mcfarmer - June 25, 2021, 5:16 p.m.
Like Reply

Since Mike has assured me of a nice rain I drained the rain barrel onto the garden. I’m planning on it being refilled tonight or tomorrow.

By metmike - June 25, 2021, 7:10 p.m.
Like Reply

I'll need to start charging you for these high confidence forecasts of mine(-:

Since I never remember providing them,  I'll let you keep track, then at the end of each month you can cut the check for whatever it is I charge you........I forgot that too.

I also can't remember my address, so I guess your off the hook(-: