GOP's effort to quash Jan. 6 commission
0 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - May 28, 2021, 7:16 p.m.

Trump, midterms fuel GOP's effort to quash Jan. 6 commission

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/556030-trump-midterms-fuel-gops-squashing-jan-6-commission

“At the heart of this recommendation by the Democrats is that they would like to continue to debate things that occurred in the past. They'd like to continue to litigate the former president into the future,” McConnell told reporters."

metmike: Mitch is exactly right. The democrats, mainly want to drag out the damage and maximize it as far out into the future as they can, which this would do exactly.

There has been investigations out the wazoo. The FBI/CIA and Intel organizations and others know who every body was that got into the building, know exactly what they did and why they did it. They are ALL being held accountable. We also know everything that Trump said that day and on previous days that inspired them.

When you already know EVERYTHING, what's the point in regurgitating it again for political posturing at tax payers expense?

If it could be used to make it illegal for Trump to run for office, then I would be for it.........but it CAN'T.

Profoundly ironic about McConnell's statement above is that he is trying to minimize the damage that the democrats are trying to inflict on his party using Trump.........when McConnells own party is doing, by far, the most damage to itself using Trump.

Several people on FOX news this week were strongly pushing for Trump to run again in 2024.

I know they aren't really that dumb to think that Trump would not be beaten by one of the biggest landslides in history and give away even more seats of congress to the other party.

They know that saying this is good for ratings.

When I was in tv for 11 years, we did constant viewer research and had many focus groups with people that were  asked 100 different questions.

With a national viewing audience in the many millions, I would bet that FOX does this weekly..........if not daily(just like CNN does).

Make no mistake that FOX is not in the business of telling the truth, nor is CNN. It's not a non profit organization designed to make the world a better place.........that's just what they want you to believe.

Media outlets like this and the one that I worked for are there, primarily to make money. They do this by mainly selling commercials(to advertisers that pay rates based on the number of viewers measured during the time slot the commercial appears). There weren't  many months that I worked on tv, that we weren't reminded of  the utmost importance of ratings by the news director. They didn't care if my weather forecast was the most accurate.........nobody keeps track of that. All they care about is whether people are tuning in or tuning out when you come on..............and why or why not.

The focus groups/research tells them why or why not.

When FOX does its focus groups/research, they find out that the majority of their viewers are die hard Trump loyalists.  They would be cutting their own throats to say anything negative about Trump. Saying absurd, dishonest things about Biden stealing the dishonest election and cheer leading for Trump to run again in 2024 will maximize their ratings and make them the most money.They don't really care about the truth or you. They are telling their viewers the news, the way they like to hear it so it strengthens the attraction they have for those viewers to keep coming back.  

I'm not here to make money...........just tell the truth for your own good even if you don't like the message.

The more the republicans embrace Trump, the weaker they will be in the future. Take that to the bank. He's the democrats best gift ever..........that keeps on giving to them because the republicans are afraid of his power over the people, who ironically he has hurt more than anybody else by an extraordinarily wide margin.

Trump doesn't care about you or the republican party and he surely doesn't care about the truth.

There are plenty of other good, ethical/honest, well behaved republicans in the party.  Unless you have a self fulfilling unconscious desire to destroy your party, it makes no sense to embrace the guy who has already half destroyed it single-handedly.

What gives there?

Is there something that I'm completely missing here?

I understand the allure of wanting to be on the same side of the guy fighting against the swamp but while you were  focused on that, you missed something very important..... he didn't destroy the swamp, they beat his arse badly and the only group that he destroyed..............were those on his side.......... the republicans.

And HE did it to himself  in the end and is continuing to do it to the republicans by HIS actions, not something they did.

Comments
No replies yet. Be the first!