Biden proposed budget
1 response | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - May 27, 2021, 2:13 p.m.

This budget is projected to be the largest as a % of GDP {if I understand correctly] since WW 11

MM in his 50 things Biden has done well:

1st on the list was no more twitters which is very true

However, this one was by Mike which he indicated Biden wanted to help the poor and possibly the homeless

Now the other 49 points , sounded like a PR statement as I read every one of them, but I suppose it depends on your bias so I won't argue the other 49 things Biden is doing

But I do take issue with Biden spending, taxation and helping the poor

No where do I see an incentive for more production in the USA or NA, but I do see higher Corp taxes

I see higher taxes on fossil fuels to pay for the Green Deal

I see higher capital gains taxes. I see where Janet Yellen wants all int'l corp to pay equal and higher taxes. What that really means is the G-7 if and even this is a big "if" she succeeds then the higher tax will be passed along to the consumer while china, russia and all others refuse the higher Int'l corp tax

So: Forget the higher Int'l Corp tax

What do you see

Tax and spend

Now who do you think gets hurt the most

Either any one of the following will happen

Higher cost for consumer goods

Higher energy bills

Higher int rates if inflation becomes a problem.

More treasury bills that need to be sold to pay for the deficit, which then becomes either more printing or higher int rates or a lower USD value vs a basket of other currencies

Now Biden can stuff all the extra money he wants into the poor people's pockets but it will result in more money chasing the same amount of imported goods

Remember no incentives for NA manufacturing in fact the opposite with higher taxes

You can pick any possibility you want, but the poor will be the 1st to feel the need for more money needed for basic living requirements

Poor people will always be poor unless they help themselves

Gov't can not and never could help the poor with increased gov't hand outs

Gov't can and will hurt the USA with increased tax and spend

Comments
By bear - May 30, 2021, 1:59 p.m.
Like Reply

sorry folks, but judging by bidens economic plans, he is the worst president in 50 years.