An old police shooting makes the news again
1 response | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - April 30, 2021, 10:54 p.m.

Four years ago, I posted about a strange police shooting in Minneapolis. This incident had caught my attention, because I had been a resident of Minneapolis, many years ago.

A woman had taken a look out her back window, when she observed a man assaulting a female in the alley behind her building. She quickly called 911. When a police car arrived in front of her building, she went outside and approached the police officer to give him details of what she had observed. The police officer shot her dead.

A strange case, in deed, but also interesting, because of the charged racial environment of that time.. The woman was white, an immigrant from Australia. The police officer was black, an immigrant from Somalia.

Not surprisingly, the MSM was very much silent about this incident. I am sure, if the races had been reversed, this case would have been all over the news.. We would have seen pictures of the victim in her highschool graduation gown, or lovingly hugging her parents.

This silence is not surprising… after all, the job of the MSM is to create division and encourage racial unrest, and this story did not quite fit into their program.

Since the MSM totally ignored this case, I never found out what really had happened. Just now, though, this case has been mentioned again, because of its relevance to the Chauvin trial

As I found out now, this police officer was apparently convicted and is in prison.

He was convicted of 3rd degree murder (just as Chauvin was), and he is now filing an appeal, because of a certain wording in the laws of Minnesota. Minnesota law requires the defendant to be a threat to others, to be convicted of 3rd degree murder.

Should he win his appeal, it could affect the 3rd degree murder conviction of Chauvin and reduce his sentence.

I guess we have to hope that this does not happen, or we could be facing riots again.

Please be aware that the link below was written before the Chauvin verdict, and some of the comments and speculations are now not applicable anymore.

https://www.local10.com/news/national/2021/04/20/explainer-why-1-murder-count-against-chauvin-may-not-stick/

Comments
By metmike - May 1, 2021, 7:37 a.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

It’s great that you are making this point and showing the source.

I personally don’t think there’s any chance that anybody would dare overturn this conviction, just because of the politics, even though I’m concinved of his guilt based purely on the proven facts.