July 4th
3 responses | 0 likes
Started by wglassfo - July 4, 2018, 11:15 a.m.

Happy JJuly 4th my southern friends

I know how much you like to celebrate July 4th

When I was trucking some drivers would stay on the road during Xmas holidays and other holidays

But:

Everybody was home for July 4th

No if and buts

They would drive however many miles to be with

With friends and family

Home office just let them go

Here is to good times for everybody

Be safe

Comments
Re: July 4th
0 likes
By GunterK - July 4, 2018, 1:29 p.m.
Like Reply

Hi wglassfo,

It’s interesting to see your comment about the 4th of July on this forum, coming from outside the US.

I am an immigrant (the legal kind), and…..yes…. you are right, the Americans love to celebrate their 4th of July. Flags everywhere…. parades and fireworks. Besides barbeques and beer, it’s a day for Americans to be proud of being “Americans”

Unfortunately, many of the young generation (and a lot of older ones) are not proud of their country anymore. Sure, the US has done a lot of things on the world stage that were quite questionable…. but one should not forget the good things the US has done.

Take for example my country of origin. Germany was almost totally destroyed after WW2. Within a few years, it rebuilt itself to be one of the powerhouses of Europe. However, they did not accomplish this on their own….they had a lot of help from the USA (the Marshall Plan). Later, everybody was worried about the Soviet Union invading all the countries of Western Europe. Again, it was the presence of the US military in Europe that deterred the Soviet Union from doing so. The older generation of Germany is fully aware of the help it received from its former enemy.

This is the day to celebrate the USA. Yet, one cannot help but think of the many who focus on what’s wrong with the US. In 2016, only one of the candidates did not hesitate to point out what’s wrong, and promised to “make America great again”. History will tell, whether he succeeded or not. 

By mcfarm - July 4, 2018, 3:49 p.m.
Like Reply
By silverspiker - July 4, 2018, 7:04 p.m.
Like Reply

Freedom

I CELEBRATE MY FREEDOM AS A GIFT.

Rather than stressing about decisions I need to make, I celebrate instead my freedom to choose. I see my choices as blessings, each one leading to a different possible outcome.

I learn from my actions as well as my choices. Failures are learning opportunities. Experience combined with inner guidance helps me choose wisely. Throughout my life I learn from the past as I envision the future, mindful of this moment in time.

Because I have been given the gift of free will, I always have the ability to see from new and different perspectives if I choose. I celebrate my freedom through my thoughtful and purposeful actions, making a positive difference in my life and in the lives of others.

========================================================================================

You will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.

—John 8:32