COURT PACKING
9 responses | 0 likes
Started by 12345 - April 16, 2021, 3:51 a.m.

A SIMPLE PROVISION IN THE POSSIBLE NEW RULE/LAW/AMENDMENT/CALL IT WHAT YOU WILL, WOULD MOST ASSUREDLY PUT THE BRAKES ON THE ENTIRE NON-CONSTITUTIONAL THOUGHT PROCESS.

I PROPOSE MAKING THE SIMPLE PROVISION OF:

SCOTUS COURT PACKING WILL TAKE EFFECT, ONLY WHEN THE CURRENT NON-RULING PARTY, BECOMES THE RULING PARTY.

WOULDN'T THAT BE FUN?

Comments
By mcfarm - April 16, 2021, 9:05 a.m.
Like Reply

Biden out of power calls it a bone headed idea. Biden gets power and suddenly its on the front page that idiot is pushing it. Sound just like his arguments about most every issue. Monday morning its a terrible idea and on Tuesday it will save the country..or ....I mean it will save the libs. Hell with the country, right there Joe?

By metmike - April 16, 2021, 2:37 p.m.
Like Reply

It's all about getting power for your side............then exercising it to get even more power to impose your agenda.

The ends justifies the means!

Winner take all!

By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 9:42 a.m.
Like Reply

In 2016, McConnell said that the Obama pick Garland (to replace Scalia) shouldn’t be considered and instead the next President should make the pick. Therefore, Garland wasn’t considered. Keep in mind Scalia died in March, 8 months before the election. Not allowing the consideration of the current POTUS to replace a Supreme who died that far in advance of the election was unprecedented. But whatever, that’s what McConnell/GOP decided.

Fast forward to September of 2020, when RBG passed. This was less than 2 months before the election. The same guy McConnell said they would consider Trump’s pick, Barrett, and she became the newest member of the Supremes! So, McConnell clearly violated the new standard he established in 2016! This is one of the worst double standards I’ve ever seen.

Now in 2021, even though it is quite unlikely it would actually occur, sone Dems are wanting to expand and pack the Supremes with liberals. Well, objectively consider what McConnell just did and one could then understand the Dems are pissed beyond belief. Whereas I’m not in favor of packing the Court, I think the GOP deserves what these Dems are threatening to do. Maybe the Dems are just trying to teach the GOP/McConnell a much needed lesson for their horrible double standard and they’re just bluffing.

The GOP started this mess in 2016. You reap what you sew.

By cutworm - April 18, 2021, 11:55 a.m.
Like Reply

" I think the GOP deserves what these Dems are threatening to do." wx 

But the real question is do we the people deserve what the dems propose? What do you think?

By TimNew - April 18, 2021, 12:24 p.m.
Like Reply

The GOP started this mess in 2016. You reap what you sew.

This actually made me laugh. Are you actually suggesting that the dems would not be attemtping exactly this regardless of what has happened in the past ince they had the "muscle" to do so?

The dems have a long history of making massive procedural changes while in power.  Ironically,  they are very vocal when pubs use the newly created powers once they take over majorities.  Dems have never been known for long range style thinking. 

By WxFollower - April 18, 2021, 1:56 p.m.
Like Reply

The GOP has been using hardball tactics. Now the Dems are doing so while they have the chance. That’s politics. Whether or not I’m in favor of it is irrelevant to my point. And as I said, I’m not in favor of it nor do I think it will happen.

My point is you reap what you sew.

By metmike - April 18, 2021, 2:18 p.m.
Like Reply

Both parties have objectives that are almost the opposite of each other.

Republicans,  for the most part want things to stay closer to the way they are/were. Enforce and build up what they see are things that they think have worked.

Democrats, for the most part, want to change almost everything. Sometimes, at the expense of discarding good things. Destroy statutes and monuments and change the names of schools and streets that gave tribute to past heros. Change the economic model and energy/political sytems......health care, immigration systems.

Change is going to be WAAAY more noticeable and extreme than staying the same, so the democrats, just by the nature of what they are trying to do, MUST BE more noticeable and extreme to force all the changes they want. 

And OF COURSE, those changes are focused on THEIR agenda entirely.

Like Larry said, they have the power and it's "winner takes all" mentality as well as ends justifies their means. 

So the inevitable changes in what is the current cultural revolution(make no mistake in calling it anything else) will be very painful for conservatives to witness......who are getting less numerous, less powerful and being replaced by more people on the far left.

We are never going back to the old ways. NEVER.

Maybe parts of it but the writing is on the wall. The youngest generation does not have the conservative base to support and carry that party in the future. 

The liberals, some ultra liberals got complete control of the youth educating system decades ago and now the rewards of their teachings, some would say indoctrinating are just starting to come to roost.

BTW, some great points in this thread.............please carry on!

By TimNew - April 18, 2021, 6:35 p.m.
Like Reply

WX.  My point is that the dems have abused the faq out of the constitution for decades, and trying to pin the responsibility of their nonesense on Pubs is laughable, AT BEST.

By TimNew - April 18, 2021, 6:38 p.m.
Like Reply

MM.  Many of the youth actually grow up.  They become conervatives.   That has been true forever.

If you are under 30 and are not liberal,  you have no heart.

If you are over 30, and liberal,  you have no brain.