Biden’s atrocious opening to packing the Supreme Court
13 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - April 9, 2021, 9:09 p.m.

https://nypost.com/2021/04/09/bidens-atrocious-opening-to-packing-the-supreme-court/

Packing the Supreme Court is a terrible idea and always has been. President Franklin Roosevelt sought to enlarge the court simply so he could appoint a majority of the justices. He failed badly because even his own party recoiled at the naked effort to end the Constitution’s checks on his power.

So it’s obscene that President Joe Biden is even entertaining the move now.

Biden is appointing a commission to look into the idea, one the White House says will be “a bipartisan group of experts on the Court and the Court reform debate.” Let’s hope that’s just a bone to quiet the lefties down, not the start of something more.

If the group is as promised, the commission will stomp all over the proposal. Nothing is more guaranteed to destroy the high court, turning it into a political football and pawn of whichever party happens to have a temporary majority.

It’s a recipe for tit-for-tat court-packing moves, with Republicans adding yet more seats next time they have the power — or, worse still, Democrats using their current power to so skew the fundamental rules of the land to ensure permanent control of Washington and the end of our democracy.

Comments
By metmike - April 9, 2021, 9:13 p.m.
Like Reply

Biden Commissions the Supreme Court  

His panel on court-packing tilts sharply to the legal and political left.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/biden-commissions-the-supreme-court-11618008493

President Biden on Friday announced his Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court, which is better understood as the commission on packing the Supreme Court. The White House is trying to make this seem like routine political business, but don’t be fooled.

Packing the Court hasn’t been actively debated since FDR’s attempt flopped in the 1930s. Then again, many things Democrats are doing these days haven’t been tried since the 1930s. Democrats had a meltdown over Donald Trump’s three High Court appointees, and Mr. Biden’s commission idea was a way to appease progressives and avoid taking a firm position during the 2020 campaign.

“The Commission’s purpose is to provide an analysis of the principal arguments in the contemporary public debate for and against Supreme Court reform, including an appraisal of the merits and legality of particular reform proposals,” says a White House press release. “The topics it will examine include the genesis of the reform debate; the Court’s role in the Constitutional system; the length of service and turnover of justices on the Court; the membership and size of the Court; and the Court’s case selection, rules, and practices.”

The commission will have an unwieldy 36 members, who tilt markedly to the political left. The co-chairs are Bob Bauer, Barack Obama’s former White House counsel, and Cristina Rodriguez, a former official in the Obama Justice Department. Mr. Bauer has argued publicly against court-packing, but he’ll have his hands full with the commission. 

By metmike - April 9, 2021, 9:32 p.m.
Like Reply

The White House

President Biden to Sign Executive Order Creating the Presidential Commission on the Supreme Court of the United States

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/04/09/president-biden-to-sign-executive-order-creating-the-presidential-commission-on-the-supreme-court-of-the-united-states/

metmike: This clearly looks like the White House, pretending to get together a bunch of objective law experts(that are mostly liberals) to have an objective discussion on this topic and using their objective conclusion that packing the Supreme Court is a good idea as the reason to do and pretend that its the right thing to do.

The reality is................why would they even be creating this commission if they were not planning to do it? What is the sudden objective reason for this to need a special commission to study it?

It's a 100% democratic power grab move. There are and always will be during the next 4 years, exactly ZERO republicans for it. You can take that to the bank, 100% of republlicans in office will be strongly against this.

Creating this commission is just a ruse to make it look like its not 100% partisan ....but it is in every way, shape and form........ 100% about democrats gaining more power on the Supreme court because 100% of the newly appointed judges by Biden will be liberal, potentially far left liberals in order to shift the court's decisions as far left as possible.

Interesting that Biden, in the past spoke out strongly AGAINST packing the Supreme Court........back in the days when he had a sharp brain that he used for his own thinking to do what is best for America and its people.

This would be one the worst decisions in history and this is the recipe for even more divisiveness as Biden continues to snub his nose at all republicans and the Constitution of this country.

I can understand this administration, because they won the election, is passing THEIR agenda. This is going beyond winning the election and following the rules/Constitution.

They actually want to use that power to change the rules/Constitution to give them themselves the power to give themselves even MORE power.

This is unethical in my opinion.

Do whatever you can..........the ends justify the means including lying and cheating and then. ........winner take all.

By mcfarm - April 10, 2021, 9:54 a.m.
Like Reply

so we now have guns, the boarder, taxes, and the supremes among other things. Seems like we read here numerous time the that good old Joe was such a moderate, hardly anyone that middle America should worry about. Isn't that what he ran on. Isn't that what the people voted on, his word. If I remember correctly when Trump ran he made certain promises and it was not even 2 years and he had most every box checked off. My how the world has changed. And now Biden had assured China to walk all over us for another decade or so of course along with Russia and Iran.  Anybody care to defend their previous remarks on what an ordinary and good man old Joe really is....Hi to hunter and the crime family too.....new book out and everything how swell.

By metmike - April 10, 2021, 11:45 a.m.
Like Reply

"Seems like we read here numerous time the that good old Joe was such a moderate, hardly anyone that middle America should worry about."

Thanks mcfarm,

Since you say it was numerous times, can you please provide a couple of threads as evidence?

Or is this just how you remember it because we are not extreme right on everything and always telling you the news the way you like to hear it?

This is not intended to pick on you mcfarm, this is pointing out peoples(not just you) cognitive bias and brainwash that causes them to interpret everything in one side fashion by the gatekeepers on both sides.

joj told me a couple of times that I used to bash Obama because he assumed I did. Even after I proved he was wrong and he was unable to provide evidence, he did it again later...................because once people choose to remember something a certain way or believe something, even if its false.......it's almost impossible to get them to see the truth.............even if you bombard them with facts and evidence. They might concede at the time of proving them wrong....... then a few days later, revert back to their previous thinking.

By TimNew - April 10, 2021, 12:33 p.m.
Like Reply

I don't know that "numerous" is appropriate,  but I am pretty sure JOJ and WX talked about Joe as a  "reach across the aisle" moderate and you considered voting for him,  but did some research and saw him for the phoney he was.

I will say he is veering far more leftward than I would have expected and may actually introduce/inflict permanent damage should he succeed at packing the court and his inept handling of the border.  I am not real confident on foreign policy so far eaither.

It appears Joe wants to turn America into California and even Californians don't want that as they flee at the rate of about 10k/month.  Did you know Ca is on the verge of losing a congressional seat?

Up until now, I've always thought it would be easy to fix the stupid moves of a politician. What's difficult is fixing the stupid people that vote for them.    I am starting to fear the 1st part may not be true much longer.

By mcfarm - April 10, 2021, 1:47 p.m.
Like Reply

no MM I am not going to go back and give evidence....what is numerous? I think several. If I am wrong so be it but I do not believe I am. There are about 5 far leftys who do not post much here anymore and you who were all about "good old Joe" In fact you referred to him as a good and decent man on one more than 1 occasion. So if you want to nit =-pick take numerous out and use several. I don't care. We have major problems in this country, many of which are coming directly from the WH from a man who once aided the KKk's point of view, ran a crime family,  and wants push our country to point of not being recognized.....that hardly defines good and decent......and do not forget became involved with another man's wife while both were married to others. Another hall mark of a good and decent man.

By metmike - April 10, 2021, 2:06 p.m.
Like Reply

"I don't know that "numerous" is appropriate,  but I am pretty sure JOJ and WX talked about Joe as a  "reach across the aisle" moderate"

Tim,

Pretty sure as in, that's what your mind thinks that it remembers?

You did the exact same thing as mcfarm did.

I went back as far as the search engine would allow me and found these relevant posts on WxFollower. Tim, you are wrong on him and  mischaracterized him because of a biased memory/cognitive bias......based entirely on the facts/evidence below.

There were no posts from him that talked about Biden as you claimed that he did. Could have been some from earlier in 2020 that I can't get but not in the time frame that I can get. You can use the search engine yourself in the top right corner. Hoards of anti Trump posts but then, your mind must have decided to make a false assumption about things he never said about Biden because of that. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/60077/#62569

By WxFollower - Dec. 10, 2020, 10:34 p.m.            

I’m all for a thorough investigation of Hunter Biden and whether or not Joe also violated anything/did something bad, himself. Keep in mind that that investigator Joe helped get fired was supposedly looking away from Burisma  and just not doing his job due to corruption. That is a key thing that needs to be confirmed because otherwise that would look real bad for Joe to say the least!

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62389/#62417

By WxFollower - Dec. 8, 2020, 4:29 p.m.            

Wayne,

I'd actually like to see it as I'd rather it get out in the open and be fairly debated. Do you have a link to this? All I see is the request for the SC to hear the case, not yet any approval:

Trump allies turn to Supreme Court in long-shot bid to overturn 2020 election (msn.com)

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62389/#62443

By WxFollower - Dec. 9, 2020, 12:54 a.m.            

It means that we can pretty safely assume Biden will be the next POTUS as of 1/20/21. Even the 3 Trump Supreme Court picks are showing no interest in trying to change the election results from a Biden win. There just isn't nearly the evidence needed per them. Trump needs to focus on finishing out his term in a way that is good for my country.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/62389/#62568

By WxFollower - Dec. 10, 2020, 10:24 p.m.            

I’ve always been in favor of the Supremes and any other venue/meeting/assembly to hear the widespread fraud side of BOTH sides pleading their case and seeing where the chips may fall.

By metmike - April 10, 2021, 2:08 p.m.
Like Reply

"no MM I am not going to go back and give evidence"

Read the last post please mcfarm. It just provided the evidence.

By metmike - April 10, 2021, 2:48 p.m.
Like Reply

You guys are falling into the us vs them mentality that is promoted by many of the national news sources and blatantly by most politicians and criminally by the extreme left and right information sources.

Anybody that doesn’t agree with them on some things or is not extreme enough is painted to have a made up position which is wrong so they can be attacked.

By metmike - April 10, 2021, 4:37 p.m.
Like Reply

And of course joj would be expected/assumed to have that position, whether he stated it or not because he is obviously a liberal but you could not have been talking to him with that post.................he left months ago.

Truth be known, I contacted him several times by email and tried to get him to come back to express liberal views like his here, so we don't just turn into an echo chamber. I hope that he does return.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65250/#65262

By joj - Feb. 5, 2021, 8:34 a.m.            

"Shame on all of you.

Trump's actions were a deliberate policy.  Separate families to discourage illegal immigration.  (including babies and toddlers). It may have even been effective but hundreds of these families have yet to be reunited.  This is Biden attempting to deal with teens coming on their own.  HUGE difference.

Might be time for me to leave again.  I'd stay if I thought I could do some good but it looks hopeless.  And now for the moderator to lecture me in patronizing tones one last time.  Go for it MM!!"

metmike: On this particular issue, I agree 100% with you Tim and mcfarm(joj might also agree). What I disagreed with is mischaracterizing other people for political postering.

By metmike - April 10, 2021, 7:09 p.m.
Like Reply

At one time Biden was vehemently against court packing. What I think is the most incredible thing about Joe Biden in this video, is how sharp he used to be...............before he went into massive cognitive decline:

Biden is silent now on court-packing stance, but in 1983 he called it a 'bonehead' idea

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-court-packing-stance-1983-bonehead-idea

By TimNew - April 11, 2021, 7:13 a.m.
Like Reply

So,  your conclusion is that since my memory goes back further than the  Forum Archives, my memory must be faulty?  <G>  

By metmike - April 11, 2021, 11:46 a.m.
Like Reply

(-: