High risk for violent tornadoes-2
1 response | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 17, 2021, 10:33 p.m.

The other link with this title is messed up and won't take comments.

The potential for significant tornadoes continues tonight. Much of the greatest risk is over Alabama.
 For additional details, see the latest Day 1 Convective Outlook.

A regional outbreak of severe storms and tornadoes is possible on Thursday from parts of east-central Georgia northeastward across South Carolina and North Carolina. Significant tornadoes, wind damage and large hail will be possible from morning into afternoon. Severe thunderstorms will also be possible from parts of the eastern Gulf Coast into the southern and central Appalachians.
 For additional details, see the latest Day 2 Convective Outlook.

Comments
By MarkB - March 18, 2021, 3:05 a.m.
Like Reply

As of 10pm CDT tonight, I can report that we here in central Alabama, have survived the onslaught of the storms, with little damage. We had 5 tornadoes reported, that I know of, that did any damage. No deaths on current reports. 

And so begins our spring. From now until June, every potential strong system that comes thru, will also have the potential for tornadic activity, and hail. The places most likely to be hit, are well defined historically. 

Fortunately, where I live, there is a land formation that tends to disrupt tornadic circulations coming towards us. But I am in a very narrow window for that. The last 20 years have shown that, if I am to get hit by a tornado, it will have to drop straight down on me. 3 miles south, 3 miles north, not so lucky.