Trump=Ratings
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by metmike - March 14, 2021, 7:12 p.m.

CNN, MSNBC, Fox News See Major Ratings Drop After Trump’s Exit From Office: Analysis

https://www.theepochtimes.com/cnn-msnbc-fox-news-see-major-ratings-drop-after-trumps-exit-from-office-analysis_3732835.html?utm_source=newsnoe&utm_medium=email&email=meteormike@msn.com&utm_campaign=breaking-2021-03-14-4

“CNN Tonight with Don Lemon” appeared to see the most significant drop at 32.5 percent from Nov. 30 to March 5, according to the analysis. “Anderson Cooper 360” saw a similar, 32.2-percent decline, and “Cuomo Prime Time,” hosted by Chris Cuomo, saw a 28.5 percent decline overall.

On MSNBC, “All In With Chris Hayes” suffered a 16.7 percent drop, the “Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell” saw 17.6 percent drop, and the “Rachel Maddow Show” suffered a 9.1 percent drop, the analysis showed.

On Fox News, Sean Hannity’s show dropped nearly 12 percent, and “The Ingraham Angle” dropped 9.2 percent, Variety reported. The only one who appears to have been left relatively unscathed is Tucker Carlson’s “Tucker Carlson Tonight” on Fox News, which saw a 4.8 percent decline, according to Variety.

“CNN also saw three of the four shows with the greatest audience declines among the key 25-54 demo,” the report noted, adding that “the steep drops across all three CNN titles will be of concern.”

During his 2016 campaign and four-year term in office, Trump regularly was, and still is, the top nightly news story. Variety noted that without Trump, “there is no easy fix” for legacy news outlets.

Comments
By metmike - March 14, 2021, 8:25 p.m.
Like Reply

That apparently includes MarketForum too!

By TimNew - March 15, 2021, 2:03 p.m.
Like Reply

The Forum is still a regular stop for me in my internet travels, and I suspect it will be for some time to come.

I could be making lots of comments with the current "goings on" in DC and around the world,   but I find my self in a near constant state of aghast confoundment.   The world, and how most appear to percieve it, has IMO,  turned upside down.   Quite literally,  up is now down, and down is now up. 

I really wish I'd never read "1984".

By metmike - March 15, 2021, 4:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Tim!

Great way to put it. 

Up is down and down is up in several realms.

But what matters most is whether they can convince you, using manufactured realities and false narratives, and altered language and computer model simulations and so on that up is down and down is up.

Not only have they done that for over 3 decades with the fake climate crisis.........they have won.

We will be seeing a rapid implementation of their agenda the next few years. The saddest thing is that they steal peoples intelligence when propaganda replaces authentic knowledge in their brains. 

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/66649/#66677

By WxFollower - March 15, 2021, 7:47 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike said (referring to climate change): "The saddest thing is that they steal peoples intelligence when propaganda replaces authentic knowledge in their brains."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is precisely what Trump and far right wingers, including groups like QAnon and far right media like Infowars, Zero Hedge, and Election Wizard have been doing with their conspiracy theories/fake news to tens of millions of gullible people.

By metmike - March 15, 2021, 8:15 p.m.
Like Reply

This is exactly right Larry!

Trump did it every day for 2 months after the election.............convincing tens of millions of Trump worshipers that the election was stolen, when Biden clearly won by all authentic measures and standards. 

Disagreeing with that by claiming that there was fraud and cheating going on that was never held accountable is silliness. 

Of course there was, just like in all previous recent elections but not enough to come even close to being in the vicinity of flipping the results from Trump to Biden.

I could see what all the fuss was about with Gore/Bush in 2000. Now THAT was close enough for one state to make a difference and that state could have gone either way.

There were 6 states this time, and one of them did 3 hand recounts and all the biggest PROVEN fraud...........by a very wide margin was committed by those alleging fraud was committed to give Biden the win.

Every actor supporting this very false narrative of Biden stealing the election does not deserve to hold office in our great country. ........EVER!

Those that think I'm wrong about that are exactly why. 

They have poisoned the minds of tens of millions of good, patriotic Americans(stolen their intelligence using propaganda) and those people are convinced to never trust our elections again. 

Funny though that 4 years ago, the other side did the exact same thing.....rejected the results but were much more tactful, powerful and convincing.

They claimed that Trump colluded with Russia and Russia's influence got Trump elected. So they did an investigation. 

They were part of a 2.5 year, $30,000,000 totally corrupt and political investigation by Mueller that created almost all the crimes FROM the investigation(they never existed before hand but they got people to lie, for instance and charged them with a crime/perjury for it). The main objective of the investigation was to discredit Trump's presidency.

They extended it out that long so that the wild speculation of Trump being guilty of crimes, including treason by the MSM and dems could be maximized. Once  people are convinced  of something, it's almost impossible for them to be convinced of the opposite.........even when the opposite is the absolute truth and the belief is false.

2.5 years of everybody hearing that Trump colluded with Russia.

Even if Mueller did not know that with certainty when he started, he learned it within the early months of the investigation. That's when the investigation, to find evidence about Trump colluding with Russia should have ended IMMEDIATELY.

We heard that he needed to continue for all sorts of bs reasons that justified him violating the rights and entrapping as many people as he could for political reasons..........because they were Trump associates and no other reason.

What they did after the 2016 election absolutely in no way shape or form justifies what Trump and his gang did after the 2020 election.

It's actually pretty sad that both sides act this way, along with the MSM being part of it and honest Americans who want the best for this country are being manipulated for political agenda.

They can't trust information that they get because it's often concocted to persuade them to believe a cause or agenda and sneakily presented to appear as objective news.

I drive my wife bonkers because I switch between FOX and CNN, when she lets me. 

I don't get objective news from either site.

I get interpretations of the news........sold as objective news.

Interesting how the same exact event on one station happened for an exactly opposite reason as what the other station told us and both stations pretended to be objective and insisting they were telling the truth.

The good people in the news story on one station are the bad people in the story on the other station and vice versa

This is why my wife, Deb hates it so much when I watch the news and will often insist that I NOT do it when she is there. 

By WxFollower - March 15, 2021, 9:05 p.m.
Like Reply

Mike,

You know what I think is the closest to objective cable news nowadays? CNBC (not MSNBC). Specifically, check Shepard Smith's evening report. It is the closest thing to hard hitting no nonsense journalism on cable news. When he was on Fox, he was great!

By metmike - March 16, 2021, 2:48 a.m.
Like Reply

Larry,

I like Shepard Smith but have not watched him on the network that you mentioned and trust your opinion on this.