War ?
5 responses | 0 likes
Started by GunterK - March 5, 2021, 4:54 p.m.

In 2016, Hillary Clinton made it quite clear that she would not hesitate to start a nuclear war.
Luckily, she lost to a president who tried his best not to get the USA involved in new military engagements. He even wanted to end the occupation of Afghanistan.

We also expected that during the Harris/Biden administration the US would most likely get involved in more military conflicts… most likely starting with Syria (remember the list of 7 regimes that needed to be toppled?), possibly culminating in a war with Russia.

Troops are already being sent to Syria

But now the US is already provoking Russia. Nuclear bombers were sent from Norway to make a low-level fly-by near Russian bases

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopolitical/us-sends-bombers-norway-low-flyover-baltics-near-russian-base

What in the world was this supposed to achieve????? They are itching to start a new war

This is frightening… we have to expect the worst during the next 4 years.

Comments
Re: War ?
0 likes
By mcfarm - March 5, 2021, 7:30 p.m.
Like Reply

I will ask the obvious Gunter....who in the hell is in charge?

0 likes
By metmike - March 5, 2021, 7:32 p.m.
Like Reply

Thanks Gunter!

That's one thing that I felt pretty confident/comfortable about with Trump, that the other side often mis characterized him about..............the threat of war.

We were led to believe that the volatile Trump, the guy making the insane tweets was capable of suddenly pushing the red button because of his impulsive tendencies............and start a nuclear war.

I felt that war with Russia, always the biggest threat from any country during my lifetime, was by far the lowest threat in my lifetime....by a wide margin.

The other side has clearly been going out of its way to pick fights with Russia. I get no sense what so ever of a desire to have peace with Russia.

0 likes
By wglassfo - March 6, 2021, 5:06 p.m.
Like Reply

There may be some sane people in  congress, that needed a reason to become visible vs. the neocon advisors

It seems there is a bi-partisan bill being introduced to limit the ability of the president to just bomb anybody he/she feels like with out the approval of congress

It will be interesting to see how this develops

When Biden bombed Syria, that is what got congress moving

I think this bill will remove all but the most serious threats to the home land

In other words the president can't just bomb who ever he pleases with out prior congressional approval

Perhaps congress will finally be a voice instead of the  president making the decision

I will be interested to see what happens, but a bi-partisan bill gives some hope

Don't want Joe to bomb some body when all he wanted was to push a button for some coffee

Was that a bit too mean spirited  on my part??? about getting mixed up about the button for coffee

Re: Re: War ?
0 likes
By GunterK - March 9, 2021, 10:19 a.m.
Like Reply

I don't believe Pres Biden is making these decisions... he can't even remember the name of the Defense Secretary he just appointed. 

Other recent developments:

A Saudi Oil facility was bombed a few days ago.

A few B52s were flown to Diego Garcia to be stationed there. This puts both China and Iran within their reach. I would assume, they are intended for action against Iran or other ME targets

Israel has stated strongly that they will not allow Iran to have nuclear weapons. Kamala Harris has been in contact with Netanyahu (not Pres. Biden)

US amphibious assault ship Battaan is on it's way to the M.E., bringing more troops to the M.E.

On Friday, Russia bombed an oil loading facility in Syria. This facility was under the control of the rebels (which are supported by the US)

It looks to me, like the 4 years of relative peace are over. Since Russia is involved in the M.E., a war could be catastrophic. There is nothing, we, the People, can do anything about it. We made our decision in November 2020

By metmike - March 9, 2021, 1:31 p.m.
Like Reply

Good points Gunter!

One side will continue to use manufactured realities to control the thoughts of the people. 

We often don't get the actual news based on realities, but instead, in realms like this, we get a propaganda version of the news from the gatekeepers........that includes subtle(sometimes not so subtle), editorial descriptions that tell us how we should interpret it...............and it usually supports the agenda.

If they want a conflict or have an agenda in the Middle East, like has been the case for much of the last 6 decades there, they will invent the dynamics to justify it.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/66446/#66463

They have total control over the amount of military and political intervention in the Middle East, along with objectives.......it's always been that way. They want you to think that suddenly changing events are the reason for sudden changes in policy and that they are responding to a need.

No, they had the initial objective based on political objective  and created the need based on propaganda to control peoples perception....so that people will support the agenda that they had all along.