Isn't it ironic? Trump-haters have become even nastier than him
7 responses | 0 likes
Started by JP - July 1, 2018, 8:21 a.m.

From the pages of the Canadian "National Post," an opinion piece by Rex Murphy (linked below):

"Just as enlisting in the grand cause of global warming invests the recruit with the immeasurable gifts of infallibility, moral superiority and boundless righteousness, so too does opposition, even to hatred, of Trump free the mind from all obligation to moderation, custom, or articulate argument. It is the ultimate pass to be as nasty and crude as anyone could wish, and — with rarely noted irony — even to be more nasty and crude than the great boorish Trump himself. How odd: to oppose Trump is to become a more clangorous version of him."

Isn't it Ironic

Comments
By mojo - July 1, 2018, 9:33 a.m.
Like Reply

How do you think our fathers & grand fathers defeated fascism in Europe during WWII? It was by being nastier than the fascists. Now we are faced with the same situation again right here in America. The fascists have once again raised their ugly heads & threaten our freedom & human rights. Better buckle up buttercup, I have a hunch things are going to get a lot nastier before it gets better. 

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 American Standard Version (ASV)

For everything there is a season, and a time for every [a]purpose under heaven: 2 a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted; 3 a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; 4 a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; 5 a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; 6 a time to seek, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away; 7 a time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak; 8 a time to love, and a time to hate; a time for war, and a time for peace. 

By TimNew - July 1, 2018, 12:55 p.m.
Like Reply

The difference of course, being that our fathers and grandfathers actually fought fascism whereas you and your ilk are fighting the constitution.

By JP - July 1, 2018, 1:29 p.m.
Like Reply

"Better buckle up buttercup, I have a hunch things are going to get a lot nastier before it gets better."

Quoting scripture now along with posting insults? A person would have to work really hard to come off looking more phony than you do.

But you continue to do a terrific job of proving the point of the National Post article linked above -- kudos.

By mojo - July 1, 2018, 6:12 p.m.
Like Reply

"The difference of course, being that our fathers and grandfathers actually fought fascism whereas you and your ilk are fighting the constitution."

How so, Curly?

By TimNew - July 1, 2018, 6:51 p.m.
Like Reply

How so?   Well,   1st,  tell me what you see as fascist in Trump and his supporters.   

You can't.  Your only argument has been and continues to be that you disagree. Advocating violence in opposition In and of itself an anti constitutional stance.  Yet,  you have done so many times.

You prefer to #resist a constitutionally elected president who is looking to enforce and follow the constitution. 

The very simple and obvious fact is that you hate the idea of the constitution and all it stands for.  That very stance justifies the actions my side may take that would resemble what your "ANTIFA" does,  but it's  unlikely we will...  We rely on logic, reason and the constitution.. And based on assorted polls,  it will prevail..

I'm not at all worried.  Your side wets their pants and whimpers when they attack and my side responds... I advise you to calm the heck down.  

By mojo - July 1, 2018, 8:43 p.m.
Like Reply

I posted the 14 characteristics of fascism that you must have deliberately not bothered to read.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/6514/

Trump owns all 14 characteristics. That makes him a fascist & since you support him that makes you a fascist too.

By TimNew - July 2, 2018, 7:50 a.m.
Like Reply

I read your opinion piece with the misattributions.  In your typical logical fallacy filled world, the following is true.

Hitler was a nationalist.

Trump is a nationalist.

Trump=Hitler.

But you see,  that conclusion is flawed on many levels.    Not that you'd understand.

When you can demonstrate an active attempt to deny constitutional rights,  you'll get my attention.  So far,  you have provided hysterical rants.