Snow Bullseye
1 response | 0 likes
Started by mikempt - Feb. 18, 2021, 9:28 a.m.

here we go again! Supposed to get 3"-5" and we already have 8" . the good thing is we dodged the ice storm on Monday. Its kinda nice,we are all off for the day,nice steady peaceful snow fall.

Comments
By wglassfo - Feb. 18, 2021, 11:17 a.m.
Like Reply

I suppose it is all in what you are prepared for. You tell us you will have approx 12" of accumulated snow. Having been in your part of the country I can see the problem while in my part of the world that is a very minor. Happens many times during the winter

Same as Texas not being prepared for a situation that rarely happens. Although one would have thought a plan B would be scripted in advance and quickly implemented

150 rail engines are currently sitting unused,. These engines could have been moved and quickly hooked into the grid,  bringing 1 or two weeks of their own fuel supply with them

We hook multiple hydraulic hoses with one pull on a common lever for up to 6 outlets. Electricity is much the same, with more connections possible in a short time. Idling or full power engines could provide much needed electric power but a plan B was much too late

Might not have powered the entire grid {IDK]but any thing is better  than  nothing. Spread around the country, could heat and cook meals in community halls etc. for multiple families

Just my 2 cents worth but if you think the fiat system will last your life time then nothing needs to be done. However, if you think it is possible for a break down in our fiat system then this is a primer coarse of what will happen all across the country and perhaps the western world

You never know but our  plan B is to be diversified in our investments and assets.