New York State admits to withholding nursing home covid death #'s
11 responses | 0 likes
Started by TimNew - Feb. 12, 2021, 6 a.m.

I seem to rcall a conversation where it was said that Cuomo was more popular than DeSantis because he was honest. Then several example of his lies were documented/demonstrated.  Add this massive addition to the growing pile.

Seems honesty is such a subjective term these days.

NY Post: Cuomo aide admits to withholding true nursing home death numbers |WNYT.com

The New York Post published a bombshell report alleging the Cuomo administration deliberately withheld New York's true Covid nursing home death numbers to avoid federal criticism or prosecution.

The article claims the comments were made by Secretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa, during a video conference call with state Democratic leaders.

Comments
By mcfarm - Feb. 12, 2021, 7:20 a.m.
Like Reply

Just imagine how many stories the NY Times has either accidently or purposely mislead the public about recently, or atleast since Trump was elected. Just yesterday the details started to become clear about the unfortunate policeman who  the evil Trump supporters killed with a fire extinguisher by bashing is head in....except there was a small error on their part...... never happened at all. But is too late, just like most "errors" by the left the story is already spread across the country and years from now will we still be reading how Trump was responsible for his death. 

By TimNew - Feb. 12, 2021, 7:53 a.m.
Like Reply

I guess that's somewhat related. The narrative(s) continue to amaze me.

Suddely,  we see total outrage over a cop being killed,  who actually wasn't killed by the "rioters" since the cause of death was NOT blunt force trauma. And suddenly,  Blue Lives Matter.

Meanwhile, an unarmed woman is shot to death and she essentially deserved it because of her poor choices.  Yet when a man attacks police with a knife or taser,  we get riots over the use of unnecessary force. 

It's making less and less sense all the time.

By metmike - Feb. 13, 2021, 3:01 p.m.
Like Reply

AP: Over 9,000 virus patients sent into NY nursing homes            

Started by metmike - Feb. 12, 2021, 1:30 a.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65533/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

The most insane part of this was Andrew Cuomo's receiving an Emmy award for his behavior.

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/65533/#65536

Gov. Cuomo Gets an Emmy for Pretending His COVID Response Wasn’t a Disaster

https://gop-waysandmeans.house.gov/gov-cuomo-gets-an-emmy-for-pretending-his-covid-response-wasnt-a-disaster/

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The story keeps getting worse for Andrew Cuomo on Covid-19

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/12/politics/andrew-cuomo-nursing-homes-covid-19/index.html

(CNN)Amid the swirling controversy over whether New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo's administration knowingly undercounted deaths among nursing home residents during the height of the Covid-19 pandemic in the state, a top aide for the governor apologized to Democratic lawmakers, saying the administration "froze" when initially asked by state legislators back in August about the issue.

Which is a stunning admission. And seems to jibe with a report released last month by New York Attorney General Letitia James that suggested that Cuomo's administration undercounted deaths among nursing home residents by as much as 50%.

"Preliminary data obtained by [the Office of the Attorney general] suggests that many nursing home residents died from Covid-19 in hospitals after being transferred from their nursing homes, which is not reflected in [the Department of Heath's] published total nursing home death data," read the summary of the report.

The aide, Melissa DeRosa, sought to clarify her remarks. "I was explaining that when we received the DOJ inquiry, we needed to temporarily set aside the Legislature's request to deal with the federal request first," she said in a statement provided to CNN. "We informed the houses of this at the time. We were comprehensive and transparent in our responses to the DOJ, and then had to immediately focus our resources on the second wave and vaccine rollout. As I said on a call with legislators, we could not fulfill their request as quickly as anyone would have liked."

What DeRosa is arguing is that the Cuomo administration essentially put requests from the New York state legislature for more details on nursing home deaths on hold while they dealt with requests for similar information from the Department of Justice.

But that's not what she told Democratic lawmakers in New York on a virtual conference call on Wednesday. As CNN has reported of that conversation:

According to a source who participated in the call, "DeRosa said the administration essentially 'froze' because it wasn't sure what information it was going to turn over to the DOJ, and didn't want whatever was told the lawmakers in response to the state joint committee hearing inquiries to be used against it in any way."

And that is a very different animal. Because the latter explanation suggests that the reason the Cuomo administration didn't release the full details of deaths in nursing homes to state legislators is because they were concerned about how that data might be used against them, politically speaking, if it fell into the hands of the Trump administration.

Which is a very bad look -- to say the least.

This is only the latest bit of evidence that suggests the Cuomo administration may not have dealt as effectively with the coronavirus pandemic as was initially believed.

Cuomo's actions related to nursing homes have been under considerable scrutiny since May, when reports suggested that his Department of Health had blocked nursing homes from rejecting residents based solely on a confirmed or suspected diagnosis. Cuomo rejected that report, insisting he had followed federal guidance on that front. "New York followed the President's agency's guidance, so that de-politicizes it," Cuomo said at the time. "What New York did was follow what the Republican administration said to do." (Cuomo announced a new policyon May 10, saying a hospital cannot discharge a person who is Covid positive to a nursing home.)

DeRosa's comments will supercharge an already combustible situation for Cuomo as he prepares to run for reelection in 2022. In the aftermath of the report, several prominent Republicans called on Cuomo to resign.

While that won't happen, there's no question that the nursing home story just got worse for Cuomo. And that it now threatens what once looked like a cakewalk to a history-making fourth term next November.

By metmike - Feb. 22, 2021, 12:51 p.m.
Like Reply

NYS Democrats take steps to censure Gov. Cuomo over nursing home scandal

https://nypost.com/2021/02/22/nys-democrats-take-steps-to-censure-gov-cuomo-over-nursing-home-scandal/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=831083

Cuomo’s team undercounted COVID-19 deaths of nursing home residents deaths in public reporting by up to 50 percent and the true data was only revealed after an investigative reportby state Attorney General Leticia James pointed that out;

The Cuomo administration “repeatedly stymied and refused” to comply with requests and hand over information about COVID-19 in nursing homes to state legislators — and admitted the stonewalling was “due to fear of” legal and political accountability” amid an investigation by the US Justice Department. That’s a reference toSecretary to the Governor Melissa DeRosa’s admission during a private Feb. 10 meeting with lawmakers, first revealed by The Post, 

Cuomo himself has “personally and inappropriately threatened” critical lawmakers — a reference to Queens Assemblyman Ron Kim, who claimed the governor threatened to destroy his careerin a heated personal phone call.

The governor placed into the state budget last year a provision to protect nursing home and hospital executives from liability for “poor decisions” during the pandemic “except in the very difficult to prove case of gross negligence.”

The resolution also slams Cuomo for “having never taken responsibility” for his health department’s controversial March 25, 2020 directive for nursinghomes to accept recovering coronavirus patients from hospitals without testing. The transfer policy was rescinded on May 10.

see also

"Instead the resolution says Cuomo “sought to deceive the public, the legislature, and the U.S. DOJ and frame the issue as one of partisan politics rather than a genuine concern.”

The resolution also condemns Cuomo for having time to write a bookabout his handling of the pandemic but at the same time hiding nursing home information.

“During this entire ordeal where the governor claims to not have had time and human
resources to comply with requests for information, the governor did have time to write a book congratulating himself for New York’s COVID-19 response, have a self-congratulatory poster created and circulated before the worst of the pandemic was over,” the Democratic Party activists said.

Cuomo’s hand-picked state Democratic Party Chairman Jay Jacobs said the proposed censure of Cuomo is dead on arrival.

“I don’t see it going anywhere. There will always be those who will see an opportunity to try to enhance their own relevance. I don’t care for this opportunistic action at the state committee,” said Jacobs.

Jacobs said the purpose of the state committee is to select candidates for office and help elect them.

“This is very political,” he said.

There are 450 members of the state Democratic Party Committee."

By metmike - Feb. 23, 2021, 11:35 a.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - Feb. 24, 2021, 12:32 p.m.
Like Reply
By metmike - March 1, 2021, 10:17 a.m.
Like Reply

Ex-journalist Lindsay Neilsen says harassment faced by Cuomo admin forced her to quit job

https://nypost.com/2021/03/01/ex-journalist-claims-harassment-from-cuomo-admin-forced-her-to-quit-job/?utm_medium=browser_notifications&utm_source=pushly&utm_campaign=841170

metmike: Ordinarily, I could care less and would not bother to post such rubbish.............except for this person's connection to the COVID corruption and I have been very involved in trying to provide accurate and timely statistics about COVID for a year and this person played a significant role.........at the epicenter of the COVID last Spring/Summer.

I watched daily and was very impressed by his updates during that time frame.

I even suggested that he run for president, I liked him so much.

Turns out that he isn't what I thought and his role in COVID is a shady one, involving a cover up. 

A sincere mistake very likely in the beginning but the cover up told us how corrupt he actually is. 

By metmike - March 1, 2021, 10:26 a.m.
Like Reply

This is where I come from in my opinion of Andrew Cuomo:

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/50528/#50612

By metmike - April 15, 2020, 2:06 p.m.            

Opinion: Elizabeth Warren just told progressives what they need to hear about Joe Biden    

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/story/2020-04-15/elizabeth-warren-endorses-biden

"One of the central messages of her Biden endorsement is that this election is about governing. Unlike President Trump, who was uniquely unprepared among American presidents for the crisis he now confronts, Biden has a lifetime of experience in public service and specific experience helping to steer the United States out of a deep recession: the 2008-09 meltdown triggered by the subprime mortgage collapse."

metmike:

Bernie Sanders? Yeah, he is a strong leader..but his agenda is too far left.

Mayor Pete?  Strong leader, likeable, smart and more rational thinker and agenda. He would beat Trump badly. 

Governor Andrew Cuomo? Incredibly strong leader. Gifted communicator and incredibly sharp. Knows how to bring people together. Very high popularity and visibility because of the daily NY coronavirus briefings.  Very ethical.  More mainstream. He would crush Trump and make a wonderful president with everything in leadership and character that you want in a president............even if I may not agree with everything in his agenda.

Joe Biden: Well past his prime with greatly diminished cerebral functioning. Has a history of corruption because of the nepotism in the Ukraine, when he was supposed to be fighting corruption..........but instead used his position to take part in it to benefit his son, Hunter.

The democrats blew it in 2016 by running one of the worst candidates in history but Biden is much worse in my opinion. At least Hillary Clinton would have been a very strong leader and was somewhat moderate. Being the first woman president would have been a plus, I think. 

At least Biden is more likeable than H.Clinton(and Trump)............and so is Bozo the Clown (-:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

By metmike - April 25, 2020, 4:58 p.m.            

In researching Chris Cuomo's history of hypocrisy and deceit this morning, I ran across a couple of threads here about his brother Andrew, who I have been promoting as the perfect candidate to replace Joe Biden(the worst candidate in history)...see post above.

I have to withdraw my support for Andrew Cuomo, as he is obviously corrupt. This could be a factor for why he can't run for president.............he wouldn't pass the vetting process because of his blatant corruption. 

Sorry Governor Cuomo I still think that you did a great job for NY with the coronavirus crisis and I still like you(but not nearly as much) but now, see your corruption as offsetting all of the good things about you. 

Cuomo Corruption?            

Started by metmike - Oct. 16, 2019, 12:30 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/41125/

Corruption causing our health care system to collapse            

13 responses |                

Started by metmike - Oct. 16, 2019, 12:05 p.m.            

https://www.marketforum.com/forum/topic/41122/

By metmike - March 3, 2021, 9:35 p.m.
Like Reply

Seems like even the liberal sources are not taking Cuomo's side on this one.

Not sure how he will possibly survive now.

Personally, I think some of it gets carried away. Al Fraken goofing around for instance was unfairly targeted and should have been defended and survived. In appropriate behavior and I may not have like the guy but we have to exercise moderation in how severe the penalties are for this.

I'm not defending sexual abuse of any kind........or verbal abuse. Or a boss using his authority to exert pressure on an employee or even make her/him uncomfortable with  inappropriate comments that are more than isolated and minor.

And maybe its because I grew up 40 years ago......and my wife did too and she agrees.

Men and women will sometimes have a powerful, natural attraction to each other that they can't control like flipping a switch to completely off, especially when they are younger. 

You should not be allowed to violate somebody with inappropriate touching. However, what if a person puts their arm around your shoulder or hugs somebody because they are affectionate?

You can make the receiver uncomfortable as heck but the intentions could be either sexual or totally not.  How do we look at this perceived violation if the hug was not sexual and the receiver reports it?

There can be hundreds of different scenario's but my wife said awhile back that if she reported each incident of a man coming on to her or pinching her butt or doing something like that 40 years ago, that would have occupied half of her time. 

Which is why it was good to make that sort of crap no longer acceptable...........as the norm. 

Maybe Cuomo grew up in that era but the me too era with him playing a key role in enforcing it and speaking out supporting it has been going on for a decade. 

It would be like a leading environmentalist speaking out about the use of fossil fuels, while they use up more fossil fuels and pollute more than the average 20 people combined...........oh, never mind, that defines most people in that realm.

OK< How about, it would be like somebody that promotes becoming a vegetarian or even a vegan, while they still eat red meat. 

Andrew Cuomo timeline: His comments about sexual misconduct vs. the allegations against him

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/03/01/andrew-cuomo-timeline-what-he-said-about-sexual-harassment-vs-allegations-against-him/

By TimNew - March 4, 2021, 5:12 a.m.
Like Reply

Isn't it amazing that we live in a world where Cuomo can be directly responsible for the deaths of thousands of seniors,  but what really pushes him over the line are sexual misconduct allegations.

By metmike - March 4, 2021, 6:25 p.m.
Like Reply

Exactly Tim! That is amazing!

You can make bad decisions that kill thousands and cover it up and survive.........but don't kiss a woman without her permission (:-